Dead Rising 2

Where exactly is it in the Marketplace then? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: Nevermind, got it through the website instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played this quite a bit last night and was enjoying making weapons and testing out everything i could to kill em all. The Broadsword i stumbled upon was easily the best, especially when you hold down X and it cuts them straight down the middle :LOL:

How do i get into the hunting store anyway? i tried getting on the roof but the jump to the awning from the opposite building is to far away

It this just a part of the full game then? basically a demo we have to pay for?

You can only use it once though which is shite

I like the IED which is a propane tank and nails and the best combo for me is the battery and rake

The spirit as DR is present, not bad at all. I already like Chuck. I manage to save everybody, can't wait for the full game.

Case: West, Blue Castle acquired

More than 500,000 units of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero have now been sold, Inafune said. The prequel sold more than 300,000 units in its first week on sale at the beginning of September.

The conference’s first major piece of new was that Dead Rising 2 will also get an epilogue in Dead Rising 2: Case West, obviously involving Frank West from the first game.

Both West and Dead Rising 2’s Chuck will appear in the game, which, as with Case Zero, will be a 360 exclusive.

Inafune then said that Capcom has purchased Canadian Dead Rising 2 developer, Blue Castle. The studio’s to be renamed Capcom Games Studio Vancouver.

Mines still processing :(

Fingers crossed for tomorrow - but it's looking like Thursday at the earliest for me now.

Shopto with a free t shirt, so I'm guessing the same place?
-

I've hardly read anything on this game other than the basics. Other than the SP story what else is there to do?

co op? competitive? survival mode? (this game is crying out for a wave style survival mode)

Very irritating not being able to run in this game. Other than that, pretty much what I expected. A lot of fun though.

So what exactly is different to the first one, besides the story and combining weapons? The save system is the same, there's still the time limits, the levels are pretty much the same ... it's just the same game.

Oh, and there's FAR too many load screens, completely ruins any atmosphere and tension. Finding it quite boring so far.

You've pretty much summed the game up there Dags. Basically it's the first game but bigger and with more things. But still the same format.

Loading pisses me off when some slow survivour fails to head through the doors with me and the rest so you have to go back through to get them and then back again.

The mini bosses are a pain in the bum too - the first 2 bosses I ran into were basically impossible to defeat. I just avoided the other obvious mini boss until the counter went down.

-

I like the online side. Pretty cool how the commentary works with what you're doing. But its shallow stuff and it REALLY needed a wave survival mode.

I hate the boss battles. I've not managed to kill a single one of them so far. By boss battle I mean psychopaths like from the first game... people who snap and are like holding people hostage or just hate you for some silly reason.

They all seem to be super human, super fast, can knock you over with 1 hit, NEVER react to your attacks (like if you shoot them with a gun they keep running at you like it was nothing) and can take a frigging beating with every weapon you have hod of and still have over half energy bar ... and then some of them can heal themselves in ways so its never ending.

I'm thinking it's intentional so you avoid them on your first play and only take them on on a 2nd or 3rd play when you're levelled up enough.

I've killed 5 so far and I think they receive more damages if you create your combo weapon from the closest maintenance room. It lay be wrong, but that work twice for me when I was struggling.
Hit them twice with your combo weapon, flee and repeat. It also help having survivors with you equipped with good weapons.

Back
Top Bottom