Crysis 2

Re: Crysis 2 (XB360/PS3/PC)

There was another thread ages ago, but looks like things have fallen by the wayside.

I may get it, but only when it's cheap. Getting a little sick of FPS games and it seems a flood of FPS games are coming, what with Crysis 2, Killzone 3, The new GRAW, Bulletstorm, Homefront and F3AR in the next few months. I think I'll wait, the only must have on there for me is Killzone 3.

Well PC gamers have been screwed again, the game will only be DX9 out the box and DX11 will be added at a later date via a patch.

I hate consoles and the way they are destroying PC Gaming.

i've been enjoying the demo thus far, enjoyed myself on this tremondously, first kinda review i found:-

OXM's latest issue includes the first review of upcoming shooter Crysis 2, which the magazine has awarded 9/10.

According to the mag, it was the multiplayer that tipped the balance. It describes the online experience as "some of the most exciting, angry and satisfying action you'll ever have".

The sheer spectacle of the single player campaign also left OXM impressed, and the mag said the game's Nanosuit "is both massively empowering and intelligently balanced by the need to manage its energy levels".

Last edited:
Crysis 2 already leaked on both consoles, but not PC, and yet they say PC market is dead because of piracy!

Erm....It was leaked on the PC over a month ago:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-14-crytek-ea-slam-pc-crysis-2-leak

'Crysis 2 leak doesn't diminish commitment to PC':

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/288959/crysis-2-leak-doesnt-diminish-commitment-to-pc-crytek/

In comparison the PS3/360 releases are only available to download now, 4 days away from its US launch. This is pretty much standard fare for all PS3/360 scene releases as the game is now in the shipping and retail channels ahead of its official launch next week.

The leak for PC was leaked on purpose there was a thousands of gameplay videos on youtube the day the leak game out and made people wet themselves in excitement.

I found the demo pretty average and the graphics were pants compared to the original Crysis.

The leak for PC was leaked on purpose there was a thousands of gameplay videos on youtube the day the leak game out and made people wet themselves in excitement.

I found the demo pretty average and the graphics were pants compared to the original Crysis.

Well wether it was leaked on purpose as you assume or not it doesn't make much of a difference as it still was leaked for thousands of pirates over a month before the game was released.

EA have now pulled the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo due to connection and server issues. From what I did play it wasn't too bad. Graphics were good, but the controls felt funny and the hit detection was slightly off.

Same here. Doesn't offer anything better than other shooters, stealth is pretty pointless, AI isn't great either. Levels are quite open so leaves some different ways to approach the level but generally not great at all.

First one was quite revolutionary in a way in how its technology handled the forest and such, but turning it into a linear corridor shooter for the sequel is really lame IMO.

Getting some decent reviews. Averaging around 90% and the single player campaign is apparently great.

Hmm, to buy or not? Might trade in a few games.

Not to buy.

The AI is awful at times. You can shoot someone and 10 yards away, there's another soldier who doesn't seem to notice the sound of gunfire so close and just plods around. Other times, someone will spot you and the whole level knows where you other. And then at times you can shoot someone and make them stumble to the ground... where they get back up and carry on walking as if nothing happened.

I'd give it a rent first to be honest. It's not a bad game at all, but it's not great either. KZ3 is far, far better though.

The problem is I don't trust reviews anymore at all.

But reading forums with regards to the game it is severly bugged and dosnt feel finished.

As alot of people have been saying hold back a while and wait for it to appear 2nd hand for £10 or wait for the steam sale.

The game also suffers from very poor AI even worse on the console versions and it is very confined, but then these are general observations from people who played the original Crysis.
It is just your average console shooter with the best graphics you are ever likely to see on a console.

The reviews say that the bugs don't appear very often, but the rest of the SP game is pretty spectacular. If one review said it, maybe I'd be sceptical, but everyone across the board seems to rate this very highly. I'd be surprised if it's no better than Killzone 3. I really enjoyed KZ, but it was by no means amazing. Just another generic shooter with amazing graphics, so I'm gonna go ahead and get Crysis 2 on the 360. If anything I'm a sucker for a pretty game and this is apparently the best looking console game ever made.

Fao Dags, not for me to say, but in case your opinion is based on the leaked version (seeing as the game is only out today), that version is unfinished and VERY buggy. Lots of things have been ironed out for the final release. Just sayin' like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom