Concerns regarding PES2022.

Paynekiller

Premiership
14 June 2015
This tweet clearly neglects to mention next years PES coming to PC. What does this mean for pes PC gamers?Screenshot_20200718_160349.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be ok if graphics were worse but gameplay was on par (assuming they will do a good job on 2022, which I'm all but sure of).

If it's a legacy edition aka Pes 2020 with 22 roster, they can keep it of course.

I hope I don't regret saying this but I think UE5 will be a huge step forward for the game if they bring it to pc and allow the community to mod the game and give'em facilities to do so.

It means just like last time the pc port will have inferior graphics for 3-5 years.

So I'm not buying them again as usual.

I have to agree with you @Sami 1999 . I feel if a Pes2022 is even happening on pc it will somehow remain a current gen fox engine game. This will probably mean that not only will it not be visually on par with Next gen version but it will likely be missing key gameplay elements unique to the unreal engine version.

I have to agree with you @Sami 1999 . I feel if a Pes2022 is even happening on pc it will somehow remain a current gen fox engine game. This will probably mean that not only will it not be visually on par with Next gen version but it will likely be missing key gameplay elements unique to the unreal engine version.
I doubt that pretty much. Would mean double work and I don't think they want to lose PC community. IMHO PC community is what holds pc alive, and unless they want to kill the franchise, they should develop PES 2022 in UE for PC aswell.

I mean... they have to years, no rush, they should be able enough to optimize the game for PC, besides, most of the games nowadays in UE are developed for PC's and then ported to consoles and optimized for consoles, but the first buildings of gameplay and such, are tested on pc's.

So I expect 2022 to come in PC and Unreal Engine based.

Good catch, something indeed to be worried about for PC fans. Lets hope its not a PES2020 season update for PC owners for a few years...

Trust me, they will go forward with UE for PC. And if they don't, you don't have to buy the new update seasons for PES 2020 in PC. There are plenty of LEGIT AND LEGAL mods that already do that, so you can apply one of those to your LEGAL PES 2020, and will be essentially the same than buying PES 2021, or any other update.

And they probably are aware of this and that they are going to loose a big market if they don't give UE for PC players. We have the power of mods, and is a power to be feared if they just stay with the same entry on and again. And we've got hamachi and other cool things if they end up closing the servers. So they are FORCED to give us UE5 if they want us to buy something. Is just up to them, I am actually not worried, because UE not coming to PC means all the modders staying working and focused on making PES 2020 better, that I already have, and eventually upgrading the playability to levels we don't even imagine for PES. In fact, the only reason for me to want UE port, is that actually, modding and such is quite easier in UE than in a such closed engine as Fox Engine is, but actually having quite the experience we have with Fox Engine, for me is not as much of a drama as it would be for Konami, let's be serious here. They've got more to loose from not porting UE to PC that the PC community itself.

Don't worry, it will arrive or either, our comprehension over Fox Engine will get better and eventually will do better games than the actual PES itself.

Personally, I would not buy PES 2022 if it does does not use the Unreal Engine for PC.
Everyone knows that a PC (if up to date in terms of GPU) can easily beat a console, in terms of FPS and quality.
I loved PES 2017's gameplay, but sadly it ended there. The graphics were abysmal compared to PS4 and Xbox, which at that time looked better. It pained me to see that even when I was running a GTX 1660, I could not get those graphics because Konami were too lazy to do a proper pc port and gave us a game which looked like PES 2016 on PC only with gameplay elements of the latest game.
I am confident that they wont repeat this again because unlike PES 2017, the game will be running a completely different engine and taking elements from PES 2020 for a half baked Fox Engine port would be too much work, something which would have crossed Konami at some point. *Hopefully*
The only thing which holds PC users back are CONSOLES because we can get faster load times (with SSD, M.2)
and better Graphics capabilities depending on how advanced our GPU is, Liquid cooling, Better Memory with Advanced Motherboards. You name it, it is there.
PC's were being held back by PS4 and Xbox X, not the other way around, Konami should think about that.
I am not telling them to completely ignore some low end PC Users as the PC is the only platform where the Graphics Settings can be altered and this is precisely done so that Users can run the game smoothly on their system, may they be low end or high end.
This is my explanation for the line "Rebuilt from the ground up for Next Gen consoles".
I would not read too much into that, but you never know, Konami is known for its suprises, in a bad way.

I doubt that pretty much. Would mean double work and I don't think they want to lose PC community. IMHO PC community is what holds pc alive, and unless they want to kill the franchise, they should develop PES 2022 in UE for PC aswell.

I mean... they have to years, no rush, they should be able enough to optimize the game for PC, besides, most of the games nowadays in UE are developed for PC's and then ported to consoles and optimized for consoles, but the first buildings of gameplay and such, are tested on pc's.

So I expect 2022 to come in PC and Unreal Engine based.
Trust me, they will go forward with UE for PC. And if they don't, you don't have to buy the new update seasons for PES 2020 in PC. There are plenty of LEGIT AND LEGAL mods that already do that, so you can apply one of those to your LEGAL PES 2020, and will be essentially the same than buying PES 2021, or any other update.

And they probably are aware of this and that they are going to loose a big market if they don't give UE for PC players. We have the power of mods, and is a power to be feared if they just stay with the same entry on and again. And we've got hamachi and other cool things if they end up closing the servers. So they are FORCED to give us UE5 if they want us to buy something. Is just up to them, I am actually not worried, because UE not coming to PC means all the modders staying working and focused on making PES 2020 better, that I already have, and eventually upgrading the playability to levels we don't even imagine for PES. In fact, the only reason for me to want UE port, is that actually, modding and such is quite easier in UE than in a such closed engine as Fox Engine is, but actually having quite the experience we have with Fox Engine, for me is not as much of a drama as it would be for Konami, let's be serious here. They've got more to loose from not porting UE to PC that the PC community itself.

Don't worry, it will arrive or either, our comprehension over Fox Engine will get better and eventually will do better games than the actual PES itself.

Boy you'd be waiting for disappointment lol.

Did you forget about PES 15, 16 and 17?

Did you forget about Fifa 2006 world cup, 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 14, 21?

First of all, they don't care about pc sales that much. Second of all, despite some people boycotting inferior ports, majority still buys the trash ports. Also majority of the pc players here care about gameplay only, so they will buy it.

That also means they might give unreal engine with new gameplay but the graphics will still look worse than the consoles and that will be enough to convince people into buying it.

Hamachi is useless cause LAN play has been removed years ago. Parsec is the closest you can get but streaming in parsec isn't ideal but it will kinda work I guess.

Tldr; don't keep too much hope. I'd like a next gen port too but the chances are slim.

We don't know exactly what they mean by their wording of that post so we can only speculate, but I don't think it really means anything. The reason for any significant rebuild/upgrade of a multi-platform franchise like this is always going to rely on the specs of a new console generation and the game will have to be built primarily to support that specification. It wouldn't make much sense to say you are rebuilding it from the ground up for PC, as PCs can vary so much.

I'm on PC but I actually hope PES 2022 will not be designed to run on my computer or even be compatible at all. I want it to be designed to make full usage of the CPU of the latest consoles and by Googling "PS5 equivalent CPU" and the same for Xbox people say that would be something like a Ryzen 7 3700X. If they are truly building from scratch for the next-gen consoles then I hope that means they make the physics/AI/animation etc complex enough to fully utilise that CPU.

How many PC gamers have a CPU comparable to the Ryzen 7 3700X? It's a year old and costs £250+, would enough PES players have a powerful enough rig to make it worth releasing and supporting a version genuinely built for the next-gen specifications?

People say that "consoles hold back PC" and that has been true for most/all of the previous PS4/XB1 generation, but if multi-platform games on next-gen like PES 2022 run well on my computer with a 6 year old CPU (i7 4790k) then it will be the other way around. You might say "graphics settings can be turned down to run on older PCs", but this is not possible if gameplay critical elements like physics and AI require a CPU comparable to the next-gen consoles.

I just hope that they make the best game they can, utilising the full potential of the latest consoles. When the PC gaming market has enough users with suitable hardware willing to buy the game, they will most likely provide that version to us. If it gets to that point and they still don't release that version, then I would be disappointed.

[
Boy you'd be waiting for disappointment lol.

Did you forget about PES 15, 16 and 17?

Did you forget about Fifa 2006 world cup, 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 14,
Exactly!

It wouldn't be the first time Konami or FIFA devs have held back doing a full port for PC. I wouldn't surprised if PES2022 is yet again another Season update for pes2020 just to keep current gen going to maximise sales with minimal effort.

Ok, so my thoughts on what you are saying... First of all, CONSOLES ARE HELDING BACK PC'S. @rojofa UE 5 teaser was running in a PC, not in a PS5. Nuff said. If you are going to compare PS5, compare it to the nowadays PC's, not to the PC's of 5 years back when PS4 entered the market. Besides, NVIDIA is going to pull of their new series of GPU's, meaning, 20 series and 16 series will go down on prize. Meaning anyone with a decent job/ammount of money, etc., will be able to get some good graphic card if he does not already. Btw, do you know what a 1060 6GB can do? I don't have problems with PES2020, graphics everything on high and such at FULL HD (1080p) in a 2k monitor. Goes smoothly around 60 fps. I have 16 GB ram, a 1060 6GB dedicated, and an i3 8350k. SERIOUSLY BOY. Mi pc is a decent gamer PC, but is in not a way, a monster. There's people with brutal PC's out there. And I am playing all on HIGH graphics. In Full HD. To suck all the graphic power of UE 5, sure, I will need to have a monster PC, but to suck all it's physic power, with medium or even low graphics, is more than enough with what I have. In fact, I doubt UE 5 is so much significantly different from UE 4 in terms of physics, UE 5 just has better lightining and such, but physics? Nah boy, each time compatibility with older PC's is more something to have in count, and UE developers are not fools. They can't develop an engine that leaves half the market UNABLE to play their games physically speaking, so no, it won't be the case.

Sure, I won't have dynamic lights, but I should be able to play a UE5 PES if it is optimized well enough. They have a whole year starting right now, and arguably you can say they had half a year more than usual to focus on the game. I would bet they had already in mind PES 2021 as a season pass for PES 2020, and COVID crisis provided the perfect scenario for this and focusing in the next-gen game. And I trully preffer it this way if that means PES 2022 will come to PC in UE.

But... as @Sami 1999 said, there's quite a chance that doesn't happens. Well, is ok. I don't really mind. Cause that means I afford 60 bucks and keep playing my amazingly modded PES2020. Just... we will see how many people buys PES 2021 in PC. Those who do will be just for giving some money to the company to keep the development of PES 2022. But there's clearly a logic here. The reason for PC users to buy PES 2021 is to have UE PES2022. If they make with PES 2022 what they did with PES 2021, many of the PES 2021 buyers (that won't be many) will drop off. And each year that they do delay a UE PC PES, will be a year of PC sales drops and market loss. Why? For the same reason @Sami 1999 said, PC players care about GAMEPLAY FEATURES, and there won't be any advancement as long as they keep doing PES 2020 updates as new games, cause no one wants to pay 35 bucks for a game he already has and that can get up to date with mods. That simply. With FIFA taking most of the players, and PES relying heavily on mods... Trust me, they can't abandon PC community, and if they do, it will be probably the ruin of the franchise, sooner or later, and before that, they will try to port some UE game to PC to revive the saga, etc. So sooner or later, it will come, and I hope is sooner than later, and if they know what's good for the saga, they will do it sooner than later. Maybe not PES 2022, maybe 2023... But honestly, I am ok with affording some money and keep up with Fox Engine on PC for a year, going deeper with Fox Engine modding. There's still a lot to be found about the game, and it can be heavily tweaked, trust me. I am doing some collaboration with a modder that has posted some work in this community and the mod promises to be a blast, so older PES will end up being the own PES competitors in PC if they don't bring back some new gameplay.

TL;DR: PC players care about gameplay features, and a season update does not bring any gameplay features, so... PES is going to be eventually fucked if they don't bring UE 5 (easier to mod) to PC, and the community will stay with older games modded, specially this PES 2020, that modded, is a GREAT game.

I couldn't disagree more with a modded PES 2020 being a "great game". I own it and never want to play it again, but I'm not interested in getting into that discussion.

UE can do very complex physics that can't even be rendered in real time (or barely can on the absolute highest spec machines), but I expect Konami would still need use their own code for most physics rather than UE only, as the engine is not going to come with physics suitable for sports games and the ball flight/swerve/dip/spins or physical contact of players in motion. It's not as simple as saying "UE5 physics are not too complex, it can run on a potato PC". It depends on how much of the potential of the engine they utilise, and how much of their own code they use either instead or in addition. If some random FPS game made in Unreal Engine had a football on the floor and your character could kick it, it's not going to behave in a realistic way suitable for a football game. UE isn't just one set of physics.

You can make everything from mobile games up to near movie-quality CGI in Unreal Engine with wildly different required hardware specifications. It remains to be seen where PES 2022's minimum specs would be as we have no information other than about 5 seconds of Messi in a trailer.

"They can't develop an engine that leaves half the market UNABLE to play their games" - This is potentially the exact thing which could cause consoles to be held back by people with older/less powerful PCs than the next-gen consoles, including people like us with our i7 4790k or i3 8350k. They need to leave us behind and create games utilising the next-gen consoles CPUs to their full potential. If/when enough people upgrade their hardware to match the new consoles, then bring these next-gen games to PC.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree more with a modded PES 2020 being a "great game". I own it and never want to play it again, but I'm not interested in getting into that discussion.

UE can do very complex physics that can't even be rendered in real time (or barely can on the absolute highest spec machines), but I expect Konami would still need use their own code for most physics rather than UE only, as the engine is not going to come with physics suitable for sports games and the ball flight/swerve/dip/spins or physical contact of players in motion. It's not as simple as saying "UE5 physics are not too complex, it can run on a potato PC". It depends on how much of the potential of the engine they utilise, and how much of their own code they use either instead or in addition. If some random FPS game made in Unreal Engine had a football on the floor and your character could kick it, it's not going to behave in a realistic way suitable for a football game. UE isn't just one set of physics.

You can make everything from mobile games up to near movie-quality CGI in Unreal Engine with wildly different required hardware specifications. It remains to be seen where PES 2022's minimum specs would be as we have no information other than about 5 seconds of Messi in a trailer.

"They can't develop an engine that leaves half the market UNABLE to play their games" - This is potentially the exact thing which could cause consoles to be held back by people with older/less powerful PCs than the next-gen consoles, including people like us with our i7 4790k or i3 8350k. They need to leave us behind and create games utilising the next-gen consoles CPUs to their full potential. If/when enough people upgrade their hardware to match the new consoles, then bring these next-gen games to PC.
You didn't understood anything, apparently. Of course the engine can do ultracomplex physics that can barely be reproduced by a modern ultra-spec PC. The key is if they actually need to use all the power of the engine to do a good football game.

Second. The engine doesn't matter. Is the intention of a game what matters and Konami is purposely making PES 2020 have more simplified physics. Why? Cause the "competitive" scenario. The same reason why they don't put any effort on AI. Cause online is what gives money, and offline is a less profitable market. And that's the truth of PES nowadays. Besides doing a competent balanced yet challenging AI is hell of a work, in fact.

Trust me about something. I would rather play a Fox Engine PES game modified by the community with full access to the code and comprehension of it, than a UE 5 PES that the community has no access to gameplay modifying. 1 thousand times.

That doesn't mean that Fox Engine doesn't have its limitations, ofc, or that UE5 is not actually a better engine, that it is, but that community cares more about the offline and realism that Konami itself, that cares only about profit.

