Commentary

djdoc360 said:
Tyler and Gray for me with match introductions by Richard Keys :) FA Premier League Stars 1999-2000 anyone? :)

DJ
SPOT ON!!!!...... cant beat that, anyone heard fifa06 commentary??, it just makes you disgusted with PES's when play it. Most of the time it just feels like there are no commentators at all, with the typical four words after every 45mins :roll:

studeep said:
SPOT ON!!!!...... cant beat that, anyone heard fifa06 commentary??, it just makes you disgusted with PES's when play it. Most of the time it just feels like there are no commentators at all, with the typical four words after every 45mins :roll:

You sure your frequency is on max? never seem to shut up with me, albeit saying is a boring voice "terry, lampard, cole..." :applause:

martin tyler and andy grey are on fifa road to world cup 2006 commentary and thats also just as good as the world cup game. from the vids ive seen of the new pro evo, the commentary doesnt seem to have changed unfortunately.

Konami need to leave the commentators to say the phrases then tell the Konami crew where to implement the phrases within the game. Currently the Konami team do not have the slightest clue on how to achieve this.

both Motty and J Pearce are main commentators, we are talking about a main and 2nd commentator so Motty plus Mark Lawrenson :) or Martin Tyle & Andy Gray.

I think the commentary is directly translated from the JAP commentary and thats why our version makes hardly any sense and is crap!

DJ

I like Motty, also Alan Green. Or Stuart Hall, now that would be something!!

The PES commentators are fine though - its the gameplay that counts, which as good as you can get for a football game and all the patches on here make sure that you can play with your favourite players.

Still would love to Play with Wycombe Wanderers in League 2, made a Wycombe team in game but it wasnt brilliant

they havent come out with anything different though thats the point. konami should never conprimise gameplay for commentary but they should recognise that it's the missing pieces in the jigsaw that would make the game complete.

it's going to be hard to get andy grey as the fifa commitment but i now think jonathan pearce has to be the main commentator with mark lawrenson or motty as his partner. maybe have all 3 and you select or randomise which ones take part.

Why not get the guy who commentated England vs Brazil where he says "Pele, What a Save" whether he's alive or not, I don't know but he would be OK.

NickSCFC said:
ON the positive side, I've not heard Brackley or Brooking come out with anything stupid in the PES6 vids I've been watching ;)

Wait until you get the game and I bet it sounds like PES5 :lol: if not I would be surprised ;)

While I have nothing against Brackley at all I think they should now change the commentators. New voices would give the game a fresh feel to it.

The problem then would still remain is the dialogue, which is too robotic in it's delivery. It's not surprising really, as PES captures the unpredictable nature of football and so it's hard to program comments to every possible situation that may arise.

The best way to do it is have the commentators first record the basics in the studio (Player names, Match intros etc..) then sit them down to watch 'X' amount of PES games being played and have them commentate to them. They should then capture the majority of the correct emotions, tones and sense of urgency of the situations that commonly arise in the game.

On a side note, they should get David Pleat as the analyst. I don't like him, but at least that way licensing won't matter as he never gets names right anyway. ;)

That explains why the old ISS didn't have the correct names, David Pleat worked with them, that or they couldn't be bothered :lol:

Why don't they just record the commentary from BBC, ITV, Sky Sports and PremPlus and some fans cheering the teams.

Back
Top Bottom