eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we'll never know now, coz people who are supposed to be most professional, are measuring dicks and laughing along with 15 year old fan boys.

Oh, come on guys. It IS funny. Especially the fact that EA, with all their claim to marketing smarts and power could not come up with a better name than "Piemonte Calcio"... haha.. that's as if they consulted Konami: "Guys, you have experiences with creating fake team names that are safe from litigation. How would you rename Juventus?"

What's more interesting to me is to know, how they managed to lure them away from EA. I don't think it was money alone, so there must have been some additional promise/strategy. Interesting times ahead.

I just read a comment about NBA 2K, someone saying it's every year the same game, bad animations and cartoonish kits haha so I was thinking of people commenting about PES animations etc ..I mean every game has it flaws ,even nba 2k has lost its reputation last years but sometimes people forget that and you could litteraly think that PES is the only game having problems reading the comments here..but that's life today, we will never be happy, always something to complain about no matter what..

It's one of the main negatives (for me, an avid Master League player) in recent years. What gives me hope for 2020 is that 2019 was an improvement on 2018. They stopped those massive cash injections every season. But I still ended up with a massive transfer fund and hardly any wage budget. In my current ML save I have £200m to spend on transfers, but nothing left in wages, after 6 seasons! This is after starting with the defaults.

I hope they make it much harder to sign free agents and promising youths. But they won't.

Konami have got all bases covered when it comes to prompting players to pick up their next game.

With online play its the 1-year no-change-in-form and just to make sure then the 2-year server shut off.
With offline play its the sort of thing you mentioned.

IMO its a deliberately-limited product each year. "On rails" so to speak.

I don't even know why I click on this :BORED:, most talk is about some marketing guys, EA, licences, faces and other crap.

silly season i guess :COOPZ:

Career Mode, arguably their core offline mode, has been widely neglected for years. That was a key reason behind me ditching FIFA.
Career Mode still eclipses Master League fpr content though, even after years and years of neglect. That says a lot about Konami's efforts.

Oh, come on guys. It IS funny.
Agree that it is funny and enjoyable to see with the shoe being on the other foot.

Especially the fact that EA, with all their claim to marketing smarts and power could not come up with a better name than "Piemonte Calcio"... haha.. that's as if they consulted Konami: "Guys, you have experiences with creating fake team names that are safe from litigation. How would you rename Juventus?"
Not sure what else they could call them though?
It's sensible; it's related to the region they're from and it sounds Italian. That's as good as they could do. If they'd gone with Tuvenjus or another play on the name then that would be even more embarrassing for them. They've done well with what they had to work with.

not saying to dribble like messi in the middle of the park but at the same time but if the AI has space in front i do expect it to walk with the ball in that area, i dont want to see the AI consistently ping one touch passing in that area its a major turn off for me

Oh I completely misunderstood you then, sorry.

Yeah, I don't think there's much of AI walking/dribbling around the middle of the pitch looking for passing opportunities or trying to wrong foot opponents.

One small feature will decide whether i'll play on PC or PS4: Adjust Budget in ML
It can't be that hard to implement since Baris already made a tool on PC for it...
I started a new ML on PS4 in the 2nd division and i am stuck with 19mill transfer budget and 100k salary budget, can't buy anyone...this is stupid...

I had the problem for a couple of seasons of having like over a hundred million dollars transfer budget and way way way too less salary budget....I guess it was like 2 or 3 million.
Could buy anyone that is willing to join my team but couldn´t pay him.

Next problem...my players want a raise after some time.

Then I found out that you actually can adjust your finances. Not like in FIFA with that slider, but with your regular incomes. You can choose whether your income goes to your transfer budget or salary budget.
I put everything to the salary budget and now I´m good.
You can do that in the manager´s office in your ML.

I had the problem for a couple of seasons of having like over a hundred million dollars transfer budget and way way way too less salary budget....I guess it was like 2 or 3 million.
Could buy anyone that is willing to join my team but couldn´t pay him.

Next problem...my players want a raise after some time.

Then I found out that you actually can adjust your finances. Not like in FIFA with that slider, but with your regular incomes. You can choose whether your income goes to your transfer budget or salary budget.
I put everything to the salary budget and now I´m good.
You can do that in the manager´s office in your ML.

Yes you can, but it still takes a while to build up because you get more bonuses when your players reach statuses within the club. Takes 1-2 seasons until the money really starts to flow in.

One thing that I really hate about the Master League, is the player regens. I hate when players regen with the same faces and names in PES, I think FIFA does a better job in respawning those players younger with randomized names and appearances. It's doesn't break immersion that much like in PES.

Oh, come on guys. It IS funny. Especially the fact that EA, with all their claim to marketing smarts and power could not come up with a better name than "Piemonte Calcio"... haha.. that's as if they consulted Konami: "Guys, you have experiences with creating fake team names that are safe from litigation. How would you rename Juventus?"

What's more interesting to me is to know, how they managed to lure them away from EA. I don't think it was money alone, so there must have been some additional promise/strategy. Interesting times ahead.

EA removed Ronaldo from their marketing following the rape accusations. This probably pissed Juventus off, since they were relying on marketing and exposure as a return from the Ronaldo investment.

