Edits to improve the gameplay

I can't wait for the final WENB OF to come out. I really want to individually edit the players. I always tend to do it with Football Manager when they miss out of a gem of a player and it improves the game so much. There are so many great players out there that only the most avid football fans will be able to appreciate.

Maybe we could also use this thread to list a few particular players which are severley under-rated in the game. The more people who provide input in this respect, the more chance we have of creating the most realistic football game ever. If we can give the up and coming youngster of world football, their own kind of individuality, then we will really be on the right track.

Massive credit must go to Chimps and the rest who can be arsed with the editing that improves the game for so many. Is there any chance Chimps, you can list the edits you've made as i am unclear as to whether you've decreased the top speed and acceleration of most players.

By edits, i don't mean every single one as i'm aware you don't apply generic edits to every player. I just mean what stats are you concentrating the edits on?

As per my OP on this thread, i've just reduced acceleration/top speed and passign speed. I've since brought up some players technique, response and dribbling speed as these seem to be the attributes that are responsible for players turning speed (unless i'm wrong).

I've always edited my football games. Every year I do it so very religiously so that the game is customised to my liking. Even in FIFA games for xbox 360 which did not have any global editors, I've spent hours and days to edit the values of each one of the players.

For Pro Evo though, we do get the global editors such as the PESFan Option File Editors. I'm just waiting for one of those editors for xbox 360 to be available for download. If you guys know of any xbox 360 option file editors, please do let us all know.

I have massive ideas and plans for player attribute editing for realistic gameplay in PES 2010 for xbox 360.

2010 - Edited gameplay file released - Beta 1

http://www.filefront.com/14815495/Chimps2010WENBEDIT.zip/

This uses the WENB option file as a base. If you are using this already, you only need to copy over the Edit and Options files onto your PS3. If you are not using the WENB file, copy all across.

This contains all the strips and teams on the WENB option file. A number of international teams have been edited to improve the gameplay. I would recommend playing games between these teams to see the difference in gameplay.

Teams edited so far are -

Argentina, Brazil, Italy, England, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Germany and France.

The gameplay changes were tested on Top Player setting and have been made to make the game more competative and to increase the responsiveness slightly.

Can you let me know what you think and which teams you have tried. I have attempted to make each team play more realistically and hope others think the same.

Wow downloaded this and the diffrents are unbelevable :) so much better you should work for konami.when do you think your full option file will be ready?

2010 - Edited gameplay file released - Beta 1

http://www.filefront.com/14815495/Chimps2010WENBEDIT.zip/

This uses the WENB option file as a base. If you are using this already, you only need to copy over the Edit and Options files onto your PS3. If you are not using the WENB file, copy all across.

This contains all the strips and teams on the WENB option file. A number of international teams have been edited to improve the gameplay. I would recommend playing games between these teams to see the difference in gameplay.

Teams edited so far are -

Argentina, Brazil, Italy, England, Holland, Portugal, Spain, Germany and France.

The gameplay changes were tested on Top Player setting and have been made to make the game more competative and to increase the responsiveness slightly.

Can you let me know what you think and which teams you have tried. I have attempted to make each team play more realistically and hope others think the same.

Thanks man, Played Brazil v Argentina and they're better. Not sure what you edited exactly though?

hey lami.....

what did you experience when playing with the changes?

Was it harder?
slower paced?

can you tell us exactly.

i shoould get my copy today and the first thing I will try is this option file.

I do agree with that, thing is I am still waiting for my new PS3 to arrive and just want something to tie me over :D

with the royal mail on strike, and over 35 million items as backlog, i sure hope you used someone else to deliver your PS3! :CONFUSE:

with the royal mail on strike, and over 35 million items as backlog, i sure hope you used someone else to deliver your PS3! :CONFUSE:

Nah I live in Iceland, pretty far from the Royal Mail strike and my PS3 was just at the shop, they have already got a new one ready for me and waiting I will go get it later today.

Fingers crossed my data backup will restore safely. I would hate to have to start over my ML campaign, even though I was only a few games in.

...yeah looks like I screwed up bigtime with the backup data. I completely relied on it and now the system restore wont give my any saves at all. I should have backed up a few of my most important saves... well it could be worse I guess. It's just a video game system, I'll get over it.

hey lami.....

what did you experience when playing with the changes?

Was it harder?
slower paced?

can you tell us exactly.

i shoould get my copy today and the first thing I will try is this option file.

I'm not quite sure tbh but it feels better. I really want to know what he changed too.

I'd like to echo what Lami said, I played two games last night with this file and I liked it, but would like to know what changes have been made.

Also, is there a way to revert quickly to an original optionfile without loosing the kits and stuff?

I raised the teamwork, aggression and tenacity of the teams, until playing against them became more realistic.

I also slightly raised the agility, balance and response on players with very low stats for these. I would normally think that having these below 74 would create a player who was un-responsive and clumsy.

I then lowered the short passing speed on a few players as having a lot of players with fast passing on one team will make the game look like ping pong.

I also made a few players more skillfull so that they could hurt you when playing against you.

Any changes made were not done blindly and I tried to keep the gap in stats between good and poor players and keep player individuallity.

Even though its just a few teams, there not right as some needed made harder to play against. I played england v italy and italy were far too poor, so raised their teamwork and aggression.

I also think that if the game is made harder a lot of players may need better shooting stats as building up a move to work an opening for a shot is useless if the player then balloons the ball. This might work if you create loads of chances, but the option file is going to be written so that only a few are created each game, if you playing a team of level skill

hey chimps,

do you plan on doing these edits for all the teams in the game (international and clubs)

if you are, when do you think the finished option file will be ready.

thanks

I raised the teamwork, aggression and tenacity of the teams, until playing against them became more realistic.

