eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

I was thinking that the home team lag situation would be fixed by now but it's still exactly as it was on launch :/

Btw does anyone feel like there's a lot of input lag or whatever it's called,i thought they were saying that this would be worked on but it's still here , not improved like at all. Also something that really annoys me is how my players would be being pressed hard and they would still move like they got all the time in the world , it's like there's no difference for them whether they are in a situation where they could lose the ball or not...

Btw does anyone feel like there's a lot of input lag or whatever it's called,i thought they were saying that this would be worked on but it's still here
You're not alone, mate. I've had some good games online but the last few I've had, everyone has been pressing me non-stop (with no stamina penalty to their players) and the controller response lag means I'm just running into those pressing players over and over - and having to input commands ahead of time in order to try and beat a man.

I don't think it's something that will change in the current engine - the roots of the problem (also, not everyone thinks it's a problem) are too deep. If it's true that next year's game will switch to the Unreal engine then... Maybe it'll change then.

Hey guys, stupid question of the day: I'm having a complete blackout about what happens to the demo when you install the complete game. I remember playing both 2017 and surely 2019 demos but now I can't see them anymore on the client, so I suppose the final release was installed on both of them effectively deleting the demos.

So is there a way to install the final release in a different slot or I have to create another account for the demo or something? Don't really want to lose it.

You're not alone, mate. I've had some good games online but the last few I've had, everyone has been pressing me non-stop (with no stamina penalty to their players) and the controller response lag means I'm just running into those pressing players over and over - and having to input commands ahead of time in order to try and beat a man.

I don't think it's something that will change in the current engine - the roots of the problem (also, not everyone thinks it's a problem) are too deep. If it's true that next year's game will switch to the Unreal engine then... Maybe it'll change then.

It's a shame that this problem hasn't changed at all from pes19 because that's literally the only thing that i can't stand at all in this game.. I had heard that this game would be the 1st with the new engine but it never made sense because of the new consoles not being out yet, hopefully tho next year it might actually be a new pes and not just some minor improvements.

Still loving the PC demo with time extender!
Pros

• The new cams, both stadium custom and live broadcast are excellent.Live broadcast cam sometimes lags behind the action when turning around possession quickly, hopefully they can fix this in final game.
    the ball physics and player physicality are really good
    graphics are better than 2019 but not significantly in the gameplay cams
    Re-learning how to tackle without the constant free kicks given away. You do need to learn how much more the game relies on the player physicality and positioning of players versus the ball and the opposition etc. Learning to use the defenders body and get it in between the attacker and the ball and they will often steal the ball cleanly! It feels good when you can do it. Someone like Matuidi in JUve team is a beast for this! I am hardly pressing X when trying to gain possession or stop an attack now, just press R1 to sprint to get between the player and ball. It really emphasises the physicality really well of the sport!

Cons

• Agree with others when you eventually do press X for a block tackle, it gives away a free kick little bit too often. But as above, if you learn to not spam X it is less of an issue now.
    CPU AI needs to give away fouls bit more often I think. JUst needs a little tweak up
    I like how the pace of the game can change quickly when being pressed and then regaining possession to launch a counter attack, but the pace of my attackers needs to be little bit faster and aggressive running into space to make it perfect. We lose the excitement of a fast pace counter attack move with the current dynamics and player AI
    Turf colours bit off sometimes
    CPU AI bit too direct sometimes , cutting out midfield too often
    CPU Superstars like messi need to be more aggressive when attacking and dribbling. He feels like he should do more sometimes, as seems to be less offensive than say coutinho or roberto under CPU control
Summary

• Kinda of agree with others that the demo is pretty good and the best we have seen for many a year now.
    JUst need Konami to not fuck this up and leave the good as it is, and ensure they only focus on the areas that need improvement as above in the cons I listed.
    Will be interesting if they do something really good with ML and the full gameplay, or have that as an anticlimax!
    In all, its looking very promising!
I hardly ever use the press X to win the ball method. Mostly I'm free roaming with super cancel and still the AI gets those cheap fouls right outside of the box which half the time leads to a glorious set piece goal.

Hey guys, stupid question of the day: I'm having a complete blackout about what happens to the demo when you install the complete game. I remember playing both 2017 and surely 2019 demos but now I can't see them anymore on the client, so I suppose the final release was installed on both of them effectively deleting the demos.

So is there a way to install the final release in a different slot or I have to create another account for the demo or something? Don't really want to lose it.
I think once you own the game on that Steam account, you can't then download the demo through the store. A friend said that it was still available if you created another account to download/play it from.

I'm currently trying another method for getting the 2019 demo on an account that already owns the game. It's downloading now and I'll let you know if it works.

Nope, looks like Steam doesn't allow it to be run even if you have all the files.

What I did was manually download the game's files by using console commands by doing the following;

Type this in your browser;
steam://nav/console

Enter this in the Steam client's console tab;
download_depot 888680 888681 6957247777020840769

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me would be able to find a way to get it working, but this will at least download all the files.

