Commentary

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
I've always had a bit of a laugh at the commentry in PES, possibly because of the rediculous phrases they come out with.

Wasn't til I played EA's World Cup 2006 game that I releised just how bad it was! EA's game has Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend and whenever you close your eyes it really does sound like you're listening to a match on ITV!

So what do we get on PES? Trevor Brooking who hasn't done a game since last century and Peter Brackley who's been reduced to commentating on Italian football on Bravo.

Wouldn't it be a great compliment to have John Motson and Mark Lawrenson? Knowing Konami they'll probably use that Scottish twat off Five.

Im sure Ive seen threads going around that you can actually have the Fifa commentry on Pes. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes there is one coming out for PES5. Abhishek is doing one with the help of others. I've already provided 350 converted comments and he has some people doing the callnames. Looking good so far but it's an awful lot of work matching up to 10,000 comments then converting them...that's why very few people have tackled this. Respect to Abhishek + team tho. There is the French commentary by Yoshi. There is also one for PES4 which was done by beardymagic. Took him months to do.

Hopefully there should be something soon.

Last edited:
What team u talking about lol, the few ppl I had asked to help dint do any damn work, its only me at the moment, the only help ive got is from and hopefully spitfire btw check ur pm dude

@ NickSCFC, everybody plays modded games, so can u be playing same as everyone else :roll: believe me u get a different game with patching

NickSCFC said:
Wasn't til I played EA's World Cup 2006 game that I releised just how bad it was! EA's game has Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend and whenever you close your eyes it really does sound like you're listening to a match on ITV!

So what do we get on PES? Trevor Brooking who hasn't done a game since last century and Peter Brackley who's been reduced to commentating on Italian football on Bravo.

Wouldn't it be a great compliment to have John Motson and Mark Lawrenson? Knowing Konami they'll probably use that Scottish twat off Five.

We dont have a dedicated "Humour" forum here, but if we did this topic would be a worthy seal breaker! :lmao: :applause:

Peter Brackley is one of the best commentators around IMO and many others. In fact, Football Italia have both the best pundits and mainstay commentator in the business (colour commentary is sometimes a bit dodgy).

If that wasn't enough, your advocating the use of Motty..... at all! :shock:

Seriously, is this topic for real? :(

PS. I know PES commentary is shite,but dear lord the ITV or BBC crews will hopefully never get anywhere near it! I've used Spanish commentary for a good while now, but if I knew Motty was there, always only a click away, I think I'd cry.

I thought I had covered that already?

Motson is possibly the worst commentator out of all of them, and Lawrenson doesn't have many fans either. I'm not sure I could put up with Motty's comments, and I know a lot of people feel the same way.

This guy is probably a FIFAite in disguise. Two threads now he's decided to slate the game for petty reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
NickSCFC said:
Motty's crap in your opinion and probably your opinion alone.

Well that's not quite true. I used to like Motty and also Andy Gray but they don't cut the mustard anymore. (er, do you cut mustard??)

Apart from Brackley, the only one who's any good imo is Jonathon Peirce (sp). He really impresses me.

Tyler and Gray for me with match introductions by Richard Keys :) FA Premier League Stars 1999-2000 anyone? :)

DJ

Dar said:
No.....just no.

I'm with Dar on this one - he is NOT alone whatsoever!

I can confirm that anyone I talk to thinks Motson is a knob.

We've all been taking great pleasure in the Interactive option for BBC commentary and switching to Radio5Live rather than listen to the demented and irrelavant waffle of "Motty".

I'd rather than friggen Chris James and Terry Butcher than Motson and Lawrenson!

lets get those american espn announcers who are covering the world cup ;)

Nah no americans please! im sick of "Great Hustling by Beckham" and stuff like that which was heard during US coverage of USA vs England in a friendly... thats not Football commentary... maybe good in the NFL but not in Football.

DJ

I remember watching Lawrenson commentate on Alan Smith's injury last season.

He kept saying over and over how the player was injured by the ball hitting him in the face, no doubt about it.

I flicked over to Sky and Andy Gray had it spot on talking about his leg bending under himself.

I'd love to see Konami grab a Sky Sports licence, use all thier effects (eg the pause menu would be a modified version of the interactive Red Button) and commentary team

I'd love to see Motty and Lawro in it actually. I think Lawro's been brilliant throughout the World Cup, I like it when commentators have a bit of a laugh. "Sorry John, the guy in front of me's just stood up again, there'll be words if he's not careful..." :lol:

THe French comentators are as bad as English ones...

I don't think it would be better with Andy Gray and John Motson (yeah, I know them because I used to have Fifa 98 on Nintendo 64)

It is Konami's fault.

In french, we have comments as: "Bien joué de la part du grand gars"
Wich is a non-sense for a french like me. (Dunno how to translate it in english maybe : "well done for that tall guy":lmao: )

Or sometimes stranges things happened.
Christian Jean-Pierre (who's the french commentator in Pes5) says:"Alors Jean Luc votre analyse pour ce match" (could be translated in "So Jean Luc, what do you think of it?") And after that question, the 2nd commentator doesn't answer anything!

THe very truth is that Konami is not able to control the art of commenting...whereas Electronic Arts does.
Even if EA game is crap...

Last edited:
KRoNoS said:
Yes there is one coming out for PES5. Abhishek is doing one with the help of others. I've already provided 350 converted comments and he has some people doing the callnames. Looking good so far but it's an awful lot of work matching up to 10,000 comments then converting them...that's why very few people have tackled this. Respect to Abhishek + team tho. There is the French commentary by Yoshi. There is also one for PES4 which was done by beardymagic. Took him months to do.

Hopefully there should be something soon.

My name is YoniF not Yoshi :D

I just use Spanish commentary.
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL is much better than "nice striker" "I concur, well done"

Back
Top Bottom