eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, me too. I'm surprised how easy it is to find PA0 players online in the demo. Not sure if that would carry on to the full game or if it's just cause everyone is trying the demo though.
I'm on ps4 too btw, i wonder if I've played you lol.
You haven't played me yet because I always search the name of the opponents I played against, to see if they're members here. But I added you on PSN if that's also your PSN name.:D
So far, @vxcmplx is the one only I played against here. My very first fuma opponent online on PS4.
I'm from Asia so time difference is an issue.
I don't think connection is an issue, because majority of my opponents are from Spain, France and Italy, and connection is good.

PA0 is obviously a big improvement over PA1/2/3... but why not just have a full manual filter? FIFA has it. It's so basic.
I understand what you mean and also wishing that.

I Disagree. RDR2 was unresponsive and people still the loved the game for things beside the character control. People still love playing games like Destiny on PS4 when it's a choppy 30fps (Really bad for fast paced first person shooters).

People will put up the bad stuff to enjoy the good stuff.
I can't relate as I don't play other video games aside from PES. :D

Last edited:
You haven't played me yet because I always search the name of the opponents I played against, to see if they're members here. But I added you on PSN if that's also your PSN name.:D
So far, only @vxcmplx is the one I played against here. My very first fuma opponent online on PS4.

my psn name is different than here so youd never know :JAY: well kind of, it's a little similar i suppose..

i do have vxcmplx on my friends list though. havent played em yet.

I find when I look up fuma players names on the ps4 - from either pes or fifa - we tend to have friends in common. Fuma players are a fairly tight bunch even if they dont know it :SAL:

Why would anyone even consider playing with barcelona in this game when u have the chance to play for the biased team here in the konami department which is juventus fc...much better and much stronger team physically, it is just stupid to play with other than bayern or juve

After recording weeks of stuff, I've finally put some of it into a mediocre video! :D
It's all manual controls. I think it's mostly on professional difficulty, maybe some top-player, I can't remember now!

Here's the content -

0s - mis-control by my defender! Don't mind that at all!
11s - header off the post
25s - nice low finish
44s - another nice low finish
55s - Unlucky 'Keeps!
1m18s - Lucky deflection.
1m29s - A.I. keeper loses his mind!
1m49s - softest of all fouls called against me!
2m5s til the end - three of my favourite goals (that I remembered to save!)

Enjoying the demo, first time I've spent this much time with the game in years (could never get past the slo-mo keepers).

Does player ID still exist cause I'm not really seeing/feeling it especially when it comes to dribblers like Messi or Ronaldo.

I played Utd and Lukaku was proper strong, they played off him which was good, Matuidi I've seen close down and tackle, fast players leave slower ones behind etc but in attack there seems to be less individuality between players.

Last edited:
Question guys, is the keepers manual high release out of the hand broken?!
With PA1 I can do 3 kinds of them to all distances. On manual I can’t do any short ones. Only long balls, even when pressing the slightest. That’s strange.

Maybe I’m missing something.

Last edited:
Playing with the PES Legends teams feels so damn good, such a joy controlling Ronaldinho, Maradona, Beckham and other great players, they really took the player individuality at another level this year.
giphy.gif

Makes me wish we had some legendary squads like the ones of Arsenal from 2004, Barcelona from 2009, Manchester United from 1999, etc.
Maradona is a complete beast :D.
giphy.gif

Question guys, is the keepers manual high release out of the hand broken?!
With PA1 I can do 3 kinds of them to all distances. On manual I can’t do any short ones. Only long balls, even when pressing the slightest. That’s strange.

Maybe I’m missing something.
I think this is broken since versions ago on PA0, as many FuMa guys have mentioned before.

This is a bit random, but do anyone have a link to a site that tells me when each team licensed to fifa ends? I want to know as I can have hopes for teams going over to PES

I kinda disagree, old PES shooting mechanics have still more variation. While both 2020 and the old games keep the consistency and the logic which shots can hit the target and which not (not RNG like in FIFA) in 2020 still far too many shots on target or close to target and too many shots are super powered, while the goalies are super humans. Its balanced but i would settle with more shot error and less

Wow, really ? I'm absolutely flabbergasted by that comment. As those who know me, I could write a 1000 word argument in detail as to why I stand by my opinion on the shooting variation. But not only do I not have the time, if you can't see what they have accomplished here in soooooo many areas than it would fall on deaf ears.

I will say this, 70% of goals in previous PES games I would have either scored, or hit the target with the same type of contextual strike. Not in this, not even R2's or the dinks.

The random nature is a work of art, even with top players like Messi, Ive seen them screw wide R2 shots from close range with his left peg. Absolute gimmes previously.

On a different note, how do you drive that low shot ? Its shoot followed by another button but I cant remember what ?

R2 and L2 manual high long passes are amazing.

Playing with the PES Legends teams feels so damn good, such a joy controlling Ronaldinho, Maradona, Beckham and other great players, they really took the player individuality at another level this year.
giphy.gif

Makes me wish we had some legendary squads like the ones of Arsenal from 2004, Barcelona from 2009, Manchester United from 1999, etc.
Maradona is a complete beast :D.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Enjoying the demo, first time I've spent this much time with the game in years (could never get past the slo-mo keepers).

Does player ID still exist cause I'm not really seeing/feeling it especially when it comes to dribblers like Messi or Ronaldo.

I played Utd and Lukaku was proper strong, they played off him which was good, Matuidi I've seen close down and tackle, fast players leave slower ones behind etc but in attack there seems to be less individuality between players.

Definitely, but again, more advanced. Messi in the right hands is unplayable, Ive been ripped a new asshole by a very good player online with Messi. Forget the sprint, use angles, shoulder drops, R2 and R3, shielding, and these tricky players are gamechangers from an attacking perspective.

The close control and beating of 4-5 men with Dybala Ive produced have been jaw dropping. And I'm still a rank amateur as its such a new system and I've barely played PES in years like I did many, many moons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom