PC Blurry graphics (PES 2012 Demo)

Not.SlyPee

i.Am.Me
6 November 2006
Lithuania
FK Zalgiris
I decided this deserved it's own thread to solve or at least know more what makes PES 2012 demo's graphics blurry for some (?) of us on PC.

Some questions:

1. Do you have blurriness
2. (Either yes/no) Write down your PC specs.
3. Did you find a way to reduce the blurriness, if so, share it.

As not so many people complain about it, I presumed, not all of us have it.

My own specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ x 2 ‎(2.81Ghz)
2.0 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4770 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
VRAM 512

I'm playing on 1650x1080 resolution, but trying lower res and windowed modes didn't help. (I guessed it would help, if it was just poor LOD)

I decided this deserved it's own thread to solve or at least know more what makes PES 2012 demo's graphics blurry for some (?) of us on PC.

Some questions:

1. Do you have blurriness
2. (Either yes/no) Write down your PC specs.
3. Did you find a way to reduce the blurriness, if so, share it.

As not so many people complain about it, I presumed, not all of us have it.

My own specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ x 2 ‎(2.81Ghz)
2.0 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4770 ‎(PS3.0/VS3.0)‎
VRAM 512

I'm playing on 1650x1080 resolution, but trying lower res and windowed modes didn't help. (I guessed it would help, if it was just poor LOD)

It's blurry on mine too but only in game. Menu screens are fine.

I think it's deliberate to be honest. If i remember correctly, PES11 had problems with jagged edges, around the players and the goal nets, so blurring everything fixes this. Would make sense to me anyway.

I wish it was clearer, but your eyes get used to it quickly enough.

It's not really related to hardware, it's just the way the graphics are at the moment. Perhaps they will sharpen it up for the second demo or the full game, and this is just the result of the game being unfinished. Plenty of stuff will be changed/improved for the full game, I'm sure of it. There's rarely parity between demo and full game in the case of PES.

I play in 1080p (1920*1080) and high graphics. The cutscenes are sharp, the replays are sharp, the menus are very sharp and clean, but the gameplay is slightly blurry, as if there's some kind of filter.

1. Yes.

Intel Core i7 980 3.33Ghz
Gigabyte G1 Assassin Motherboard
Patriot Viper Xtreme 12.0 GB RAM (1600Mhz)
2 HIS IceQ Turbo 6970's

(certainly not a hardware issue)

3. Nothing as of yet, fooled around in the Catalyst Control panel to no avail. Like ono said, it's probably intentional.

To be honest, I was absolutely thrilled to see the game have a softer, blurrier look compared to PES 2011. I always felt that 2011 had sharp lines and AA issue's and because of that, the contrast between the players and the pitch/stadium was very off putting. I only enjoyed night matches in 2011 (from an aesthetic standpoint)

Last edited:
I think it's deliberate to be honest. If i remember correctly, PES11 had problems with jagged edges, around the players and the goal nets, so blurring everything fixes this. Would make sense to me anyway.

I wish it was clearer, but your eyes get used to it quickly enough.[/QUOTE]

YOU ARE RIGHT..I think it is deliberate choice of Konami programmers...It looks little blurry because of aliasing issue..and I think they did it to make PC version more similar to consoles'one...Last year Ps3 version was ridiculous

Yeah, PES2011 was a bit jaggy, and I tried forcing anti-aliasing. Didn't do anything though, but the game became very choppy, so I just turned it off.

Perhaps they should add anti-aliasing for the PC version instead of blur.

The blurriness could be intentional, but I think it's just too much of it. Especially when replays and pre-game cutscenes have the same (or almost the same) sharpness as PES 2011.

I don't think it can be intentional - it makes it look a million times worse than 2011. Most people with the problem seem to have Radeon cards

I've a GeForce 9800GTX, and it's the same on mine. People without the problem are either lying or just can't see it. Probably the same kind of people who wouldn't be able to tell a PS3 game from a PC game. :P

Guys, the graphics are blurry because they compressed it to reduce the demo size. Relax, it was the same case last year as well.

Guys, the graphics are blurry because they compressed it to reduce the demo size. Relax, it was the same case last year as well.

Not on my computer it wasn't. Crisp and sharp as anything

And it's not like it's effecting every aspect of the game either - the cinematics etc look perfectly fine. It's just during the gameplay and certain replay shots

Sorry but all the previous years demos were sharp and graphically very good. This one is terribly blurry though and it's really annoying me more than the keepers. I'm still hopeful that the next demo will not have blurry graphics but if it does then I'll worry!

1. I have blurriness and stuttering.
2. 3.8 GHZ Quadcore, Radeon 6870HD 1GB, 8GB RAM, 24 inch monitor @ 1920x1200
3. Tried a few things in RadeonPro but nothing fixed either the blurriness or the stuttering.

Sorry but all the previous years demos were sharp and graphically very good. This one is terribly blurry though and it's really annoying me more than the keepers. I'm still hopeful that the next demo will not have blurry graphics but if it does then I'll worry!

I understand what you are saying mate. But let's rewind and go back to last year, don't you remember all the graphics talk in the demo though? The jagginess etc. Even people couldn't set the game to the resolutions they wanted because they were not available? And poof everything was crispy clear and the resolutions were there when the final game came out? I'm confident this is due to it being a demo again.

We shall see...

Last edited:
I have the same problem and I am on GTX 560 Ti graphics card. Both ATI and Nvidia users are suffering from this problem. The game is simply blurry by it's own nature because konami wanted to save disk space so they removed all the graphical and audio data!

1. yes
2. MacBook Pro with 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
3. the only way for me is to play on "Low" picture quality - no blur in that case. If i choose "Medium" or "High", the blur is thick and awful.

Last edited:
Yair (he's on these forums) released a mod that sorted it out.

It doesn't look good at all though. Even with 8x AA on it just ends up looking jagged. It must be due to compression of the graphics and the blur filter is used to disguise this.

1. Yes
2. Intel Core i7-740QM, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD5870M
3. Setting graphics quality to "low" removes all blur, forcing 4xMSAA even makes it look pretty decent (expect for the low-res stadium textures and during cut-scenes of course).

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, since it's way to blurry for an intentional effect. Play at low quality and force MLAA - it's still much clearer than the effect we are talking about.

1. yes
2. MacBook Pro with 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
3. the only way for me is to play on "Low" picture quality - no blur in that case. If i choose "Medium" or "High", the blur is thick and awful.

juce , if they didn't fix the blurry graphics in the final release then the solution will be only in your hands , the the keyword here is "lodmixer"
:BYE:

Back
Top Bottom