They need to fix those 3 stupid things.
Here's the issue with the 3rd one(foul on offensive player).

Even if the defenders initiated the contact, the "foul call" will be in favor of him as long as he's first to touch the ball.
They need to fix the foul detection system.

The PSG players are called for fouls here.
Leg clothesline!
ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Flying knee!
ezgif.com-optimize_3.gif

Foul called on Asensio!
ezgif.com-optimize_4.gif
These things are the main problems of the foul system. Absolutely controller-breaking.

One small feature will decide whether i'll play on PC or PS4: Adjust Budget in ML
It can't be that hard to implement since Baris already made a tool on PC for it...
I started a new ML on PS4 in the 2nd division and i am stuck with 19mill transfer budget and 100k salary budget, can't buy anyone...this is stupid...

Yeah that sucks and I like that Baris made the tool this year
But for ingame stuff, did you change where your expenses go? I changed everything to go to salaries and take bonusses from Transfer budget and it stays reasonably balanced for me.

Even though I still need that budget adjustment option! :P

Almost certainly licensed.

Yeah but it is very interesting to see how it is licensed. Is it just as the other leagues? Because then it's practically only a Juventus license there is the difference. Or will we actually see an extra effort with broadcast package, more stadiums etc..?

My feeling is... That if it they was heavily investing in the license, we would have seen them branding it already? Although.. Can't remember when they announced last year's league licenses.

life today, we will never be happy, always something to complain about no matter what..

This, i'm surprised someone finally said this :BOP: Life is too short to complain about everything especially video games. Thank God, i always enjoy playing PES. Maybe it's because i'm not that hardcore fans & always playing it offline with my friends.

And thats exactly the reason why I was so disappointed and pissed off by his attitude.

The spot light was on exclusive licensing and how it hurts everyone. Adam started it of very well. Instead of use this case as an example, instead of trying to unite people (all people, even those on EA side) and reach out to EA, the other fella opted for pure Cartman approach.
View attachment 17531

Who knows? Maybe if there was enough noise and pressure from people, EA would agreed to give them EPL and Bundesliga (having a limit of, lets say, two stadiums in each league) and in exchange get Camp Nou, russian league and unlock Juve (and all other exclusives they have) next year.

But we'll never know now, coz people who are supposed to be most professional, are measuring dicks and laughing along with 15 year old fan boys.
Aaaahh... i see, you are in the gif business now as well! I’m glad you could stick with that signature quality level, my man!!! :LMAO:

;)

Yeah that sucks and I like that Baris made the tool this year
But for ingame stuff, did you change where your expenses go? I changed everything to go to salaries and take bonusses from Transfer budget and it stays reasonably balanced for me.

Even though I still need that budget adjustment option! :P

Yes i did, but when you start in the 2nd league it takes ages until you get multiple 100k a month. You start without any players having captaincy, star or whatever so you don't get any fan bonuses etc.
On PC i could change the 19mill 100k to 15mill 2mill and could buy 1-2 amazing star players for my team!

I can enjoy the shittiest games and movies in existance if i experience them with friends. It doesn't nessescarily speak to quality of the product itself

Well, i guess people always have different quality standard :)

Even if a game that has good quality, there's always a complain about here and there. I believe for the next 5 or 10 years whether konami add everything to the game, there's always people complain about everything even in small details.

Last year he and Asim were hinting strongly at a licence based on the colour of Lygaard's shoes on a particular day. Said licence never came to light and he was (rightfully) slated as a bullshitter.
It could be a hint for Schalke though because the shoe colours were blue and white.
We just assumed that it could be for Real Madrid,and when it didn't happen we called bullshit.
But maybe it wasn't for Real Madrid in the first place but for Schalke which was announced a bit after that.

Well, i guess people always have different quality standard :)

Even if a game that has good quality, there's always a complain about here and there. I believe for the next 5 or 10 years whether konami add everything to the game, there's always people complain about everything even in small details.

People should complain because things deserve to be criticised. The only time people shouldn't complain is when something is literally perfect and thats never the case

This, i'm surprised someone finally said this :BOP: Life is too short to complain about everything especially video games. Thank God, i always enjoy playing PES. Maybe it's because i'm not that hardcore fans & always playing it offline with my friends.
Yeah, but it's true. If u read some comments you would think that PES is a horrific game far behind every other sports title..then you read some comments about fifa or nba, and it's litteraly the same..people focus too much on the negatives instead of trying to enjoy the good things, thats how it is today, I know things should or can be better but at least we should appreciate the things they added this year, because there are plenty of them..and ive seen many fifa fans saying they will switch to pes cause of the ML and these licences..

Last edited:
Seria A not licensed in my opinion. I want be wrong.

Konami have literally released a video showing the players with the Serie A badge on their sleeve as well as the scudetto on the shirt. It's licensed.

It could be a hint for Schalke though because the shoe colours were blue and white.
We just assumed that it could be for Real Madrid,and when it didn't happen we called bullshit.
But maybe it wasn't for Real Madrid in the first place but for Schalke which was announced a bit after that.
I'm fairly sure the incorporated the word 'Real' into the hinting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom