Votes: 6 10.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well as I said, Brazil will win.

Unless we get an absolutely massive shock that would make tonights events seem completely minor in comparison...

i voted brasil too.
should've closed the polls before the semis.
looks like a shoe-in now.

Brazil are finally playing some good football under Dunga, it only took him about 3 years to pick the right players and get them to play well together!

incredible!! After eliminating Italy in the first round, the USA eliminated Spain!!
And the most crazy is that 3 weeks ago Costa Rica beat them easily 3-1 in the World Cup qualification!!

Costa Rica will be the next World Champion!!

incredible!! After eliminating Italy in the first round, the USA eliminated Spain!!
And the most crazy is that 3 weeks ago Costa Rica beat them easily 3-1 in the World Cup qualification!!

Costa Rica will be the next World Champion!!

The truth is Brazil kicked Italy out of the competition, not USA. The hammering they gave Egypt and the hammering Brazil gave Italy was the unlikely combination of results needed by the USA.

And now look, they are finalists :)

It seems as though Spain will always choke when it comes to the crunch.

Oh MAN!! That SUCKED!!! Two - zip up and then team Brazil hits out with huge plays in the second half. Team USA nearly had the hands on the trophy. The American Dream nearly came true but was crushed by, of all things, a set play. Great ofense but the d wilted in the second peroid. In the last quarter the team was dead on its legs. In spite of the scoreline the team played well and the star spangled banner will shine proud on the soccer field for ever more!

Yeah I turned on 2 mins before half time and nearly shit my eyes out at thes scoreline. Then I went back out and then turned on about 76 and cursed for missing the comeback but I got to watch Lucio's winner, Brazil probably deserved it but well done to USA for beating Spain and pushing Brazil to the wire.

donovan's goal was the best play of the night.
but in the end they ran out of gas, and the the subs sucked.

Excellent 2nd half by Brazil and great comeback. The ref disallowed a legitimate goal by Kaka, the ball from the header went in like a meter wide... But anyway, the team showed spirit.

Also congratulations to USA, their performance in the 1st half was worth of the greats. Dempsey and Landon Donovan were excellent once again, and I can see them having an impact on next year's WC.

don`t think Brasil plays that eye dropping footy like they use too it`s been a while since they stood out. I remember 03 in Miami when brasil did the same thing scored late to win at the final in the Gold Cup. kaka getting the award just shows the politics in footy Fabian made the difference not kaka.Sepp Blatter Real Madrid`s puppet anyway Brasil had plenty of quality on the bench does Ronnie still play on the squad by chance?

does Ronnie still play on the squad by chance?

No Ronaldinho for now. He has one season now to show he deserves a place in the team. The brazilian press says he must find once again the "joy" of playing football. For me it's just an excuse for players like him and Adriano who just are not committed. The truth is he needs to lose a few pounds and not only train regularly, but put in extra work.

Right now Brazil is better off without Ronaldinho if you ask me.

Also interesting is to see the joy of the brazilian team when scoring, I mean Lucio was almost in tears. Still people say that this is a joke tournament that the top teams don't care about, making it easier for crap teams like USA...

owl-orly.jpg

Lucio and Luis Fabiano deserved the trophy for the most valuable player in my opinion. Kaka was average at best.

Well to win player of the tournament trophy you need to be more than just a great attacker and defender. You need to be out of this world. Cannavaro won it in 2006 because he was really out of this world and Ronaldo in 1998(?) because he was simply Ronaldo.

These awards tend to go to midfielders and second strikers almost all the time and Kaka for me had a great tournament. And from what I saw, he still has it to do great at Madrid.

after watching the confederations cup and now watching Man City in SA...ive got one thing to say....................Bang the fuckin' horns before new yrs world cup....

Sounds like the game is being played in the middle of paris!!!

Any thoughts...

rikki

Reuters/ESPN said:
FIFA give vuvuzela green light for World Cup

Next year's World Cup promises to be a loud affair after FIFA rejected calls to ban the noisy vuvuzela, a plastic trumpet, from the event in South Africa.

The instrument's incessant drone drew protests at last month's Confederations Cup in South Africa, with broadcasters complaining it was drowning out their commentary and some players saying they could not communicate over it.

"That would mean one would have to take away the cow bells from Swiss fans and ban English fans from singing," Hans Klaus, director of communications at world soccer's governing body, told reporters on Friday.

"We approach this in a relaxed manner. I am convinced the vuvuzelas will be a hit at the World Cup. It will be a World Cup with African sound."

After a barrage of complaints about the instrument, a regular fixture at domestic matches in South Africa, FIFA pledged to discuss whether the vuvuzela had a place at the World Cup.

Vuvuzelas, given away free to fans at the Confederations Cup, were a constant background sound in all matches.

Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso was one of the critics at the time.

"I think they should be banned. They make it very difficult for the players to communicate with each other and to concentrate," he said.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=661424&cc=5739

:(

oh fu*k, I misunderstood you post, I already knew this bad news, and after your post I understood "FIFA banned sh*t horns" :( :(

Back
Top Bottom