Dead Rising 2

Cool.

Even though I've completed the first game in the past I tried playing the game through again and did quite a lot of missions. However, I gave up in the end due to the shitty save system and awful shooting mechanics (left being the stick you aim with - when we're all used to using the right stick, and when you press RT to aim it can start anywhere. So in the heat of the moment it take an AGE to set up the shot, by which time you're dead or being eaten). I am hoping the second has auto-save or pause and save, as this game desperately needs it.

Cool.

Even though I've completed the first game in the past I tried playing the game through again and did quite a lot of missions. However, I gave up in the end due to the shitty save system and awful shooting mechanics (left being the stick you aim with - when we're all used to using the right stick, and when you press RT to aim it can start anywhere. So in the heat of the moment it take an AGE to set up the shot, by which time you're dead or being eaten). I am hoping the second has auto-save or pause and save, as this game desperately needs it.

I'm playing it again too and sometime all that stuff really pisses you off.

It'll be easier to do this time though, seeing you can use USB sticks as a memory card.

I hope you can use multiple slots and not save over the same one again and again.

"This summer's Dead Rising 2, set in a city based on Las Vegas, will let players save their progress in multiple save slots..."
Here: http://kotaku.com/5572295/dead-rising-2-creator-will-make-your-life-a-little-easier

Yep, multiple slots have been confirmed :D. At least now we can start from different points in the game rather than having to start all over again.

Didn't play the first one other than at a friend's house. Didn't use the guns, just the melee stuff and didn't do any missions. Just random killing :LOL:

Was good fun though, might have to get this one.

Just pre-ordered it, but will cancel if the DL game doesnt give me a good vibe, happy enough to spend 400 points on that, and try the game for real.

Capcom said today that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, the 360-only prequel to Dead Rising 2, has been pushed back from its intended August 31 release.

In an official statement, Capcom’s Japanese headquarters has said the game has slipped because “elements were discovered in the trial version that are not appropriate for a free demo,” according to Kotaku, relaying a Famitsu report.

We’re not quite sure what’s going on here. For a start, Case Zero isn’t free; it costs 400MSP. It was supposed to hit the US tomorrow and Europe on September 3.

The publisher not explicitly said what exactly needs to be corrected, and no new release date has been given.

It’s a Bank Holiday in the UK today, but a statement will no doubt come out of the US later on.

Fuckers.

You can always just sit back and laugh as Jonney runs into a huge number of zombies and is then torn limb from limb while he screams for you to help.

Capcom said today that Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, the 360-only prequel to Dead Rising 2, has been pushed back from its intended August 31 release.

In an official statement, Capcom’s Japanese headquarters has said the game has slipped because “elements were discovered in the trial version that are not appropriate for a free demo,” according to Kotaku, relaying a Famitsu report.

We’re not quite sure what’s going on here. For a start, Case Zero isn’t free; it costs 400MSP. It was supposed to hit the US tomorrow and Europe on September 3.

The publisher not explicitly said what exactly needs to be corrected, and no new release date has been given.

It’s a Bank Holiday in the UK today, but a statement will no doubt come out of the US later on.

Fuckers.

Extremely unprofessional action, announcement and reasoning, not least because something is wrong there, since when was it a free demo?

Turns out it's only delayed in Japan it seems:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/30/dead-rising-2-case-zero-delayed/

Dead Rising 2's standalone playable prologue, Case Zero, has been delayed in Japan. According to Andriasang, the delay may have been prompted by some inappropriate content presented in the free trial portion of the game (which can be fully unlocked for 400 Microsoft Points). Capcom assured Famitsu that Case Zero's delay would not affect Dead Rising 2's release in the region.

We're currently following up with Capcom in other regions to confirm the status of the title, which is supposed to unleash its brain-munching masses on Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow, August 31.

Update: Capcom USA has confirmed that the English release has not been delayed.

Definitely buying this today, should be a blast on the big projector screen :)

Can you guys please comment on the shooting and general movement of the character. Can you run or is it still one speed? Are the movements as clunky as the first? Can you actually aim without having to scroll full screen to make a shot?

Ta.

Yeah MJ he still runs at the same speed I've just been playing but I don't think the aiming was as bad? you could get the trial and try it.

Back
Top Bottom