Deus Ex 3 Human Revolution

Re: Dues Ex 3 Human Revolution PC, Xbox 360, PS3

I'm hyped for DE3, as long as it follows the formula of the first and not the second game it'll be decent.

My guess is a March/April 2011 release.

Way too early to be hyped for a game so far away, but Deus Ex 1 was just superb really and is up there as one of the best games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

The only problem is that even though they've said the game is going back to it's roots the original creators aren't attached to DE3.

This could be a good thing though IMO, but only as long as they keep it focused on the RPG elements as much as the action-based gameplay and isn't dumbed down like Mass Effect 2 was compared to Mass Effect.

Fingers crossed, looking forward to hearing more details.

Deus Ex gets delayed into FY2012 by Square

Square announced in its recent batch of financials that it’s delayed Deus Ex: Human Revolution into fiscal year 2012. It was originally scheduled for a early 2011 release.

Square Enix’s next financial year begins on April 1, 2011.

The reason for the delay is due to “weak sales performance of console game titles that have been newly released during the current fiscal year as well as harsh market feedback regarding a key title.

“We therefore have decided to spend additional time to further polish our upcoming game, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, resulting in a shift in release timing from our prior plan of the current fiscal year to next fiscal year.”

So it's been delayed for atleast a month...

Likely to be a good decision, in the 1st quarter of this year the following are penned in;
Bulletstorm, Crysis2, Homefront & F.E.A.R.3.

DeusEx may be more RPG orientated but it will still be seen as a FPS by most.

Last edited:
No, the financial year runs from April to March. It was penned in for a 1st quarter of 2011, which is the final quarter of the 2011 financial year. Moving it to the financial year of 2012 means that it can be released in April 2011. So it can be as little as a month delay.

Might be, if they say they have delayed the game due to a poor response to another game makes me think they have implemented similar systems in both. And now need to rebuild them in DeusEx.

The cinematics of the game look absolutely brilliant, but all the gameplay footage I've watched has been quite average, both in terms of mechanics, of gameplay "feel" and wow factor. I really would prefer them to delay it enough to make it work brilliantly, even if it means a whole year.

Square Enix are being abysmal in next gen, so they really need to hit a nail once and for all to retain some of the credit they had in the previous gen. Deus Ex 3 MUST be a great game and should be much deeper than Mass Efect in gameplay and story.

Well there must be compromises if the game is to be quite open ended, the modern console tech can only make linear corridor type shooters look spectacular, games that our open world/RPG need to be dialled down in some way, Fallout New Vegas obviously isn't the best example because we all know it uses an old engine but you see what I mean :)

Yes, of course, that's specifically what I fear, that they end up doing a bland shooter with only some tiny elements of rpg with a very linear and scripted story/action.

Yes, it reminds me a lot of the original. The preview build doesn't have all of the graphical bells and whistles though so it doesn't look all that great.

The PCgamer review claims it's the modern deus ex we deserve and that it's the best game he's played in four years

oxm.com.uk issue 76 September 2011

- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - World's first Review: - "It's a sci-fi master piece!" 10/10

Gamesmaster Review Highlights:

Few games do so much, so well, and for so long as Deus Ex : Human Revolution. In any other year, we'd have our Game Of The Year winner locked down before the end of August, but with the likes of Skyrim hitting the shelves in the next few months, Deus Ex is in for a bit of a fight, and a sneak, and a bit of a chat, and a punch-up, and whatever else you fancy doing, really.

The pre-credits tutorial sets the stage for almost 30 hours in Human Revolution's take on 2027. It's the most credible videogame world since Bioshock's Rapture - every location telling a story about what happened before you arrived and what might happen when you leave. Over those 30 hours not one minute is wasted.

In every city hub there are half a dozen side-missions to complete alongside the main missions; you'll be tasked with recovering evidence from a body in a police station morgue, but find yourself taking down a corrupt cop, investigating your ex-girlfriends disappearance, stealing weapons from gangland territory, and doing anything but the job in hand. Every missions plays differently, and every mission can be played however you want.

Enemy AI puts up a tremendous fight, moving a couple of men to flank while the rest suppress as a group. Augment your armour and electromagnetic shielding, install a rebreather to cope with gas grenades, and improve your arms to takedown two enemies at a time and you'll become an unstoppable killing machine. You can rack up a bodycount in the hundreds, or collect an achievement for not killing a soul.

Human Revolution is a proper RPG where you have real choice about everything you do. You'll make decisions you'll have to think about for minutes at a time, weighing the possibilities; you'll break your zero-kill streak and murder people because they deserved it rather than because the game forced you; you'll risk your life and the lives of others to save characters you've genuinely come to like. It's like a game filled with branching paths where every decision feels like a decisive moment, and a game where the results are always satisfying no matter what path you take.

But we've seen this before, after a fashion. Back in 2000, the original Deus Ex changed everything. With the help from System Shock 2, it forged a template the best developers would crib from for the next decade. That game wasn't a great shooter or a great stealth game, the AI was thick, combat was lightweight, and stealth was often as much about exploitation as skill. Somehow though, even with those problems, the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. Human Revolution, however, has no caveats; it is a great shooter, it is a great stealth game, and those parts come together to make it a great RPG. It's a once-in-a-generation kind of game, and the first game in a decade to do everything the original Deus Ex did, and to do almost all of it better

+ Freedom - Even great games only offer a handful of choices. In DE : HR you make choices in every new room.
+ Replay value - Once you're through it, you can do it all again playing with a whole new style of play.
+ The enemy AI - The enemies are merciless. They suppress, they flank, they kill. Don't stay still for long.
+ 2027 - Eidos Montreal's world of 2026 is the best original sci-fi vision in years, in any media.

- Bosses - There are three lousy boss fights in the game, and one almost good one. All are unavoidable.

Graphics 89%
Gameplay 93%
Accessibility 80%
Lifespan 90%
Innovation 94%

Overall 94% (not an average)

Summary - An incredible piece of game-making; it's the revival Deus Ex always deserved.

The original is easily one of the best games I have ever played, if the new one is better I cant even begin to imagine how good it must be.

My fave game of all time maybe skyrym will change that

Did you know that there are 4 different endings to the game? I must of played through the game at least 3 times and got the same ending each time. I never knew that there were different ones until a min ago when checking out Youtube vids of the game for nostalgia.

What a awesome game it was though. Half Life was my fave game before this and Deus Ex was on another level. The stealth, hacking, augmentations, conversations, size of the levels and the freedom, I dont remember there being anything like it before. And the story was really good also.

Did you play the second one? I never got bothered with it because the reviews were not that great.

Are you still a PC gamer? I havnt been for around 10 years but when I think back about all the great games I have played most are PC games. In the few years where I was a serious PC gamer I remember loosing days playing Deus Ex, Theif 2, System Shock 2, Half Life, Counter Strike(must of spent the vast majority of my late teens playing this), AvP2, Commandos, Hidden & Dangerous, Wolfenstien 3D, Call Of duty, Medal Of Honor....... The single player games were really good back then, I dont know if it was because I was younger but games seemed to have alot more atmosphere and be more involving, I hope the new Deus Ex is a return to that.

Last edited:
Same exact history of gaming as me.
Atari, Commodore, amiga then the PC highlights Dues Ex, Half Life, System Shock 2 and all the other games you mentioned yes.

I enjoyed the second Dues Ex but the fact i can only bits and pieces tells a story. Where as i can remember every tiny detail of Dues ex.

Then consoles got better and i always blame Halo for the collapse of RPG elements in FPS for what it did for Online Multiplayer it killed immersive Single player and went back to hidden enemy switches and basic weapons no upgrades or character stats etc.

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are probably the best games that go back to that decade of brilliance

I'm still on the fence about this... I love the idea of the story etc and it all SOUNDS great, but when I watch gameplay I'm honestly not that impressed... this is coming from someone that never played the first Deus Ex btw, so I'm not sure what to expect.

I never played the earlier games for some reason. Regret that now. Not sure if it will give a good impression playing them now, so many years later. These early 3D games looks so horrible. Love playing old 2D games, but early 3D, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom