Breaking News: PES fan comes out of the closet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, and isn't this more appropriate for the FIFA part of the Forum ?

There's a FIFA part of the forum? By the looks of it, this whole site is now a FIFA forum. And here was me thinking I'd logged into evo-web. :CONFUSE:

Has everyone crossed over to FIFA then? If that's the case, why are you all still here, on a PES forum? If you all enjoy this new FIFA game so much what's the problem? You don't need to explain yourself or constantly announce it to the world - I've seen so much 'FIFA-loving' recently on forums supposedly about PES that it just looks like trolling.

I don't get why people constantly make it a competition between two games that are very different, that stand alone.

There's a FIFA part of the forum? By the looks of it, this whole site is now a FIFA forum. And here was me thinking I'd logged into evo-web. :CONFUSE:

Has everyone crossed over to FIFA then? If that's the case, why are you all still here, on a PES forum? If you all enjoy this new FIFA game so much what's the problem? You don't need to explain yourself or constantly announce it to the world - I've seen so much 'FIFA-loving' recently on forums supposedly about PES that it just looks like trolling.

I don't get why people constantly make it a competition between two games that are very different, that stand alone.

I think people's hearts are still with PES but their heads are telling them FIFA at the moment.

The fact that they still come here to talk about it shows that they are PES people really. :)

imo, let pes09 grow on you. you kids..never learn. dont you know that after a year of playing pes it still dosent feel samey, while fifa really dont offer much unpredictability that almost every match of pes feels like. yet you all predict pes sux out of a demo.

Every year I give both FIFA and PES a fair chance. Last year I ended up playing PES 2008 on the Ps2 cuz both games on the Ps3 sucked. I got Fifa 09 last sunday and the first game I played I was really impressed by the graphics, all the licenses and by the presentation. BUT like always the Gameplay disappoints me. I disliked it more with every game I played. I never feel like I'm in controll of the players. The passing is lame and so is the shooting, so I don't know what everyone is talking about.
I haven't played the Pes Demo yet but I'm really hopping for a good Footygame this year since I bought the Ps3 for Footy games only.

Yeah, the comments that have been made are very fair, last year for the PS3 I got both PES2008 and FIFA08 and to be fair FIFA started to attract me, it was the first FIFA game I had bought in a decade since FIFA98 and I was impressed, although I will say that I feel the players and kits look a lot better on pro, the individual control over the players and the skills were amazing. I am still a pro fan through and through and only use pro on the PC because once you patch etc and add the stadiums it feels soooooo realistic. I have gone for both on the PS3 again this year and I am awaiting the arrival on PES 2009 and already have FIFA09 which again was impressive, I just don't understand why PES has stopped using the right analog for tricks and skills??? it baffles me because they can see that it works oh so well for FIFA. I will just have to wait and see what PES 2009 offers me.

Yeah, the comments that have been made are very fair, last year for the PS3 I got both PES2008 and FIFA08 and to be fair FIFA started to attract me, it was the first FIFA game I had bought in a decade since FIFA98 and I was impressed, although I will say that I feel the players and kits look a lot better on pro, the individual control over the players and the skills were amazing. I am still a pro fan through and through and only use pro on the PC because once you patch etc and add the stadiums it feels soooooo realistic. I have gone for both on the PS3 again this year and I am awaiting the arrival on PES 2009 and already have FIFA09 which again was impressive, I just don't understand why PES has stopped using the right analog for tricks and skills??? it baffles me because they can see that it works oh so well for FIFA. I will just have to wait and see what PES 2009 offers me.

Just use the left stick for the tricks, it's the same kind of stick then the right one! But if you play with D-pad i can understand a bit of your grieve but hey, i'm comfortable with the change, already gave me some unpredicting marseille roulettes that turned out to work really well...

The main difference between PES and FIFA? The fact that in FIFA, players don't kick as soon as you release the button; they have to land on a foot before they can do so. Look closely at the replays and you'll see that they plant their foot along with their momentum. The reason why PES has 'faster' response times is because is usually just cuts the animation straight to kicking. Heck, sometimes you can even see the player's legs magically moving to meet the ball! Lightning quick response from the players, huh.

