Deus Ex 3 Human Revolution

I'll buy this when it comes down in price. I can't fathom spending £30 for this kind of game on steam.

/being a student

This games got 30hrs gaming plus re playability....THough maybe lack off onine cuts long term hours down.

But 25-30 quid for 30hrs is ok.

Can I ask what you mean by "this kind of game?"

P.S. It appears I'm following you around Evo-Web!

Well i'm not the type to revisit single player games too often as i know some people do. Maybe a couple of years later i will replay them if i enjoyed them first time round. The last time i played a single player game again was fallout 3, which was about a year and a half after i originally completed it. Nothing about the quality of the game whatsoever. Deus Ex looks great but i personally think that despite my large interest in the game, the aforementioned factors means that i will not spend £30 on the game. I'd rather not pirate it though i see that as an option for some. If i had a job or some form of relative income then it'd be a different story.

Yeah i'm a cheap skate i guess. I usually only buy games on steam when they're on sale and most console games i play through my lovefilm rental service. I'm not that desperate to buy games as soon as they come out like some people seem to be though i'm sure it'll still be a great 25 hour experience whenever i do get around to playing it and i'm not saying the game isn't good enough.

Last edited:
The Detroit map was pretty small and underwhelming

However, now im in Shanghai this is pretty big and cool.

Liking it so far.

NO idea what MOntreal is like will soon see

Bought for £36.99... played it, loved it, finished it... traded it in today at gamestation and got £36!

Still it took me about 24 hours of gametime to complete it. If I'd done every side mission and the secret side missions that would have risen to 30+. Not that I missed any intentionally, I just waded through the story and hit the side missions if I happened to be near enough or tooled up enough to attempt them.

I'll just borrow my brothers copy when he's done with it when I want to replay it.

I thought it was a bit pointless upgrading your Augmentations to include more batteries, as once you run down to one, you can't recharge the others automatically. However, it's not that pointless thinking about it. You can get certain nutrient packs or jars that recover all the energy cells and sometimes you need them. For example, if you only had 1 energy cell (battery), the Cloaking period would be very short. However, having 4 or 5 you can remain under stealth for a much longer period. Ok, I agree it's very odd that once you lose a cell you can't recharge it and are left with only 1 in the end, but having a few more cells is certainly worthwhile.

The last level boss could be made much simple using the Cloaking Augmentation and having 4 or 5 battery cells :

Simply cloak yourself and then hack the console to turn off the life support for the pods. If you've enough Nuke's and Stop Worms you can do this very easily, all while your battery cells run down. Trying this with 1 cell would be pointless, as the cloaking would run out and you'd get fried.

I'm still on my second playthrough. Close to meeting the third boss again. I'm on hardest difficulty and going for stealth and Pacifist Achievements. I think I have 44 of the 49 available. I know for a fact I won't get the Doctorate Achievement so not fussed about that (reading all 29 ebooks within the game. I tried my best on my first playthrough but didn't manage it, so I'm not going through it all again to find them after this run, as I'm only doing the main missions this time around, making things much quicker to get to the end).

I've now completed all the side quests and got all the relevant Achievements for them all, including the Secret Achievements. I have 3 left which I will hopefully get right at the end of the game - Foxiest of the Hounds (no alarms), Pacifist (no deaths excluding bosses) and finishing on the hardest difficulty. What's left after that I'll have to check.

As for the game itself, really enjoying it still, even on the second playthrough. It's a lot more difficult, that's for certain. I've saved so many times and reloaded due to f*** up's or being caught out by camera's or hostiles. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end. I've killed the two bosses so far using Typhoon, as Pacifist Achievement doesn't include the bosses. Typhoon really does make short work of them, though, especially on full power. Another reason for having more than 1 energy cell available, as it uses up an entire cell charge for each use. So having 4 cells and 4 Typhoon ammo means you can fire off 4 rounds consecutively rather than having to wait.

Hoping to finish this off by Friday in time for Fifa 12 and the BF3 beta, so I can trade it in. Doubt I'll play it again. Has been a fantastic game though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yeah that bettery thing confused me at first. I expected to be able to recharge the extra batteries but it never. I guess it would have made the nutrient bars useless if they recharged but then.... that could have been your choice. Spend augs on those recharging and miss out on other abilities... OR make do with the nutrient bars and spend the augs on something else.

The last boss....
I whipped out my laser rifle and blasted the woman through her shield and she died super fast. I was trying to hack the terminals and destroy the robots and do it that way but kept dying. Eventually i killed everything and hacked all the terminals and then was left with an icon on the woman and an icon on a button that wouldn't let me press it... so i tried reloaded thinking id screwed up and the same happened... reloaded again and just blasted the bitch out of frustration and she dropped.

I've just been playing through it recently and got into it, had it since it was out but only been playing it properly the past week or two.

I have finished what seems to to be the second boss (the woman) not too sure how long I have left, but aiming to have it done by Friday to trade in haha. Wonder how much will get off.

But yeah the battery thing is a bit meh, upgrade your battery to then just recharge and re-use the same one for everything. But comes in handy if you need to take out people on the fly having stocked up.

Anyone know how many upgrades each gun have?

I guess I will need to get the Typhoon aug, haven't got it yet haha. But you lot seem to think it's good.

I've just been playing through it recently and got into it, had it since it was out but only been playing it properly the past week or two.

I have finished what seems to to be the second boss (the woman) not too sure how long I have left, but aiming to have it done by Friday to trade in haha. Wonder how much will get off.

But yeah the battery thing is a bit meh, upgrade your battery to then just recharge and re-use the same one for everything. But comes in handy if you need to take out people on the fly having stocked up.

Anyone know how many upgrades each gun have?

I guess I will need to get the Typhoon aug, haven't got it yet haha. But you lot seem to think it's good.

You're probably about halfway through. The last half is a right pain in the arse if you're on the hardest difficulty and going for stealth with no kills. I've just beat the 3rd boss on my second playthrough and I'm close to the end now, IIRC.

Unsure about upgrades for guns, but the Tranq rifle is the quickest and easiest to fully upgrade for the Achievement. I think it's 3 or 4 reload upgrades and the tracing upgrade.

Finished my second playthrough last night, and was left very disappointed.

I got the 100G for completing on the hardest difficulty, but didn't get the Pacifist or Foxiest of the Hounds Achievements, even though I didn't kill a single person (other than bosses) or set off any alarms.

I R Disappoint. Ended with 44 of 49 Achievements.

I loaded an old save point to get The Throwdown Achievement, but that's it for me and the game now. It was a great experience and fantastic game. But I'm not going through all that again.

Back
Top Bottom