Dead Space 2

Chapter 14. Will probably play through again to complete the Achievements I'm missing, too. Also opens up more suit unlocks etc.

Not "as good" as the first one but definately a great game.
I tried to play online but nobody is playing :D.
Time for playthrough number 2.

On my second playthrough now. Chapter 10. Going for all the Achievements (except finishing on Hardcore and that other mental setting). Got 82% of them so far.

It's great you can take your built up character through to the next playthroughs with all their weapons etc. Makes it easier upgrading them, but then pushes you that bit more to complete it at least 3 times, as that's what it may take to get enough deaths or stomps for the full Achievement list.

Things I need now are firing a necromorph 17m and pinning him to a wall, having 4 upgraded weapons at the same time (this one could take a while - I currently have fully upgraded Stasis, Rig and Line Gun. Need another 3 weapons fully noded out!), Finishing on zealot and hardcore difficulty settings, Decompress 20 Necromorphs without getting sucked out yourself, Kill 30 Necromorphs with Kinesis objects and Kill 30 Crawlers without detonating them.

Fecking hard to get a hold of the 1st one.

I grudge paying £20 for PS3 version (only saw one in HMV, when I can just get the PC version for £5 new from Game.

I can't find any in the stores, even pre-owned.

FD

Grainger Games had it for £11 too.

And then there's eBay and the likes of AVForums too.

I'm done with this now. 2 and a half playthroughs have got me every Achievement bar 2 (complete on Hardcore and Zealot difficulty). Not bothering with those so back on BC2 now.

Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Great game.

Completed my Zealot playthough. The final boss was a pain with only the plasma cutter. It would have been a lot easier with the contact beam.

I think I can reach chapters 8-9 without dying. I'm more afraid of mistakes, like being sucked out, or running out of ammo, than being killed. I'm my biggest enemy :).

I would also need to keep the last 2 saves for chapters 14&15 and have a lot of luck.

Got to chapter 6, decided to save the next time I could. Then took an elevator. Then the floor disappeared and Isaac was falling through the map. Then I turned off the xbox :(.

Edit : I'm going to restart my hardcore playthrough. Next week-end because I need a break with the game.
I know it by heart, even where all enemies spawn and how many to expect.

I saved beginning of chapter 13, it's not difficult at all to reach the boss (force gun + stasis running all the way) but I just can't beat it and I don't want to play chapter 13 to 15 over and over and having to watch all cutscenes again.

In order to succeed, I think the best thing to do is saving before the drill (chap 11). Then at chapter 13 (just in case), and the last one just before the boss.

That last save that I need, I've wasted it on chapter 5 and 9. Not necessary.

Last edited:
i want to get it but i think it will turn me into a alcholic cause i can only play the first one when i was pissed other wise it freaked me out way to much can play resident evil 5 fine but dead space just somthing about it that freaks me out :P

I've suceeded the limited save playthrough, first time I've tried this type of challenge in a game and I must say this is the last time :P. It sucked all my attention for a week, even at work !

Not "as good" as the first one but definately a great game.

It's definately a better game than Dead Space.
I've played it 5 times and I'm not even bored yet.
GIVE ME DEAD SPACE 3 !

Saw it in Gamestation today for £7.99.

Try Gamestation or CEX.

Not used CEX, usually just try and get into a shop and grab games, but Game and Gamestation are ripping the arse out of pre-owned, it costs £14.99 for a PO Dead Space.

Rip-off bastards.

FD

Back
Top Bottom