Celtic Thread

Would like Bilic, who is supposedly interested.

Can't say I'm overly excited about soem of the other names.

FD

We'll be getting John Barnes as manager soon, anybody with experience of seeing him manage (or "head coach") Celtic want to offer us Tranmere fans their condolences? Is it going to be as bad as it seems or do we have a chance of acheieving something with him?

Excellent performance through the week.

Got Arsenal now, don't expect anything, just need to cross our fingers and hope.

FD

Arsenal have shown they can't deal with certain types of pressure, Celtic Park will be key if you lot want to get something from this.

Although CL wouldn't be the same without Arsenal, I personally would miss Celtic more if they don't make it. It was always nice watching Celtic beat a big club at home year after year.

I'm worried about Arsenal's pace and movement.

However I'll not write us off, it'll be tough and Arsenal will be big favourites, but we've surprised teams in the past.

As said, home will be the key.

FD

If we can scrape a 1-0 to take to the emirates we might have a chance.

But if arsenal play to the quality can then nobody should expect us to go through.

My only hope is that the tie is not dead before we go to the emirates.

Anything can happen in a one off game.

mon the hoops

If we can scrape a 1-0 to take to the emirates we might have a chance.

But if arsenal play to the quality can then nobody should expect us to go through.

My only hope is that the tie is not dead before we go to the emirates.

Anything can happen in a one off game.

mon the hoops

You lot always gave us (United) a great match up there, I can still remember Nakamura stepping up and just knowing it was going in.

Kind of feel like your quality has dipped a bit since though :(

you lot ready for a beating?

hehe only kidding. no need for arrogance. it will be a tough game and a nice warm up game for when we play in the premiership againts portsmouth

Warm up game? :LOL:
It's a qualifier for your place in the CL against a team who regularly qualifys for the group stages themselves and has got through to the knock out stages twice recently.

Could you sound anymore condecending?

Yeah jonney, I didn't get you as well. Warm up? The stakes are high and as I said, no easy ride mate.

Of course Arsenal are favourites, especially after that 6-1 hammering. I just hope it didn't inflate the players' egos too much because overconfidence could backfire. They need to take it seriously.

you lot ready for a beating?

hehe only kidding. no need for arrogance. it will be a tough game and a nice warm up game for when we play in the premiership againts portsmouth

cheeky fecker.

oh and beachryan, what a free kick that was. absolute stunner.

We will miss Naka this year, but we have Danny Fox who is supposed to be a good dead ball hitter.

I say supposed to have as I have only seen him hit a series of duff corners :(

Yeah jonney, I didn't get you as well. Warm up? The stakes are high and as I said, no easy ride mate.

Of course Arsenal are favourites, especially after that 6-1 hammering. I just hope it didn't inflate the players' egos too much because overconfidence could backfire. They need to take it seriously.

Having heard Cesc talking after the Everton match I dont think that will be a problem, he was very mature and professional about it and kept saying it's just one game and the scoreline doesn't mean anything basically.

cheeky fecker.

oh and beachryan, what a free kick that was. absolute stunner.

We will miss Naka this year, but we have Danny Fox who is supposed to be a good dead ball hitter.

I say supposed to have as I have only seen him hit a series of duff corners :(

It was a beast of a goal! The only 'easy' match we've had against you was the 3-0 at OT last season where you didnt show up. Every other match has been bloody close.

fluke cause it deflected from player into the middle of the net. gallas could of easily did the same on the other end.If not McDonaldo was there to put it away...

fluke cause it deflected from player into the middle of the net. gallas could of easily did the same on the other end.If not McDonaldo was there to put it away...
Thats not a fluke

Drogba's goal against hull was a fluke.

The defender was forced into an error, when you stretch for the ball like that you take what ever you get from it.

Thats not a fluke

Drogba's goal against hull was a fluke.

The defender was forced into an error, when you stretch for the ball like that you take what ever you get from it.

Too true. Gallas almost scored an own goal like that minutes before. But that thick cunt Caldwell found out it's not for everyone

Back
Top Bottom