Link to the guide I found out how to do this from;
https://old.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

SteamDB link for 2019 demo;
https://steamdb.info/app/888680/

Saw the CPU player just do this with Lewandowski which I thought was pretty cool:

https://streamja.com/rKog

Had to install a screen recorder to capture it, then save it in 720p with the Windows 10 video editor so sorry if quality is a bit bad. :D

So many things to like about the AI in this demo.
If you haven't already activate the Xbox feature thing on PC - if you Press Windows key + G in any game it'll open up the overlay and from there you can just record the last 30 seconds / 1 minute / 2 minute etc. whatever you have set!

Super easy to use and less resource intensive than most screen recorders / captures.

If you haven't already activate the Xbox feature thing on PC - if you Press Windows key + G in any game it'll open up the overlay and from there you can just record the last 30 seconds / 1 minute / 2 minute etc. whatever you have set!

Super easy to use and less resource intensive than most screen recorders / captures.

Thanks for the tip! When I ran my PES 6 league many years ago I used Fraps for screenshots and recordings and Procaster for live streaming so a bit out of the loop!

After the update i am playing on -1 now its good
I can definitely confirm that -1 game speed after the update is the same as 0 before the update.

I'm also getting a lot less foul calls from the CPU now. I've just played 10 games, so I'll keep testing this. I'm playing 15 min games and before I got at least 4 fouls per game, and now I can barely get 1 or no fouls called at all. I know that when the cpu attack level is on red that they play more aggressively, but even when this happens I'm not getting fouls called like before.

This does work well, especially if you want to upload anything to xbox live. Be warned though, if you plan to heavily mod the full game, especially alter the .exe, then this method may stop working.

If you have an nvidia card, simply download 'GeForce Experience', go into options, activate shadow play, then just need to press Alt+Z to bring up recording options when playing any game.

You can also record videos at a higher quality than you can using the xbox method.

Playing 4K highest graphic plus ultrawide with fix by @OBH is so amazing. The graphic is so crisp and immersive with wide screen.

Gameplay is good too. The only issues i have with the game are:
1) Passive AI- not enough pressure by cpu even on aggressive, frontline pressure especially in my own half.
2) My players sometime ran into invisible wall which prevent them to challenge/block when the opponent pass or shoot. This happens way too often in every game i played

Do you have wide monitor or its settings ?

This does work well, especially if you want to upload anything to xbox live. Be warned though, if you plan to heavily mod the full game, especially alter the .exe, then this method may stop working.

If you have an nvidia card, simply download 'GeForce Experience', go into options, activate shadow play, then just need to press Alt+Z to bring up recording options when playing any game.

You can also record videos at a higher quality than you can using the xbox method.
Yeah - big fan of shadow play purely for letting me actually record in 1440p and 60fps. Capped on the Xbox method to 1080p. Although the file sizes do start to get a bit chunky after a while at 1440p...

Good to have lots of options!

Do you have wide monitor or its settings ?
If you have an ultrawide monitor you don't need to anything to the monitors settings themselves to get games to work on them.

@tomj
Absolutely. Shadowplay is the easiest thing in the world to record on my UW monitor. Simply pick 'in-game resolution' choose 60fps, choose a high bit rate, and you're done!

The only real benefit to the xbox one is if you want to upload something to xbox live it has to be recorded in this manner. I only really use it to upload things to try and convince my console mates why they should migrate to PES on PC.

Is your monitor perfectly balanced with pes or there are some issues f.e. delays, black bars etc ?
PES doesn't have full native support for Ultrawide monitors and it has black bars on any pre-rendered scenes such as goals, entrances etc. There are however no technical issues playing on UW at all.

Click this link, and in the video description I've left instructions on how to get it working perfectly. You can see in the video that there are no black bars, and crazy effects on the edges of the screen you get from hex editing the exe.

Ultrawide Fix

Last edited:
Could it be that there are more FuMa players on PC than PA1? Yesterday I couldn’t find anyone within 5 minutes of searching. I want to try FuMa as most of you guys play with that. Is there a lack of animations as there was in 2019? Thanks!

Cmon guys, let them now, share and comment the tweet...
They know. Steam Pes 2020 forum has a thread created by Konami devs to report bugs and many already posted them reporting this bug. I think they won't fix it for the demo though. The fix will be in complete game.

Has anyone realised about the shadows bug while playing in the Neu Sonne Arena during day conditions?!
You can't see shadows, but at some point you see some huge ones appearing on the turf...

Has anyone realised about the shadows bug while playing in the Neu Sonne Arena during day conditions?!
You can't see shadows, but at some point you see some huge ones appearing on the turf...
Have you tried changing the settings? I've never seen that.

I’m using the high settings mate... The other stadiums are fine though.
Must have something turned though right as the players don't have shadows?

Best bet is to play two games - one with everything set to low, one with everything on max.

If it happens in all instances it's likely a bug, if not, then must be something your end.

I'll keep an eye out but I've honestly never seen that before. We are talking about that shadow that sort of flashes across the screen? I thought it was a bird or something at first! :D

I think the game doesn’t support Nvidia dynamic sampled resolutions, deactivating it fixes the problem...

Edit: It does support it, but only the standard resolutions, 1080p, 1440p etc

Last edited:
hi all,

graphics look so good on 4k 3840 x 2160 16:9 but I get lag - framerate is set to 60 fps

anyone else playing on these settings without lag?

gameplay is fine on 1920 x 1080 16:9 and suffers no lag but of course the graphics nowhere near as good

my graphics card is Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb ….is this good enough?

Back
Top Bottom