Concerns regarding PES2022.

Totally Agree.
I think they will release UE5 PES allready for PC as well as on all Next Gen Consoles next year.

Otherwise I will just wait for it - as PES2020 looks pretty nice with all mods and Graphics on highest settings. (My PC is 8 years old - next year i might upgrade it). So I think its just time to cross fingers next year and wait till release informations will be released in 2021.

That's it, patience, as Guns and Roses said...

my personal rough prediction: in 2-5 years we will see a lot of PC users switching to console!
The missus doesn't want me to. 😒
I thought I'd buy my daughter a PS5 for Christmas, but apparently the wife doesn't agree. According to her, she'd still be too little to be interested in a PS5 this Christmas.
By the way, she's expected to join us in the first half of November if you're wondering.

Last edited:
The missus doesn't want me to. 😒
I thought I'd buy a PS5 for muy daughter for Christmas, but apparently the wife doesn't agree. According to her, she'd still be too little to be interested in a PS5 this Christmas.
By the way, she's expected to join us in the first half of November if you're wondering.
1. nice try pal! :D

2. i'm single. no kids. no pets. smoker! ;)

but let me give you one advice: try to find a title on PS5 that your wife will defenitly like! just buy it, install it, have it running when she comes home (controller ready for her, her fav drink already next to the chair, some snacks, all home work done by you...)! ;)
you gotta take her on an adventure... to life and feel the product! just through her in there! she will thank you! :D

if not... see point 2! :LMAO:

Totally Agree.
I think they will release UE5 PES allready for PC as well as on all Next Gen Consoles next year.

Otherwise I will just wait for it - as PES2020 looks pretty nice with all mods and Graphics on highest settings. (My PC is 8 years old - next year i might upgrade it). So I think its just time to cross fingers next year and wait till release informations will be released in 2021.

They’re not going to allow the PC version to overshadow the release of the Next-Gen console version, it’s just not going to happen.

Besides, UE5 is far easier to optimize that Fox Engine. Some people conveniently forget that Fox Engine was optimized FOR CONSOLES, specially, designed by Hideo Kojima to run Metal Gear Solid 5, and not at all to run a football game in PC. If they managed to optimize Fox Engine for PC after Hideo Kojima left Konami, I expect them to be able to optimize an UE 5 PES for PC, since UE 5 is quite UE 4 with some code addition and RTX. And that's quite all. UE 5 is not THAT different from UE 4, and there's many games on UE 4 runnin atm in PC's. If they give the option of turning RTX off, I am pretty sure that the next PES should be able to run in far lower-end PC's that the current ones in Fox Engine, honestly, without having to sacrifice any kind of physics complexity.

You are forgetting something, anyway, that is that even when this is a typical change of generation situation, where games improve graphically speaking and technology gets better, each new generation has less graphical difference and improvement than the former over the previous one. The differences grow narrower with each new generation, and so, old PC's hold better each new generation change. So even when the game has quite complex physics, and even if the new games are made with new generation of consoles and PC's in mind (cause yeah, there's already and in a year will be, enough of new PC users market for the game) towards optimization, I expect my old PC to hold better to new generation games than the previous generation change scenario. I tell already, even if they are optimized for consoles. I expect them to be able to be played in my pc. With the lowest graphics configuration? Sure. But I don't mind. And if it's not the case, who cares, I can actually hold with PES 2020 until I buy a new PC, and eventually, UE PES will come out to PC, even if there's not enough of a market for this year, sooner or later, there will be and UE PES will come into PC cause sooner or later, people will be forced to buy newer graphics and such, cause old ones get out of catalogue, etc., etc.

So, as I stated... I ain't worried at all, I am a patient man, all will come when is time to.

But this is false, cause eventually, people is forced to buy better pieces, cause old ones get out of catalogue. Just think about it like this... Consoles are medium-spec PC's, essentially, which are optimized for gaming. But for the price of a console, a bit more, maybe, you can get a PC WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than a console. And why's that? Simply. Rentability. Companies need to... build a pc, pay money to the workers that build that pc, and get some money over the cost of the pieces and the building. While you can afford that overprice buying that PC yourself. Sure, the companies get some good prices on the pieces since they buy millions of them, but still though, the overprice of each console to make rentability for it, ends up making PC more competent. Besides, we have the advantage of a more flexible market. We are having constant hardware update that makes the previous pieces to go lower on price. And you may say... "but consoles get new version of the console aswell, look XBOX one X and PS4 Pro (or whatever is called)". And I will say, yes, indeed, the difference is that where they get ONE update that makes the console go lower on price, we get several hardware updates, and unlike consoles, graphic cards vary way more on price than consoles.

At the end of the day, PC is still on par with price, more or less. A bit more expensive, maybe, harder to find ballance, but holds up better in time that what you guys think, and way better than old consoles.