The key is that presumably, turning to UE5 will give modders more access to code and modding than Fox Engine, since UE is partially an open engine, unlike Fox Engine.

Still though, I am not even sure about buying PES 2022, even if it is well optimized, even if it is UE5, whatever. When the game goes out in the market, I will first pass around here and see what you people say about base gameplay (specially those of you that look for max realism and a realistic speed and game pace) and then I will take a walk around through editing forum and see what people can do with a UE PES, and then, if I feel I can have a fair game with minimum scripting, I will inform myself if I can run the game in my pc, and if so, even if it is in low graphics, I will buy it, mod it, and play it. And if I am not satisfied, I might return to modded PES2020, that if all goes well within this year, will get massive updates in playability through mods (I hope, also, in terms of AI scripting and variety of play), and will play better than UE5.

Just to finish, let me tell you something. The main reason to get hyped about UE5 is the better access to the engine in order to tweak physics and AI behavior, something that along this year has improved quite much thanks to the community modders. Names as incas, avok or Jostike, between others, should ring a bell to you, and what many of them have achieved is quite commendable. If you think better physics equals to better game, you are wrong cause there's a lot more to it, and this is being said by someone that put physics and animations on top of everything. Just so that you make an idea, I play up to 90 minutes with sider. But if you think that Konami is the one that is going to do those ultra-realistic physics and game pace... Then you are even wronger, cause Konami doesn't care about realism and doing a good game, they care about money, and money is on the online community and crappy modes like myClub.

BTW, for those wanting a true competitive experience, it would be needed some mods of the community, slower pace, a full controlled market and unique players and teams and 90 minutes games through some kind of emulated local network. But that ain't happen, at least by Konami, cause that ain't give money.

For UE5 you can expect the same crappy physics, the same scripting and same everything, you know why? Cause it is what most of console player wants. An unrealistic game easy to play and that doesn't require real football tactics, with an online where they can win by spending lots of money to have op players rather than actually understanding football. And that's where the money is.

So next time you say PC will hold consoles back, think twice, and think good. Is not only about the specs. Is about the community, about the market and about what kind of experience is each type of community (consoles va PC) striving for.

TL;DR: is not about the engine, is not about the specs, is about the game Konami wants to do, not the game they can do. Is about the PC community access to modding they have and how much they can tweak Konami crappy game made for online and money, not about how much Konami can take out of the new engine. So trust me if I tell you that you will prefer a modded PES 2020 that a standard PES 2022 and that you prefer a less top on specs PES that doesn't suck all of the power from UE neither utilizes most complex physics but that gives access to PC community to mod it and play it.

Last edited:
@rojofa , Yes it may require a better processor to handle the physics, but it never depends completely on the processor.
I know this because I have another PC with a GT 710 2GB, i3 2100, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and it could run PES 2020 on 30 fps overclocked at 768p. The FPS dropped whilst in Daytime to 20-22.
The graphics were bad as you would expect, but that in no way affected any physics and gameplay elements.
The Vanilla AI was still dumb AF and the ball movement was realistic, like it would be on a rig with an RTX or a Ryzen 7. You are making it seem as if everyone needs a Ryzen 7 3700X just to handle to physics and gameplay, which is completely wrong. Consoles are designed to run Games on a fixed setting, no higher, no lower.
You said "this is not possible if gameplay critical elements like physics and AI require a CPU comparable to the next-gen consoles"
It is a football game brother, with 22 players on the pitch and 1 ball, it is not an open-world game with all surroundings being rendered. It is just about making the whole stadium environment look good, nothing else.

This whole argument on trying to justify a Bad PES 2022 PC port (which has not even been confirmed) is absurd.

Why do you think YouTuber's like TrueBrits, SpoonyPizzas, Camaldihno prefer PC over Consoles?
MODS.
Stadiums, kits, faces, boots, turf mods, chants, Trophies, entrance mods, anthem mods. The list goes on and on. You even made a whistle replacement mod.

Case in point, Konami know they will face backlash if they do not use UE on PC, especially from the YouTube community.

There are a handful of myClub specific channels I know, mainly because you can easily pack a Messi or Ronaldo, unlike in FUT where they make children addicts by screwing them over and over again to waste their parents money.

If it does not support older gen PC's they just have to move on. A bad PC port will give IGN and other Game critics another chance to bash the game and put out headlines such as the "End of PES", something which they could not do as PES did very well this year.

Even if it means that my PC cannot run the game in 2021, I would be happy to watch from the sidelines as my childhood game makes strides rather than destroying itself on PC just to cater to low end gamers.

It will be like the Forza Horizon of Football, with FIFA being the Need for Speed franchise.

They need to leave us behind and create games utilising the next-gen consoles CPUs to their full potential. If/when enough people upgrade their hardware to match the new consoles, then bring these next-gen games to PC.
This would be the best choice for sure.They need to aim for reaching as high as possible in all departments and not hold back so they can please and be still on par with ''older technology''.
Sadly,i think that as long as they're still gonna make releases of a particular game for both ps4 and ps5,maybe they won't be able to fully take advantage of ps5 power.And this can also apply for older pc.Only after 2-3 years in the next gen life cycle if they stop to put out games for ps4 and only focus exclusively on ps5,only then they will be able to truly reach ps5's highest potential.I hope i'm wrong though and they will have a plan that is able to release two versions 100% independent from one to another so they won't have to keep some elements back in order to be accesible by ps4,but instead they will be able to offer what next gen in ps5 is capable to produce in it's full power from year one,and not after some years..

I'm convinced that they'll keep supporting current gen consoles with the fox engine for the next 2-3 years and the PC version won't be on par with PS5 next year.

@rojofaYou are making it seem as if everyone needs a Ryzen 7 3700X just to handle to physics and gameplay, which is completely wrong.
No it's not completely wrong, because it is possible for that to be the case if the game is built in a new and innovative way with totally new fundamental mechanics, see the kind of concepts I mentioned in the 2021 thread for examples.

Whether they actually do design the game in these ways is another matter, but it is possible for a sports game to fully utilise such a CPU for gameplay/physics depending on the design. It's not as simple as "big open world uses more CPU so why can't it do 22 players lol".

It's pointless to use current or older games as the examples in these scenarios. We know nothing about the game yet other than it being in UE and that by itself tells us nothing much at all.

This whole argument on trying to justify a Bad PES 2022 PC port (which has not even been confirmed) is absurd.
Nope, never argued such a thing. I would never try to justify a genuinenely bad PC port. I'm on PC and didn't own any of the current gen consoles.

Talking about bad ports though, if next-gen PES2022 came to PC and did require a CPU even in the same ballpark as that Ryzen 7 I mentioned, I guarantee that people would slam it as a "bad port", "unoptimised" etc when it didn't work on their PC. The game would either not be purchased or would get refunded by everyone with an incompatible PC.

Would there even be enough customers with such a high end or recently upgraded PC to make it profitable to release? They'd probably make more money releasing the older and less demanding version, as all the people with old PCs could still run it and just buy a football game every year no matter what.

They're a business, if there's money to be made then they'll do it. They wouldn't be doing it to spite us so I don't get the reason for already being mad about or blaming them for it.

Last edited:
No it's not completely wrong, because it is possible for that to be the case if the game is built in a new and innovative way with totally new fundamental mechanics, see the kind of concepts I mentioned in the 2021 thread for examples.

Whether they actually do design the game in these ways is another matter, but it is possible for a sports game to fully utilise such a CPU for gameplay/physics depending on the design. It's not as simple as "big open world uses more CPU so why can't it do 22 players lol".

It's pointless to use current or older games as the examples in these scenarios. We know nothing about the game yet other than it being in UE and that by itself tells us nothing much at all.

Nope, never argued such a thing. I would never try to justify a genuinenely bad PC port. I'm on PC and didn't own any of the current gen consoles.

Talking about bad ports though, if next-gen PES2022 came to PC and did require a CPU even in the same ballpark as that Ryzen 7 I mentioned, I guarantee that people would slam it as a "bad port", "unoptimised" etc when it didn't work on their PC. The game would either not be purchased or would get refunded by everyone with an incompatible PC.

Would there even be enough customers with such a high end or recently upgraded PC to make it profitable to release? They'd probably make more money releasing the older and less demanding version, as all the people with old PCs could still run it and just buy a football game every year no matter what.

They're a business, if there's money to be made then they'll do it. They wouldn't be doing it to spite us so I don't get the reason for already being mad about or blaming them for it.
Concepts aside, let's hope they can reach a good compromise between Consoles and PC to deliver a better experience on both, even if it means sacrificing some elements which can be rectified in coming years, as the GPU market becomes cheaper.

A Fox Engine PC Port would just be two steps forward and one step back and I would not be in favour of buying such a game.

They have 2 years and are far more well versed with Engines and their capabilities, it is time they put their minds to good use to solve this issue between Next Gen Consoles and PC.

They cannot satisfy everyone though, and I hope that Us PC Players are not left in the dust by a Fox Engine based PES 2022.

I think in 2-5 years I will quit football games as a whole.

Already stopped watching football after UEFA banned designed mow patterns.

Only reason I even played fifa 18 was because it had Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Ronaldinho and I managed to mod them in single player on pc. Fifa is unmoddable now anyways, so once they remove these players, I'm out. Pes is still moddable so I still might play it in future if I get to import Ronaldo back in the game.

Otherwise, I rarely even watch football nowadays. I just watch the world cup matches.

Ya know.... money, not will.

Yeah then it's completely over. PCs will always get inferior port since majority of the pcs aren't as good as consoles.

I've already accepted that fate and stopped playing sports games on pc. And might eventually switch to consoles in the future, unless Stadia like streaming consoles kills local gaming- in which case I will just give up on gaming as a whole.

Concepts aside, let's hope they can reach a good compromise between Consoles and PC to deliver a better experience on both, even if it means sacrificing some elements which can be rectified in coming years, as the GPU market becomes cheaper.

A Fox Engine PC Port would just be two steps forward and one step back and I would not be in favour of buying such a game.

They have 2 years and are far more well versed with Engines and their capabilities, it is time they put their minds to good use to solve this issue between Next Gen Consoles and PC.

They cannot satisfy everyone though, and I hope that Us PC Players are not left in the dust by a Fox Engine based PES 2022.

Besides, UE5 is far easier to optimize that Fox Engine. Some people conveniently forget that Fox Engine was optimized FOR CONSOLES, specially, designed by Hideo Kojima to run Metal Gear Solid 5, and not at all to run a football game in PC. If they managed to optimize Fox Engine for PC after Hideo Kojima left Konami, I expect them to be able to optimize an UE 5 PES for PC, since UE 5 is quite UE 4 with some code addition and RTX. And that's quite all. UE 5 is not THAT different from UE 4, and there's many games on UE 4 runnin atm in PC's. If they give the option of turning RTX off, I am pretty sure that the next PES should be able to run in far lower-end PC's that the current ones in Fox Engine, honestly, without having to sacrifice any kind of physics complexity.

You are forgetting something, anyway, that is that even when this is a typical change of generation situation, where games improve graphically speaking and technology gets better, each new generation has less graphical difference and improvement than the former over the previous one. The differences grow narrower with each new generation, and so, old PC's hold better each new generation change. So even when the game has quite complex physics, and even if the new games are made with new generation of consoles and PC's in mind (cause yeah, there's already and in a year will be, enough of new PC users market for the game) towards optimization, I expect my old PC to hold better to new generation games than the previous generation change scenario. I tell already, even if they are optimized for consoles. I expect them to be able to be played in my pc. With the lowest graphics configuration? Sure. But I don't mind. And if it's not the case, who cares, I can actually hold with PES 2020 until I buy a new PC, and eventually, UE PES will come out to PC, even if there's not enough of a market for this year, sooner or later, there will be and UE PES will come into PC cause sooner or later, people will be forced to buy newer graphics and such, cause old ones get out of catalogue, etc., etc.

