Buzz! (PS3)

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
97066_lg.png

I should be receiving this tomorrow.

Never played a Buzz! game before, but seeing as I'm going to be moving to be near family and friends soon, thought it might be a laugh.

Like the idea of playing online (4 v 4) and the 'make your own quizzes' feature - plus future DLC question packs.

Anybody played the PS2 versions etc, or interested in the PS3 version?

online ?

sounds interesting

ive played the ps2 ones and they're good fun though they were genre specific so only music questions on the music disc. is this the same or have they grouped everything up?

So he DOES work for Sony, I KNEW it!!

I'm really looking forward to getting hold of it, at birthdays and Christmasses it always goes down well, it's a great laugh. But what I'm looking forward to the most is... Wireless controllers. God those wired ones were a pain in the arse. Literally ten minutes work getting the things untangled before you could start playing.

Promo copy.

So he DOES work for Sony, I KNEW it!!

I'm really looking forward to getting hold of it, at birthdays and Christmasses it always goes down well, it's a great laugh. But what I'm looking forward to the most is... Wireless controllers. God those wired ones were a pain in the arse. Literally ten minutes work getting the things untangled before you could start playing.

LOL, I still say 'I wish' - no as Dags said, got it from AVF for £28. Not out till July 4th, but the guy reckons this is the full game (his mate works for a game store and gets all the Promo's early).

Hopefully will be good. Comes with the wired buzzers though - not that I mind, all the wireless things in the house cost a fortune in batteries (got about 20 rechargeables!!!!)

Be good if a few from here get it, to do an "Evo-Web Quiz"

Q1: Who is most likely to call 'AI Cheats' within 24 hours of a new FIFA/PES Game?

a) JB
b) Dags
c) Coopz
d) DJ Doc

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "all of the above"... "10 pts" :LOL:

If embraced right, this game could have infintite longevity...

Buzz is great, I have pre-ordered this. Looking forward to seeing what online is like!

Hopefully the Buzzers will be USB charge otherwise they are going to cost a fortune in batteries!

Got it today :)

'Limited' would be a word I'd use!

I know quiz type games are not really meant for the lonesome (yet handsome) single player, but this is a bare as it gets. The big problem (for me), is that the servers arent live yet, so I cannot play online vs anyone, nor see how I rank in the online scoreboards for single players.

I worry about the questions too as I played 3 rounds (I think 10 questions in each) and got every one right. Its against the clock though, so the faster you answer, the more you score - which is where the online boards will come into play.

So shot myself in the foot by getting it early, but going to play it tonight with the missus and see if that is more fun, but I suspect its all the online stuff this game is aimed at - matches v opponents online, leaderboards and making your own quizzes to download and upload for other people.

Other than that, all looks good - good graphics and animation, though nothing groundbreaking obviously, but it all flows well and the voice acting (from 'Buzz' anyway) is nicely timed with the questions. I dont know if it was with the previous versions, but this works well and the overall feel that they aimed for - an actual stand-alone TV show - works well, right upto the opening and closing sequences.

Hoping the servers go online before the 4th though!

I've got it pre ordered :salute:

Cool, i'm going to make tons of questions.

Cool, i'm going to make tons of questions.

Fab - I still say if we can get enough people on here with it, we should do an 'Evo-Web' themed quiz :)

BTW, I think I've watched some of your Singstar vids :) Must get me a camera...

:DOH: Those videos are embarrasing, I've got more to upload when i'm back online. :DD

I dont think ill be uploading any of my SingStar Videos! lol

:LOL: I'm gonna start with some audio - can get some good scores, especially the Coldplay stuff.

Hot Chips 'Over and Over' is a superb Singstar song. Liked it since I first heard it last year and to see it pop up on the Singstore was superb!

Version 2 out Friday as well - not gonna get it as I cannot be doing with all the disk-swapping, but I'm hoping they get some of the songs up online as DLC - "Standing in the way of Control" will be one I'll look out for...

vids? are they only available through singstar?

hmmm they should add that to rock band

Definately... in the Rockband thread this was one of the main things I needed changing. In the days of Web 2.0 (even 3.0!) things like that should be standard in these games. And with the PS3/YouTube facility (which is yet to bear any fruit), then it would be great to capture a vid and have it added to YouTube or a community site automatically.

Dont know if you know Rad, but you can view the videos from Singstar online too from the Singstar main site... its quite well done and gives a good feeling of community.

I am very impressed about how quick it all is - especially ingame, videos load almost instantly and its easy to flick between them.

Anyway... Buzz! :LOL:

Be good if a few from here get it, to do an "Evo-Web Quiz"

Q1: Who is most likely to call 'AI Cheats' within 24 hours of a new FIFA/PES Game?

a) JB
b) Dags
c) Coopz
d) DJ Doc

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ "all of the above"... "10 pts" :LOL:

If embraced right, this game could have infintite longevity...

I have never said the AI cheats on anything :LOL:

Thats slander ;))

I have never said the AI cheats on anything :LOL:

Thats slander ;))

If it wasn't AI Cheats, it would be something else!! :LOL:

Boreham you bastard! lol! Any ideas if the controllers are wireless or do we have to use the Original Spaghetti Junction Buzz set?

Far as the info goes - new handsets are wireless with a USB Dongle to contect them to the PS3 (not bluetooth).

I got wired with mine as they havent been released yet. I prefer wired anyway, 4 batteries for the controllers is no fun (not each, but you get what I mean).

Playing Buzz on your own is like getting Gold in the Special Olympics - ....Nobody Wins!

Buzz is all about having a few mates over and thats when it comes into it's own. Had some legendary battles on the original music quiz version!

Playing Buzz on your own is like getting Gold in the Special Olympics - ....Nobody Wins!

Buzz is all about having a few mates over and thats when it comes into it's own. Had some legendary battles on the original music quiz version!

:LOL: Thats quality - I've got loads of gold medals and 'gold stars' for being 'mummy's little soldier!' - this game was made for me. I win every time and dont have to play on 3-stars to do so!

:LOL: Thats quality - I've got loads of gold medals and 'gold stars' for being 'mummy's little soldier!' - this game was made for me. I win every time and dont have to play on 3-stars to do so!
lol ok Mr Boreham thats quite enough of the 3 stars talk ;) no wonder you have never seen any CPU Bullshit, you play on a level which almost allows you to win :)

I may well get this, will be fun for when the family get together, im still edging towards getting the new Wireless controllers...

Back
Top Bottom