And actually, PS4 would be able probably to run next-gen PES with lowered graphics. The reason to not release it in PS4 is not even that PS4 optimization would hold back newer games, but most likely, that people would feel less compeled to buy new generation consoles if the same game launches in the previous gen... And well, ya know, companies NEED SALES. Welcome to capitalism.

MGS V pc port was on par with Ps4. Fox engine was well capable and already optimized on pc. The reason they made old gen port of Pes 15, 16, 17 was so that even older GPUs that only supports Dx9 can run the game.

And yes, people are eventually forced to upgrade. But they take too long and the majority of pc users dont upgrade for first few years. So no matter how bad the consoles are, the pc ports will never be on par with consoles. That's how it is unfortunately,

MGS V pc port was on par with Ps4. Fox engine was well capable and already optimized on pc. The reason they made old gen port of Pes 15, 16, 17 was so that even older GPUs that only supports Dx9 can run the game.

And yes, people are eventually forced to upgrade. But they take too long and the majority of pc users dont upgrade for first few years. So no matter how bad the consoles are, the pc ports will never be on par with consoles. That's how it is unfortunately,
That's how it is... You said it, first years. And just wait for the next Nvidia GPU series release, all GPUs go down on prize and you are able to buy equivalent hardware to PS5 but cheaper or same prize.

You gotta understand something... Consoles take years of development. Even when while design they already have the view on the future, do to the long term design of the whole product (the console itself, the pad, hardware being compatible with os, design of software etc, etc.) by the time the consoles go out in the market they are outdated and you can already have a pc almost same power by the same price, and if it's not the case, you can have it in a year or two. So... PC master race.

That's how it is... You said it, first years. And just wait for the next Nvidia GPU series release, all GPUs go down on prize and you are able to buy equivalent hardware to PS5 but cheaper or same prize.

You gotta understand something... Consoles take years of development. Even when while design they already have the view on the future, do to the long term design of the whole product (the console itself, the pad, hardware being compatible with os, design of software etc, etc.) by the time the consoles go out in the market they are outdated and you can already have a pc almost same power by the same price, and if it's not the case, you can have it in a year or two. So... PC master race.

So pes 22 pc port will suck. So I will skip it. End of the story.

So pes 22 pc port will suck. So I will skip it. End of the story.
Maybe... We gotta see how they make it work. I make you remember that UE 5 runs better in PC than in PS5. Is quite probable that it doesn't suck in a medium-end pc. But if you got a low-end pc... Well, don't expect to play it in ultra full hd, etc, cause ain't happening boy.

Basically, the decision is, probably, between upgrading pc or buying a console. And I know quite much what I preffer. For 600 bucks I can have a quite better PC than what I have now, moreover in a year.

Some people conveniently forget that Fox Engine was optimized FOR CONSOLES, specially, designed by Hideo Kojima to run Metal Gear Solid 5, and not at all to run a football game in PC. If they managed to optimize Fox Engine for PC after Hideo Kojima left Konami, I expect them to be able to optimize an UE 5 PES for PC, since UE 5 is quite UE 4 with some code addition and RTX.
No, Metal Gear Solid V had an excellent PC port on release day. It performed much better than all of the Fox Engine PES games on PC.

I don't want to enter in your debate but MGSV was an hell of a port indeed.

I'm shivering at the thought of them milking an hypothetical MGS 6 with something MGS survivoresque.. sorry for the OT

Maybe... We gotta see how they make it work. I make you remember that UE 5 runs better in PC than in PS5. Is quite probable that it doesn't suck in a medium-end pc. But if you got a low-end pc... Well, don't expect to play it in ultra full hd, etc, cause ain't happening boy.

Basically, the decision is, probably, between upgrading pc or buying a console. And I know quite much what I preffer. For 600 bucks I can have a quite better PC than what I have now, moreover in a year.

So was Fox Engine. Fox Engine pc games ran a lot better than the consoles.

MGS V pc port ran butter smooth.

I really want PES 2022, the next gene version to be cross platform, but as far as I know Konami, the next gen version will be on PS5 and Xbox Se.X only . PC maybe will get next gen update for PES 2023.

Please oh please God of Games... let PES 2022 come with gameplay tweak knobs, or... better known as Sliders!
I'd trade one of my lungs for that! (I'd trade my soul, but I already did that with someone else...*HINT*👿)

Will sliders fix a broken gameplay? I don't think so. I think Pes right now needs more than just sliders to be the best as once was.

Let's imagine Pes 2020 gameplay with sliders, would sliders make it a great game?

Will sliders be able to tell the AI players that the ball is near and they need to react as quick as possible? That is one of the many things only developers can fix.
Or, can you tweak the number of fouls received with sliders?