I also slightly raised the agility, balance and response on players with very low stats for these. I would normally think that having these below 74 would create a player who was un-responsive and clumsy.

I then lowered the short passing speed on a few players as having a lot of players with fast passing on one team will make the game look like ping pong.

I also made a few players more skillfull so that they could hurt you when playing against you.

Any changes made were not done blindly and I tried to keep the gap in stats between good and poor players and keep player individuallity.

Even though its just a few teams, there not right as some needed made harder to play against. I played england v italy and italy were far too poor, so raised their teamwork and aggression.

I also think that if the game is made harder a lot of players may need better shooting stats as building up a move to work an opening for a shot is useless if the player then balloons the ball. This might work if you create loads of chances, but the option file is going to be written so that only a few are created each game, if you playing a team of level skill

Thanks for taking your time to explain mate :)

I know this has been answered a million times but still I want to ask. Why would anyone not create an option file editor for XBOX 360? All xbox 360 owners will donate and make it a handsome kitty for your hard work. I can pay you upfront mate. Please let me know.

Contact me at vjkrishnaaaATyahooDOTcom or bloggerATbluechampionsDOTcom

So guys do you really plan to edit wenb of after konami release patch with transfers.I mean all players from club and Interneational teams will be with modified stats?I know that that is much work but will be the best file on planet.i tried the file and is look more realistic ball i moving slowly,players look more natural.

(for the PS3)

Hi i'm new here. Basically i was a life long PES fan until Fifa09 came out. Loved that game so i bought Fifa10 but the amount of editing it required to make the game enjoyable was a bit of a joke. So i sacked it off and bought PES10.

Initial thoughts are good. It's enjoyable but there are a few problems (which i've listed below)with the gameplay which can hopefully be altered with a few tweaks to player attributes...

Problems

• The game is too fast - the ball travels too fast/players run too fast.
  • There's an overwhelming clumsiness to the game
  • There is still a slight delay when pressing a button.
  • Passes don't seem to go to the intended recipient

Whilst the game is capable of producing brilliant moments i found a lot of the time i was left being slightly frustrated. Anyway i felt the same with Fifa10 so i decided to do a few edits which dramatically improved the game. The problem was, editing took too long, whereas with PES it's much quicker.

What editing have i done then?
Basically all i have done is the same as i did for Fifa10.

I've lowered top speed and acceleration by 20 points and i've lowered short pass speed by 10-15 points.

Results

Surprise surprise (not really) it's improved the gameplay no end. Just like it did with Fifa. However, on a slower pace PES10 plays much, much better than Fifa10 does.

What test have i done?

I tried lowering passing by 30 points (this is what i did with Fifa) but i found with PES that it resulted in short passes bouncing around a lot. It stopped the game from flowing as players were constantly trying to get the ball under control because of the excessive bouncing (which was weird). So basically i decided to just lower short passing speed by 10-15 depending on the player.

Combined with the reduced player speed, this resulted in the most impressive gameplay i've probably ever seen from a football sim. Everything is more measured, the slight button delay doesn't matter as players don't cover ground as quickly, Passing feels perfect and has a higher success rate (in the sense that it goes to the correct player rather than a different team-mate). The clumsy feel to the game seems to have almost disappeared.

I actually feel genuinely excited about PES again so over so i'm going to tweak everyone's attributes. Firstly i'm going to wait til i get a final option file before i continue with the edits, but once i do them i will be putting the file on here for download.

In the meantime i seriously recommend somebody give this a shot. Just edit 2 teams. It will literally take 5 minutes, and basically just see what you think. Please leave feedback in this thread along with any friendly advice that i can implement into the edit.

:)

Firstly, thanks for the tips. I am sure it makes a difference, game play wise. But my problem is that I did do the changes in the Main Menu but when I got back into the Master League nothing has changed. I tried to look for an edit mode within the master league but couldn't find any. The only things that seem to be able to change/edit were player numbers and stadium name. I must ad- I only got the game yesterday, 10 November 2009 and thus the possibility is that I might miss something. Auto Save is activated.

I would really like to see the difference, so if someone could post a video or something that would be really great as i haven't bought the game yet.

Will we be able to play with edited stats online? A league of people playing with these edited stats sounds awesome. Otherwise, it would be so difficult to play with edit stats offline and having to adjust with the default stats online.

Sorry, Chimps-with-quiffs,:PIRATE: is there any remote chance of making a post when You finish all the player stats:PRAY:, with all them, so I can make them equal to my EU version of the game...:D That was really great!!!:WOOT::WORSHIP:

I love this awsome game;) and all the editing stuff is waited year after year,:BOP: but this improovment that You proposed this year, for me is the essential one to say again with a lot of confidence that now we've got the best football simulator of the market...ever!!!:ROCK: Huge improovment!!!:!

All the game runned better and smoother, and felt more real!!!:JAY:

Last edited:
Hi there.
I have had problems with passing and controlling the ball on PES 10 but when I altered my formation basically with more space between my team the problem dissappeared. So if you can't be bothered to edit just try out different formations.

Sorry, Chimps-with-quiffs,:PIRATE: is there any remote chance of making a post when You finish all the player stats:PRAY:, with all them, so I can make them equal to my EU version of the game...:D That was really great!!!:WOOT::WORSHIP:

I love this awsome game;) and all the editing stuff is waited year after year,:BOP: but this improovment that You proposed this year, for me is the essential one to say again with a lot of confidence that now we've got the best football simulator of the market...ever!!!:ROCK: Huge improovment!!!:!

All the game runned better and smoother, and felt more real!!!:JAY:

Thanks, sorry for the late reply, but I have not been playing the game until I am sent an updated version of the file and then I will go to work on editing all the players.

Back
Top Bottom