Confederations Cup 2013

Not sure about Italy, watched only part of the match but they didn't convinced me offensively

You need to watch the whole match then :) They played a style I have never seen before. Maybe , they played like that to mirror Mexico`s style. Mexico is so deadly on the wings, and Italy seem to roadblock the outside lanes :SHOCK: fullbacks,and wingers were blocked . Gio was able to get into the wings and his job was to be in the box.

I`ve seen Mexico play more then I would like too, They`re the best NT in the Concacaf hands down. Italy exposed them in such a way they may need to burn their blueprint.:P Italy weakness might be Mario didn`t have his shooting boots on. He had more chances then Solado :LOL:

What score is this nigeria tahiti game going to be, hopefully FIFA have told all the teams that play tahiti to go easy on them

Tahiti is gonna get shitted on from erryone they face in this tourney, Spain will for sure get in the double figures vs them.

Check the stats, robbie nearly has double the goals

I look at the stats and I see:

Robbie Keane 59 goals in 127 appearances, a ratio of 0.46

Robbie Keane (at 25 years old) 25 goals in 64 appearances, a ratio of 0.39.

Javier Hernandez 33 goals in 51 appearances, a ratio 0.64

I say Hernandez is a better striker :P so much so I would be willing to bet on him finishing his career with more NT goals than Robbie ;)

Last edited:
I look at the stats and I see:

Robbie Keane 59 goals in 127 appearances, a ratio of 0.46

Robbie Keane (at 25 years old) 25 goals in 64 appearances, a ratio of 0.39.

Javier Hernandez 33 goals in 51 appearances, a ratio 0.64

I say Hernandez is a better striker :P so much so I would be willing to bet on him finishing his career with more NT goals than Robbie ;)

Id probaby score that amount of goals if i was playing in the concacaf section too! Back to tonights game nigeria have been really bad, they should be 6 up but are sloppy in their play, fair play to tahiti for not parking the bus, like the look of their holland 74 offside trap too

I'd probaby score that amount of goals if i was playing in the concacaf section too!...

Now this is straight out bullshit, like most of Keane's goals aren't against small team such as Malta, Kazakhstan and the Faroe Islands. This is a retard logic just because you don't watch those team or haven't heard of any of those players doesn't mean they're less quality.

I wouldn't let ratio and stats ruin your belief in whose better. Both are good players for their NT :LOL: watching a player perform and seeing stats is misleading .

Congratulations team of Tahiti, though they were defeated yesterday, but they have fulfilled its main task - they scored, well done guys! Just a pity that so many missed out. :P

The first half of Spain vs uruguay was one of the best in terms of skills and tactics I've seen in a long time by a national team. It shows that some of the key players have had 3 weeks to rest and get a bit fit after another hard and crushing season.

I didn't find Italy that good, actually. They played a decent match, but there were many times in which the team broke in the middle and Mexico found lots of spaces. Against a big team, this could cost them dearly. The project looks good at long term, though, and that's the important thing!

yep, i also wasn't particularly impressed by italy. i'm not saying we were bad (especially in the 1st half), but i don't think we were that good either. i also believe mexico made us look better than we really were (i was massively disappointed by mexico, i gotta say... i was expecting much more from them).

i'm not overly fond of this formation. however i learned yesterday that apparently neither is prandelli. they said on tv that he went for this xmas tree formation because he was very worried about our midfielders form. both de rossi and marchisio didn't end the season in the best form (at all) and pirlo too hasn't been on his usual standards this season (although a poor pirlo can still produce some magic, as we saw sunday)... so prandelli decided to crowd our midfield, in order put de rossi and marchisio at ease (although one might argue that lining marchisio up as an inside forward certainly didn't help the poor guy).

the thing is our real strenght is our midfield, so when those 3 lads (pirlo, de rossi and marchisio) aren't on form, things get tricky for us.
our defense is very good (nothing more than that..... although i don't see many "great defenses" out there) and our attack is still something "in progress" (balotelli, destro and insigne are 22 years old and el sharawi is 20... perhaps in 4 years this will be a world class attack, but right now they're still nothing more than extremely promising youngsters), so at the moment we heavily rely on our midfielders to deliver.

Why didn't el Shaarawy play? Poor form?

(balotelli, destro and insigne are 22 years old and el sharawi is 20... perhaps in 4 years this will be a world class attack, but right now they're still nothing more than extremely promising youngsters)
He impressed me in EURO U21, he's a gem. I hope he and Stephan can play together (they both play on the left actually) because they are great.

El Sharaawy is going through a little bit of burn out IMO. He has played almost every game with Milan and looks to be a bit worn out. I think the kid is a bit tired and lost a bit of form, plus has an uncertain future, so Prandelli opted for someone like Giaccherini (who I thought was actually not bad against Mexico).