I am happy If they manage to solve the following:
- piss poor way of taking penalties
- actually having some injuries
- getting more than a penalty per season
- finally a decent and extended youth system.

The rest I really couldn't care less.

Will sliders fix a broken gameplay? I don't think so. I think Pes right now needs more than just sliders to be the best as once was.

Let's imagine Pes 2020 gameplay with sliders, would sliders make it a great game?

Will sliders be able to tell the AI players that the ball is near and they need to react as quick as possible? That is one of the many things only developers can fix.
Or, can you tweak the number of fouls received with sliders?

No, not fix a broken game but certainly help improve it.
And it's not broken, if it's anything from decent to great, then you can make it a hell of a lot better.

I never understood how people can be against sliders. It's beyond me.

And it's not broken, if it's anything from decent to great, then you can make it a hell of a lot better.

I'm not against sliders, they are one more option and that's great, but i am always been quite skeptic about sliders being really effective outside a few tweaks. I think with sliders you can improve around 10% of gameplay but the other 90% is all up to developers.

I'm only against sliders for PES because i think trying to implement them will break more than it fixes. Conceptually, sliders are great.

On PES if I switch to manual, players have no idea where the ball is half the time and react horribly. They have been in no position to try and add sliders at any point since PS2 I don't think.

Until the base is solid and new iterations are refinement and additions only then I'd welcome sliders. Until then, they need to concentrate on fixing glaring issues.

Also PLEASE konami, use unreal to make realistic looking goalkeepers. I beg.

I'm only against sliders for PES because i think trying to implement them will break more than it fixes. Conceptually, sliders are great.

On PES if I switch to manual, players have no idea where the ball is half the time and react horribly. They have been in no position to try and add sliders at any point since PS2 I don't think.

Until the base is solid and new iterations are refinement and additions only then I'd welcome sliders. Until then, they need to concentrate on fixing glaring issues.

Also PLEASE konami, use unreal to make realistic looking goalkeepers. I beg.

It's now or never.
Either they implement them from the get-go for PES 2022, since it'll be a clean slate, fresh start, new code. Or it will never happen!
Developing a feature like that on an ongoing yearly release product is a lot harder than doing it when you're just getting started with it.

Not really, FIFA added sliders in FIFA 12 when 07-11 in a new engine didn't include them. All sliders are is allowing manual adjustments to gameplay variables from within the game. Those variables are going to be somewhere in other files or the .exe so it's always possible for them to open them up later in the same way FIFA did last-gen.

I said it is a lot harder, not impossible!
For the 5 guys working at Konami/PES, it would be close to impossible though :BLEH:

We should change the name of the thread to eFootball PES 2022 Discussion Thread lol:LMAO:

Not really, FIFA added sliders in FIFA 12 when 07-11 in a new engine didn't include them. All sliders are is allowing manual adjustments to gameplay variables from within the game. Those variables are going to be somewhere in other files or the .exe so it's always possible for them to open them up later in the same way FIFA did last-gen.
I don't think is possible with actual exe. They have to rethink the game by scratch. Actual exe is a mess, it's a continuous re-elaboration of the game since pes 13. Every year Konami add and remove something inside exe so now all variables are spread everywhere.

I don't think is possible with actual exe. They have to rethink the game by scratch. Actual exe is a mess, it's a continuous re-elaboration of the game since pes 13. Every year Konami add and remove something inside exe so now all variables are spread everywhere.
I agree, I was just pointing out that it's not necessarily "now or never" for sliders in PES 2022 in terms of being able to implement them in 2023 and beyond - for us trying to reverse engineer the .exe it can be almost impossible, but if Konami really wanted to have sliders available in the game at some point in the future then it shouldn't be too hard.

To me it seems the reason we haven't seen them in PES yet is more likely to be a deliberate design decision or them simply not putting any effort into single player related content. ML/BAL have been neglected with no significant improvements all generation so sliders just seem to fit into that same category.

Im sooo hyped for 2022, I really have faith in Konami, they have improved my life so much already, Thanks for being here for us and having honour unlike a certain money grabbing company cough cough EA

It's now or never.
Either they implement them from the get-go for PES 2022, since it'll be a clean slate, fresh start, new code. Or it will never happen!
Developing a feature like that on an ongoing yearly release product is a lot harder than doing it when you're just getting started with it.

Not if they build the framework with sliders in mind. If you develop to a long term strategy, nothing should be a surprise or overly difficult. If they don't consider it at design stage then yes, it'll be extremely difficult.

I expect 2 years after console releases then we would have pc configs just a little bit more expensive than console but more powerful. Not this year or even next year, it is an expensive year for pc gaming.

Naturally, only pes on pc that you can have much better mods.

Back
Top Bottom