So, as I stated... I ain't worried at all, I am a patient man, all will come when is time to.

Yeah then it's completely over. PCs will always get inferior port since majority of the pcs aren't as good as consoles.

I've already accepted that fate and stopped playing sports games on pc. And might eventually switch to consoles in the future, unless Stadia like streaming consoles kills local gaming- in which case I will just give up on gaming as a whole.

But this is false, cause eventually, people is forced to buy better pieces, cause old ones get out of catalogue. Just think about it like this... Consoles are medium-spec PC's, essentially, which are optimized for gaming. But for the price of a console, a bit more, maybe, you can get a PC WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than a console. And why's that? Simply. Rentability. Companies need to... build a pc, pay money to the workers that build that pc, and get some money over the cost of the pieces and the building. While you can afford that overprice buying that PC yourself. Sure, the companies get some good prices on the pieces since they buy millions of them, but still though, the overprice of each console to make rentability for it, ends up making PC more competent. Besides, we have the advantage of a more flexible market. We are having constant hardware update that makes the previous pieces to go lower on price. And you may say... "but consoles get new version of the console aswell, look XBOX one X and PS4 Pro (or whatever is called)". And I will say, yes, indeed, the difference is that where they get ONE update that makes the console go lower on price, we get several hardware updates, and unlike consoles, graphic cards vary way more on price than consoles.

At the end of the day, PC is still on par with price, more or less. A bit more expensive, maybe, harder to find ballance, but holds up better in time that what you guys think, and way better than old consoles.

And actually, PS4 would be able probably to run next-gen PES with lowered graphics. The reason to not release it in PS4 is not even that PS4 optimization would hold back newer games, but most likely, that people would feel less compeled to buy new generation consoles if the same game launches in the previous gen... And well, ya know, companies NEED SALES. Welcome to capitalism.

Last edited:
Besides, UE5 is far easier to optimize that Fox Engine. Some people conveniently forget that Fox Engine was optimized FOR CONSOLES, specially, designed by Hideo Kojima to run Metal Gear Solid 5, and not at all to run a football game in PC. If they managed to optimize Fox Engine for PC after Hideo Kojima left Konami, I expect them to be able to optimize an UE 5 PES for PC, since UE 5 is quite UE 4 with some code addition and RTX. And that's quite all. UE 5 is not THAT different from UE 4, and there's many games on UE 4 runnin atm in PC's. If they give the option of turning RTX off, I am pretty sure that the next PES should be able to run in far lower-end PC's that the current ones in Fox Engine, honestly, without having to sacrifice any kind of physics complexity.

You are forgetting something, anyway, that is that even when this is a typical change of generation situation, where games improve graphically speaking and technology gets better, each new generation has less graphical difference and improvement than the former over the previous one. The differences grow narrower with each new generation, and so, old PC's hold better each new generation change. So even when the game has quite complex physics, and even if the new games are made with new generation of consoles and PC's in mind (cause yeah, there's already and in a year will be, enough of new PC users market for the game) towards optimization, I expect my old PC to hold better to new generation games than the previous generation change scenario. I tell already, even if they are optimized for consoles. I expect them to be able to be played in my pc. With the lowest graphics configuration? Sure. But I don't mind. And if it's not the case, who cares, I can actually hold with PES 2020 until I buy a new PC, and eventually, UE PES will come out to PC, even if there's not enough of a market for this year, sooner or later, there will be and UE PES will come into PC cause sooner or later, people will be forced to buy newer graphics and such, cause old ones get out of catalogue, etc., etc.

So, as I stated... I ain't worried at all, I am a patient man, all will come when is time to.

Totally Agree.
I think they will release UE5 PES allready for PC as well as on all Next Gen Consoles next year.

Otherwise I will just wait for it - as PES2020 looks pretty nice with all mods and Graphics on highest settings. (My PC is 8 years old - next year i might upgrade it). So I think its just time to cross fingers next year and wait till release informations will be released in 2021.

Reactions: Ttb
Back
Top Bottom