Spain has won the last 2 Eurocups in senior, under 21 and under 19. And a world cup. That's why some people may find it boring... By the way, Thiago will leave Barcelona this summer, probably, and I would get angry. He would be a starting eleven player for any national team in the Confederations Cup.

Spain has won the last 2 Eurocups in senior, under 21 and under 19. And a world cup. That's why some people may find it boring... By the way, Thiago will leave Barcelona this summer, probably, and I would get angry. He would be a starting eleven player for any national team in the Confederations Cup.

I certainly wouldn't mind if, somehow, Thiago ends up at Madrid alongside the likes of Isco and Illaramendi (very impressed with this kid). :SMUG:

it may sound weird but i hope Mexico gets pummeled tomorrow because that would mean a lot of changes in our NT.

the worst possible scenario for us would be getting a win (which seems nearly impossible)

I hope Torrado, Barrera, Chicharito & Rodriguez get ridiculized because they play a big part in the bad performances lately.. and hopefully Carlos Vela will be called again when they sack the crappy manager we have at the moment

I'm so happy Tahiti scored...haha, they seemed to be happier than Nigeria!

So Brazil vs Mexico tonight and Italy vs Japan. I think Brazil should handle Mexico comfortably, and Italy should play well against Japan (even though I want Japan to win, I just don't see it at all).

He impressed me in EURO U21, he's a gem. I hope he and Stephan can play together (they both play on the left actually) because they are great.
u never saw insigne before? he's been fantastic this season with napoli. :))
Milanista said:
El Sharaawy is going through a little bit of burn out IMO. He has played almost every game with Milan and looks to be a bit worn out. I think the kid is a bit tired and lost a bit of form, plus has an uncertain future, so Prandelli opted for someone like Giaccherini (who I thought was actually not bad against Mexico).
i know stephan isn't in good form, and i also can't really blame giaccherini (cerci and diamanti would be better options imo, but the guy really tries hard, so u can only admire his commitment).......however we really need 2 forwards.
we had a gazillion chances and crosses against mexico and we wasted most of em because there was no one in the box. balotelli had to deal with the entire defensive line on his own, so he had to drag them away from the box. he had to run and prance like a little scamp for the entire game, in order to find some space. it was exhausting and absolutely unefficient, as he almost didn't convert any scoring chance he had; let's remember that we only scored from a free kick (1st goal) and thanks to a major fuck up by mexican defenders (the 2nd goal).

i really don't like this formation. balotelli has to work his ass off for nothing and he's completely worn out by the end of the game.....it takes us 10 scoring chances to score 1 goal; that might be ok as long as we're playing versus an inferior team, but we won't get as many chances against teams on our same level (or superior to us).

anyway i just found out the italy game is gonna be at midnight (italian time)... great... that means i'll have to record it and i won't be able to watch it until tomorrow night (i got a very busy day tomorrow).... and that means i'll have to spend the entire day dodging whatever spoiler may come to me (from colleagues and clients), not to mention i won't be able to buy a newspaper or watch the news on tv.
shit, i already know i'll never make it to tomorrow night without without someone blabbering to me the result :(
Drekkard said:
i watched the final yesterday night (i recorded it). fantastic football and very enjoyable game. i think italy has a very good team, but spain was just on another level.
as for thiago, he did very well yesterday, but i wouldn't give him more credit than he deserved.... despite the hattrick, it wasn't about thiago yesterday... the entire spanish team outclassed italy and there were many players who had as impressive a performance as thiago (like montoya and llaramendi)..but of course since thiago scored 3 goals in a final, now everyone will start wanking over him..... u gotta love this "next best thing drama"

u never saw insigne before? he's been fantastic this season with napoli. :))
No no mate, I saw him sometimes this season with Napoli, but the fact he played a good EURO is a proof he can become an important player. Until some weeks ago he only had an awesome Serie B season and a good Serie A season, now we have a concrete proof he can be good at international level too ;)

No no mate, I saw him sometimes this season with Napoli, but the fact he played a good EURO is a proof he can become an important player. Until some weeks ago he only had an awesome Serie B season and a good Serie A season, now we have a concrete proof he can be good at international level too ;)

mmmh, to be honest i don't think under 21 competitions offer much of a proof.... for a talented youngster it's easy to prove oneself against his peers. domestic leagues on the other side, offer much more of a challenge, as u have play against mature, fully developed and experienced players.
it's one thing to fool a 20 years old defender... it's another thing entirely to fool a 28 years old world class defender.
then again, it's always fun to watch theese kids playing against each others :))

Well there is good games, great ones, amazing ones, unforgettable ones....and then there is this Italy-Japan match up!

Back
Top Bottom