Call of Duty : Black Ops

Re: Call of Duty 7 : Black Ops

Doesn't look good at all but no doubt it will sell a gazillion from all those twats who go 'Bruv, bruv look at da new COD! Its sooo sick! Manz gonna bang all u pussies online u know'. Uuuughh.

Doesn't look good at all but no doubt it will sell a gazillion from all those twats who go 'Bruv, bruv look at da new COD! Its sooo sick! Manz gonna bang all u pussies online u know'. Uuuughh.

Pretty much this. I think the Call of Duty franchise now appeals to the demographic you mentioned above. The game just looks like a load of arcadey, chavvy nonsense. It looks a far cry from the gritty masterpiece that was the original COD4: Modern Warfare. It's all about Battlefield for me now.

I'm absolutely shit at MW2 (and other shooters) so I'll probably give this a miss.

The matchmaking system was, although good at finding you smooth games with loads of players, terrible for beginners like me to play people at your level. Instead you end up with a bunch of elitist dickheads who have no life and play the game way too much and end up with a shit k/d ratio and just get pissed off.

I didnt think the match making was too bad, maybe I was just lucky, I'm rubbish as well, but I did enjoy the games I played. I mean die 3 times in a row and you could use Copycat, thus stealing some uber stealth ninja's load out with all the better weapons, then enact revenge on the mother hubbard. I dont get hung up on the K/D ratio, it's for nutters. Too many people out there only play this and FIFA/PES, and that's it. How they dont get bored ta fuck is beyond me.

I agree with others about the Killstreak perks, lost count the number of matches I'm in and there is a Harrier or two, a Heli flying around too, the maps are too small to find anywhere decent to hide out till that's over. I honestly dont think the kills done by perks should add to the killstreak.

Pretty much this. I think the Call of Duty franchise now appeals to the demographic you mentioned above. The game just looks like a load of arcadey, chavvy nonsense. It looks a far cry from the gritty masterpiece that was the original COD4: Modern Warfare. It's all about Battlefield for me now.

Agree fully mate. I had a quick flick the other night and first game in 3 months had 2 people boosting!! I mean why? Are you that shit at it? It felt wrong and unenjoyable but your right about Batlefield.

I can't get enough of 1943 at the moment:))

ss_preview_codbo_360_pe_spread__1_.jpg.jpg

I think that set is awesome nonetheless, apparently it can video and stuff so that's pretty awesome. I wouldn't pay that much for it though.

Funny how everyone has turned on COD all of a sudden, wasn't long ago everyone here was playing it. In fact quite a few of you still are.

Gameplay modes sound pretty good in this, I might be tempted.

Not our problem it's incredibly boring after 2 rounds of Team Deathmatch. Same kills over and over.

Last edited:

Not me, I stopped playing COD online competitively since COD4. Ever since then it's gone downhill with the daft killstreaks, daft perks, poor matchmaking and cheesing by the glut of kids that play it. Even the offline single player campaign has gone downhill - I was hoping for something a little different, but it just looks like a modded MW2.

I loved the first two CoD games, stopped playing at 4. Basically since the series overdosed on particle effects and camera shake. If I see this game nowadays my screen just screams PARTICLES PARTICLES OMG EFFECTS SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE and then my eyes give up.

Maybe I'm getting old.

Not me, I stopped playing COD online competitively since COD4. Ever since then it's gone downhill with the daft killstreaks, daft perks, poor matchmaking and cheesing by the glut of kids that play it. Even the offline single player campaign has gone downhill - I was hoping for something a little different, but it just looks like a modded MW2.

Same here. The first Modern Warfare was excellent and where the series hit it's peak for me. I lost interest in World at War and didn't even bother with Modern Warfare 2. I'm probably alone in this opinion but I think COD3 was the most fun online, I had some great laughs with that game, but the original MW was the most impressive.

Black Ops looks complete gash. Just mindless run-and-gun stuff.

Im looking forward to this now after reading about wager mode and stuff

Because you need points now to unlock stuff you can gamble points in wager mode (all against all) and the top 3 take some points

Not sure if it just 1 death and your done or you re-spawn but one match is with only a knife and a handgun with 1 bullet and each kill you get you get another bullet

Another you start with a knife, then 1 kill and you move to a handgun, another kill you get 2 handguns, then a shotty ect ect

EDIT: just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_8mPoloBo&feature=player_embedded#!

Back
Top Bottom