Chelsea Thread

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - Chelsea 4-0 Real Betis//Next - Everton v Chelsea

From yesterdays game,I've come to conclusions that,the only way to ruffle chelski's feathers is to play 4-5-1 and play aggressive non stop for 90 minutes.Did you see how many times your players were on the deck,especially Terry? I was surprised.Teams are getting it I think,knockin off the rhythm and harrassing Lampard and Makelele.Like how United beat Arsenal twice last season.Just my two cents.

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - @ Everton 1-1 //Next - @Home v Charlton

Am i the only one think SWP is not playing as good as he did in the last season? I'm not sure is he feel more pressure on him when he's wearing the blue shirt or he still havent get used to the playing style of Chelsea.
I see him lost his confidence after he lose a penalty. I believe he has the ability to play much better or improve himself. just like Drogba, he play much better this season than last season.

Well i think SWP should improve immensely under the guidance of JM. These things happen, and its up to him to learn from his mistakes and become better because of it.

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - Chelsea 4-0 Real Betis//Next - Everton v Chelsea

phrase said:
From yesterdays game,I've come to conclusions that,the only way to ruffle chelski's feathers is to play 4-5-1 and play aggressive non stop for 90 minutes.Did you see how many times your players were on the deck,especially Terry? I was surprised.Teams are getting it I think,knockin off the rhythm and harrassing Lampard and Makelele.Like how United beat Arsenal twice last season.Just my two cents.
I think we only did that at OT. At Highbury, we completely outplayed them.

But you're right. Chelsea can be beaten if teams are physical.

Beattie's goal is a blunder from SWP,Chelsea can take tough games,as they are a band of fighters just like Everton,MU,Boro ...

untitled12ok.jpg

And yes i know they had a handball shout, im just saying it would have been better 2-2 than 1-1 even though this would have affected the game.

Actually, I'd take a 1-1 any day over a 2-2 draw. Cuz it makes your defensive record look better. And Chelsea could easily make up for that extra goal they would have scored, in another match.

As for the offside thing, IMO he's definately interfering with play. Maybe if the player was on the wing and far away from the situation, then maybe it should have been a goal. But the fact is that he was in a position where he was able to affect the play meaning he was affecting the way the opposition since they would have had to mark him or atleast acknowledge his presence in the box. Which means he was interfering with play and also in an offside position.

If you see from the image, Gudjohnsen is walking back onside, none of the defenders are even facing him, they aknowledge he is onside and cannot do anything, also he is not blocking the view of anyone including the keeper, its a detabatable one, but i think not offside just about edges it, according to my local presnters and I.

Its a goal, and Chelsea would have held on the lead.
I have seen in many similiar situations where it was given a goal.

Makelele, Gallas going to be rested according to s.clarke, bridge could be on the bench. Geremi, Ferriera will be in the lineup.

And Cryuff shoots his pathetic tongue again!

What will be the first 11 tonight against charlton?

I HOPE Lamps and Essien will be at rest

I dont Lamps will get a rest. Bridge should be starting after Shearer inflicted the crazyness last season. Glen Johnson has broke his wrist after punching a wall. Cudicini may start, but Jose does not want to treat Cudicini like one of those "use him at easy games" keepers, even though he kind of is, which is why he used him agasint Betis. Ferreira will start, coming in for Galals. Geremi will come in for Maka. Duff and Carvalho are out. Which should mean Huth at the back with Capitan John Terry. Probably Hernan Crespo AND Eidur Gudjohnsen, with a 4-4-2, ulikely but dont rule it out. SWP and JC, unless Robben wants to come back to full fitness. Essien will start, the kids got stamina, he dont need no rest!

All we can expect is the usual 4-3-3 lined up like this.

---------Crespo---------
-Joe Cole----------SWP--
---Lampard---Essien-----
--------Geremi----------
Brid--Terry-Huth-Ferreira
-------Cudinini----------

Subs
Eidur Gudjohnsen 22
Arjen Robben 16
Lenny Pidgely 49
...Watt?
...Oliveira?

Who knows.

I think Robben will in the starting line up and SWP will on the bench.

Sulph said:
If you see from the image, Gudjohnsen is walking back onside, none of the defenders are even facing him, they aknowledge he is onside and cannot do anything, also he is not blocking the view of anyone including the keeper, its a detabatable one, but i think not offside just about edges it, according to my local presnters and I.
Thats a bad pic to judge by. If you watch the video, you'll clearly see that Eidur reacted to the pass as if he was gonna accept it but luckily for him (well not really lucky cuz it didnt count), Drogba intercepted it in an onside position. But the fact that he tried to recieve the ball means he was involved in the play in some way, meaning its a definate interference.

IMO its a stupid rule and the goal should have counted if the new interpretation wasnt introduced. But I'm just saying its not a goal cuz I'm sticking to the new rules and it clear counts Gudjohnsen as an active player.
But enough of this. Its a stupid rule anyway and to be fair, it cancelled out the hand ball. :)

Hrm...1-1 in 2nd period of extra time...could it be? Doubt it.

oh well, carling cup can return to big teams playing young sides and the smaller clubs making big upsets. Not that it was chelsea's fault they didn't play a weakened side, they don't have one!

With Chelsea out, this cup is more or less ours. ;)

^ If Charlton were able to kick Chelsea out, wouldn't they be able to do the same to Man Utd?

Not to mention every other team, today's score was unpredictable, other ones can happen...

Huth... you still need to learn more...

good game but sorry for Huth.now its time to focus on Premiership and CL.

I miss Duff... Robben is not inform, SWP need more time to improve and Duff is what we need... now.

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - @H Charlton 1-1*//Next - @Home v BreakBone Rovers

Anyone would think youve lost a game...;)

Very surprised that our man Franky was reseted.

Sulph said:
Very surprised that our man Franky was reseted.
Well he is human.

RuneEdge said:
With Chelsea out, this cup is more or less ours. ;)

Yeah, what a performance from you guys. Beating a team that is fourth from bottom in the old 4. division, had their goalkeeper sent off in the 2. minute and didn't have a replacement keeper on the bench. You are sure to win it all now and what a glorious moment that will be.

jogi said:
Yeah, what a performance from you guys. Beating a team that is fourth from bottom in the old 4. division, had their goalkeeper sent off in the 2. minute and didn't have a replacement keeper on the bench. You are sure to win it all now and what a glorious moment that will be.
We didnt exactly have a strong team out their either. :roll:

grrr i hate r.huth! he reminds me of hyppia. Two bad passes, one costly, I dont understand why he took a penalty, let j.cole, geremi, or terry. I hope not to see him for a while. What a big waste of energy.

hey charlton are a great team no wonder they are second.

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
reseted? is he a ps2? hehehe

Heheheh typoo, RESTED!

Im sure if it was up to him he would have played, hes one player that can go all year with a rest only for his summer holidays.

Back
Top Bottom