E3 2008

well 2K8 looked pretty damn good. not sure how they couldve made it better.

It does look very good but improvements can always be made, player faces would be a good place to start. I've read on the 2K forums that KG looks incredible so that's a good sign. Kenny Smith has been replaced by Clark Kellogg.

Preview by OS:

How much can you truly write about after watching a one-minute trailer, and a single two-minute quarter demo? Well not much really. But I know OS (and most people in general) love NBA 2K and so I can at least provide a few 2K9 crumbs for now.

Mark Thomas, VP of sports development at Visual Concepts, basically said that this year he wants consumers to be blown away by the NBA 2K experience from start to finish. What that means? Who knows -- it was a very coy remark to make after all.

What I did notice during my time watching the two-minute demo though was that the graphics look even better, and are locked in at a solid 60 frames per second. Kevin Garnett was on the free-throw line at one point (the demo was Lakers vs. Celtics at the Staples Center) and he looked simply incredible. Overall it just seems like that added layer of polish has been added to the graphics, removing the somewhat plastic-textured skin of the last few years.

Also the announcing team will be getting revamped, as now Clark Kellogg, who does a lot of college basketball coverage on CBS, will be taking over for Kenny "The Jet" Smith on color commentary.

Finally at the end of the quarter, I did see a new presentation element: After the end-of-quarter whistle, some of the best highlights from the quarter played automatically. The highlights were shown from a cinematic camera view, and there was an orchestral-type score playing over the highlights. Now the two-minute demo didn't have too many eventful moments so the highlights were ho-hum; but, if the game is actually able to recognize the best moments from a quarter and play them on screen after a quarter, that's a fantastic new presentation element.

Biggest Positive: Doesn't seem like Visual Concepts is messing with something that isn't broken.

Biggest Negative: I didn't get to play the game.

Biggest Question: The gameplay in NBA 2K8 was already rock solid, but will there be a new mode this year, or will the Association Mode at least be refined and improved?
nba-2k9-20080716054952873.jpg

nba-2k9-20080716054957810.jpg

:DD

NBA Live is no match for this.

Pure gameplay trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36647.html

SSX on wheels :COOL:

Mercs 2 demo

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/0/6194416/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32008_live

Last edited:
I like how the developer for madded described the Grass as being the main part of the playing field so they made it look amazing something Konami should maybe work on.

Also all the Commentary is adlib as the guy watched them play the game so it makes it sound amazing

I don't think they'll ever be a demo for Madden.

media

millionSKI.gif

:LOL:

There has been Madden Demo's the last two years, and NCAA too, I dont see why they wouldnt do a demo this year as well.

Back
Top Bottom