• USA

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeem

Wonder Boy
15 July 2006
AC Milan
Can't believe there is no discussion thread on the forums. Great games going especially yesterday.

Who do you think will win?

Spain really seem to be dominating the world on both club and national level.

The players seem to give all they got in the NT and are definitely a force to be reckoned with. Torres played an amazing first game. Let's wait and see were it all goes. :) My vote goes for Spain also.

Brazil vs Egypt was a cracker. Shame it ended as it did, with the penalty. Brazil were otherwise humbled. Too complacent i thought.

Oh and Rossi was excellent for Italy, coming on as a sub.

I would have liked if Egypt won, but there defence was way open especially on set pieces. The 4 goals came from set pieces.

Unlike Iraq vs Spain today. Spain had a very hard time against the Iraqi defence, but very very bad offence from Iraq, very boring and slow.

Egypt vs Italy should be very very interesting.

Yeah I'm looking forward to it.

I think Egypt are a really good technical side, especially attacking, it's a shame they never managed to qualify for World Cups.

second half was for italy but it's normal as they were the ones who had to score while egypt only had to keep the score .

second half was for italy but it's normal as they were the ones who had to score while egypt only had to keep the score .

yep. besides it's not like egypt parked the bus in front of their box. they kept playing football even after their goal :)

well deserved win. i hope egypt will get that 2nd spot and reach the next stage... they deserve it more than italy :)

p.s. the whole egyptian community in italy is going nuts today :D

Egyptians were happy when they lost against Brazil :) They should be. Truly 2 class games played.

This must be Al Hadary's(Egyptian GK) luckiest day ever. What a night from him. Montolivo and Iaquinta's shots were a shocker. Hands down one of the best GK performances I have seen EVER!

Eygpt definitely deserve it more than Brazil and Italy.

This was fun though, you can't expect it from anyone else :D

YouTube - egypt vs italy soccer game pants fail

Last edited:
Egypt deserved to win but I hate when they cheated with fake injuries or loss of time...Come on, joga bonito and don't cheat

Man thats football, i don't like it too, im paying for a channel to watch the game not a fake injured guy, but you have to understand that it IS part of the game now. And besides, having a 1-0 margin against the World Cup title owners isn't something you achieve any day, its something that will be historical, for a country such as Egypt of any other team, its al ways a huge achievement that the players are desperate to maintain and be part of.
Congrats to Egypt i saw them in the first half and half of the second and they played like champions, not a slight but of discouragement for playing the World Cup owners.
Any1 saw that right wingback/full back from egypt? Im amased how that guy was able to keep attacking and tracking back for 70 minutes (until i left) he was for me the best of the game, even if not taking part on the goal (me thinks) he always kept a boundary in Grosso. Class player.

Neoexodus said:
Man thats football, i don't like it too, im paying for a channel to watch the game not a fake injured guy, but you have to understand that it IS part of the game now. And besides, having a 1-0 margin against the World Cup title owners isn't something you achieve any day, its something that will be historical, for a country such as Egypt of any other team, its al ways a huge achievement that the players are desperate to maintain and be part of.

yeah, given the circumstances it was understandable. besides everyone uses theese "tricks" so we can't really blame the egyptians.
actually we should compliment them for the attitude they showed once they were one up; even though they were a bit crushed by our pressure, they didn't gave up playing football and tried some (very nice and tidy) counters every time they got the chance.

and i totally agree with u about that fullback (fatih). what an amazing performance! i've never seen grosso having so much troubles in an italy match.... never. definitely man of the match for me. their keeper was great too, but he also had lot of luck :))

and how about that man marking setup! u wouldn't expect such a tactical theme from an african team, but damn, they were absolutely perfect! they even slid the marking assignments every time rossi, quagliarella and iaquinta swapped their positions. just beautiful.
sure it's a bit "old fashioned", but gosh, it was also damn effective!

Last edited:
I can't see anyone but Brazil winning this to be honest.

Spain are deservedly the best team in the world at the minute, but with Kaka on form Brazil are simply unstoppable going forward.

The final should be great to watch for neutrals...well, if you mute the volume that is.

They were monsters in defence and Howard was class.

MOTM is the Sheffield Wed. Dermit he was a beast, USA has no stars but they worked hard. Since we only play weaker teams this was an over the moon result

Well as I said, Brazil will win.

Unless we get an absolutely massive shock that would make tonights events seem completely minor in comparison...

That guy Dempsey is showing some good form, isn't he? Both in Fulham and US. Congrats to the americans.

Tomorrow we will see how Brasil will do against the Bafana Bafanas :)

Back
Top Bottom