I enjoy PES because, well, it's more free-flowing. It's faster. There's more action, etc. It's more of, say, a game than FIFA. FIFA is now, quite honestly, a simulation- people are right in saying that you have to keep ahead of the game and all that, and I understand how that gets frustrating. When I get tired of being very tactical, I play PES for the fun!

The main difference between PES and FIFA? The fact that in FIFA, players don't kick as soon as you release the button; they have to land on a foot before they can do so. Look closely at the replays and you'll see that they plant their foot along with their momentum. The reason why PES has 'faster' response times is because is usually just cuts the animation straight to kicking. Heck, sometimes you can even see the player's legs magically moving to meet the ball! Lightning quick response from the players, huh.

I enjoy PES because, well, it's more free-flowing. It's faster. There's more action, etc. It's more of, say, a game than FIFA. FIFA is now, quite honestly, a simulation- people are right in saying that you have to keep ahead of the game and all that, and I understand how that gets frustrating. When I get tired of being very tactical, I play PES for the fun!

What a load of *****, in PES a player doesn't react straight away if the ball is too far away from his feet.

Also your second point, Fifa is just made to look(!!!) more realistic (which it does) cuzz loads of people were complaining of it not being realistic. But it doesn't play that realistic at all. At some points it's more realistic than PES (other way around at other points) but the game feels way too scripted and doesn't give me that anything-can-happen-at-football-feeling (which would be pretty realistic) that PES is giving us for years. And also at PES you can get very tactical (like always), so now they made fifa with a lot tactical options it suddenly is the "tactical game"????

Tactical not in the sense that it has 'tactical options', my friend, but that you have to measure all your passes like in real football. If you play on manual, that is.

Also, by reaction time I mean when the ball's right in front of the player, within kicking distance. Obviously if it's out of kicking distance players would have to move, that was in football games since the beginning! Go watch replay videos, you'll see, for example, when shooting.

I'm not sure which version of FIFA you're playing? This year's effort is very, very credible, more visible (and playable) improvements over last year, which was already quite good!

At the very least, I don't experience clipping issues like what I get in PES. Having players' legs and arms and heads stuck through each other is a pretty common sight, and while it's been reduced this year, the faulty collision detection only points to me that it's impossible for the ball to be much better either.

That said, like I pointed out, PES is still more -fun- to me, even if its unpredictability is characterised by the problems it has with passing :D This year's graphics are also much-improved, and better-optimised, too. Definitely not surpassing FIFA (yet, I still hope), but more than enough for enjoyment of the game.

I'm not bashing PES or FIFA here, not elevating either above each other, so please chill out a little with your responses. Remember, fun does not necessarily mean realistic or vice versa.

Last edited:
It will be interesting later this year when the new Fifa and the new Pes games are released....I'll tell you what though if the new PES has the same look as the previous two games I'm not even going to bother with it. I really hope they change the graphics engine and especially those damn sunday league nets! Nothing bugs me more than those awful looking nets....that's my Pes cross to bare and I have no earthly idea why Konami decided to change them in the first place as they were just fine before!

It will be interesting later this year when the new Fifa and the new Pes games are released....I'll tell you what though if the new PES has the same look as the previous two games I'm not even going to bother with it. I really hope they change the graphics engine and especially those damn sunday league nets! Nothing bugs me more than those awful looking nets....that's my Pes cross to bare and I have no earthly idea why Konami decided to change them in the first place as they were just fine before!

By all accounts, pes 2010 will blow us away...

...heres hoping!!!

yup the nets are f*cking disgrace

Have you guys been reading on Fifa 2010? Some real sick stuff being dropped already. Most people who played the 50% done game said that it ruined Fifa 09 for them, thats how good the game is so far. 360 degree dribbling by far is the best part of all the info Ive heard. Konami have ahuge mountain to climb. Huge.

Dont feel bad I have converted as well, but not lost some little tidbit of faith for PRO b/c of the great PC editors on this sight but as for the Xbox 360 FIFA is my new go to game, but hopefully PES 2010 can be my master league on the PC (kinda of like having a girlfriend on the side??? hahaha)

yup the nets are f*cking disgrace

You are 100% right on the nets a disgrace, do they not even watch Professional games on TV over at Konami???

The nets are an abomination hahahaha the nest from PES 6 are 10x's better

I actually Posted a new tread on various forums to get Konami's attention on this issue, post on it so they know we don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom