BlueChampion's PES 2010 Revolution Update v1 - Option File Attached!

bluchampblogger

League 2
6 June 2009
PES 2010 is a great game. I thought, with some tweaks, it could very well become the best ever football game on next gen consoles.

That's why I set out to make those tweaks myself. I play PES 2010 on my 120 GB slim PS3 on a 40" HDTV set to 720p, just to put things in perspective. And yes, I play 30min and 20 min matches and strictly no less than that. Matches of longer duration are where the game really blossoms beautifully.

When I set out editing player abilities, I had certain things in mind.

1. I wanted the pace of a game to be bit slower.
2. I wanted the player turns and movements to be a bit natural.
3. I wanted the opponent AI to challenge me.
4. I wanted the keepers to be a bit more competent
5. I wanted the superstars to threaten me like their real life counterparts
6. I wanted the final output to retain the essence of PES

In order to achieve the above, I did the below:

Reduce top speed by 10 points
Reduce dribble speed by 10 points
Reduce short passing speed by 10 points
Reduce agility by 10 points
Increase tenacity by 10 points
Increase teamwork by 10 points
Improve goalkeeper agility and keeper skills

Top speed is the 'off the ball' pace and dribble speed is the 'on the ball' pace. So if you want to reduce the pace of the game, you need to reduce both. I reduced 10 points and not more because if I reduce more the game could get a bit dull. We need to retain the joy, spirit and adventure of PES. In order to keep the 'PESness' there, I just reduced it by 10 points, after extensive testing. The short passing speed also needed to be reduced as it was ping-ponging all over the pitch. A reduction of 10 points make the ball roll very nicely and realistically.

The agility value had to be reduced as well because the animations did not really support some agility values. The player movements and turn looked very jerky and stuttered because of lack of animations. I just reduced 10 points of agility to strike a balance. This is not across the board because some of the special moves are determined by the agility values. For instance, you won't be able to do an elastico unless your agility value is over 85. So these things are considered while adjusting these values.

The tenacity has been increased so that your opponent AI can continue to challenge you for long periods of time. Also, they respond better when they are down. Teamwork increase means your opponent AI would put out some nice moves and attack you better as a unit. Basically, these are two attributes that helps the opponent AI than the human players. For goalkeepers, I've just got the agility value of the goal keepers to the 80s so that they make more reflex saves and second saves. The keeper skills are increased by 5 points for most of the keepers.

The result is awesome. I don't want to boast here. I'm not the first one to edit player value nor would be the last. This is no original solution of a genius. I just had the time and patience to do this. I've got a fantastic result and I want to share this with you guys. After the tweaks, PES 2010 is just simply incredible. You just can't stop playing.

All these changes have been done only for the below teams:

Chelsea
Man Utd
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Tottenham
Inter
Juventus
Milan
Fiorentina
Roma
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia
Sevilla
Atletico Madrid
Villareal
Bayern Munich
Marseille
Lyon
England
Germany
Italy
France
Netherlands
Spain
Brazil
Argentina

B]
Here is the link to my option file. Cheers and happy football gaming!
[/B]

All these were manually and painfully edited. No option file editors were used. So please show some mercy when you slag me. Do keep a back up of your file and apply this option file, which by the way has all the emblems and kits from WENB and JACKWHOBRA. Do play the game and report back here on your experience.

Last edited:
Cheers dude. I'll report back with my thoughts. It must of took a while to do so cheers :APPLAUD:

Thanks mate. It did take a while. Say about 15 minutes per team for about 30 teams. That's about 7 solid hours of editing. For me, it was worth the effort,absolutely.

Let me know if you liked the option file. I'm very eager to see the feedback of fellow football gamers!

I've also done exactly what you did with the speed bluchamp, reduced TS, ACC, & SPS in addition to LPS, also after extensive experimenting. Came out with very good results. With Agility though, don't think I have a problem with that because I thought reducing it would seriously affect player individuality.

As for tenacity and teamwork, done the same too. What made me actually believe to do so was Football Manager. I've used a FM > PES 2010 converter and noticed big teams with high stats in both attributes. Some of them even had high aggression. I've done all these changes on Barca & Real then played 2 games. Simply awesome.

I've also done exactly what you did with the speed bluchamp, reduced TS, ACC, & SPS in addition to LPS, also after extensive experimenting. Came out with very good results. With Agility though, don't think I have a problem with that because I thought reducing it would seriously affect player individuality.

As for tenacity and teamwork, done the same too. What made me actually believe to do so was Football Manager. I've used a FM > PES 2010 converter and noticed big teams with high stats in both attributes. Some of them even had high aggression. I've done all these changes on Barca & Real then played 2 games. Simply awesome.

What's this FM > PES10 converter that you speak of? Is this for the PC version of the game?

What's this FM > PES10 converter that you speak of? Is this for the PC version of the game?

Yes it is. But I use it also to edit my own players on the ps3 version. I do it manually. If anyone wants me to convert players stats then post your request by clicking on the link below :)

have got genie scout but need an all fm 2010 saved game.gortop did release something with last years fm2009 so i was able to do stats myself but need this years just so i can do players stats. if not i might have to trouble you lami!
Anyways sorry to hijack your thread bluechampblogger i tried your option file and it does make the game better although i played man city against man u in exhibition on pro level and in 2 matches man u who were computer controlled hardly threatened my goal even when i had tevez sent off after 20mins first game usually they are quiet dominant. will play some more with other teams i do like the feel of the game better but the attacking threat from comp teams seems to have dropped off re shots on goal. maybe because i play 10 min matches but then thats what i have alwaysed played.

johnking - thanks for trying it out. As I said I normally play 20 or 30 minute matches. The AI does play better when they are a goal down or when they really need to. I'm trying hard to improve the attacking instincts of AI. Hopefully I'll get a solution.

The assisted settings that I set for the opponent AI does not stay that way. As soon as the match begins the opponent AI resets its assisted settings. That's just bad and lazy. Wherever there is an option called manual, it should just leave the way set it to be, but it does not, if you know what I mean.

Hi. I gave this a quick test against another player (more important than against com). It felt better - though it is difficult to compare when not side by side. But it was definitely slower, more controlled, more time for shots etc.

The only problem is, as you know, you need to do this for every team really. Starting with Aston Villa!

just tried a couple of games and its a massive improvement, i was beginning to get fustrated by the unedited version, Great work mate!
Going to edit a few more teams myself, cant wait for V2

I downloaded the ootion file and transported it to my PS3. It works fine (well i checked player stats for most of the edited teams). However, when i try to start a match, i noticed that all the Premier League kist (except liverpool/ManU0 are messed up. For example, Man City's kit has the correct design but it has Wigan's emblem and sponsor on it. It's the same for all other teams.

Now when i check game data utility i have all the Prem kits copied over form a previous option file. Is it just a case of me deleting these kits, as your file (which i presume was built on top of an existing kit option file), interacts with mine?

Hope that makes sense. Cheers.

hey guys,i have some trouble and hope u guys can help me to solve it,i had a PS3 Pes2010 disk,it's just only have 2 languages : Japanese and English,i don't know what is the Version of it,some one tell me it's the Japan version,and i cant install any OF (UK&US ver.) for it,so what is the version of OF that i can use?Japan OF version? -> Where can i find that OF?Thank u guys 4 yours help!

Last edited:
I downloaded this file then extracted it. But when I opened it the file I am supposed to upload does not look like the usual safe data file. How and what part of this do I have to copy onto the ps3?

hey guys,i have some trouble and hope u guys can help me to solve it,i had a PS3 Pes2010 disk,it's just only have 2 languages : Japanese and English,i don't know what is the Version of it,some one tell me it's the Japan version,and i cant install any OF (UK&US ver.) for it,so what is the version of OF that i can use?Japan OF version? -> Where can i find that OF?Thank u guys 4 yours help!

You must have Winning Eleven 2010 then, not PES 2010. Its the same game, but yours is the Asian or Japanese version. Check the region on the back of the case. If its region 2 then its the Japanese version, but if its 3 then its the Asian one. I'm pretty sure you can find an OF for region 3.

Christy, I think, check this link as it has the steps to copying an OF.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1773359&postcount=1

This problem has happened with me aswell. I've copied bluechamps file over to my ps3, but i've not deleted the existing one. It's messed the kits up. Basically Man City have Wigans' emblem and sponsor on the shirt, and it's practically the same for all the kits that have been edited in.

Bluechamps option file required no individual copying of kits or anything. Just a big data file. Am i right in assuming Bluechamps OF was built on top of an OF which had all un-licensed kits edited in? If this is the case, do i just have to manually delete the kits from the OF i was originally using?

Hope that makes sense.

delete the kits in the option file you were using as bluechamps is based on the wenb option file for the kits (eg uniform data for say wigan on your option file might be say uniform 23 but on bluechamps it may be 64)so strips and badges may become mixed. i downloaded the wenb option file then put bluechamps edit data over the one in the wenb option file to try this out and everything is ok.

delete the kits in the option file you were using as bluechamps is based on the wenb option file for the kits (eg uniform data for say wigan on your option file might be say uniform 23 but on bluechamps it may be 64)so strips and badges may become mixed. i downloaded the wenb option file then put bluechamps edit data over the one in the wenb option file to try this out and everything is ok.

I'll try it when i get home. Cheers mate. I didn't want to delete them before finding out if this was definitely the problem. Thanks again.

Are you enjoying the option file?

BlueChamp did a project like this on Fifa09 and i carried it on, on Fifa10 but the editing on Fifa takes so long, and MM is so messed up, it wasn't worth it.

You must have Winning Eleven 2010 then, not PES 2010. Its the same game, but yours is the Asian or Japanese version. Check the region on the back of the case. If its region 2 then its the Japanese version, but if its 3 then its the Asian one. I'm pretty sure you can find an OF for region 3.

Oh thank u so much guy,u're so awsome,it's really region 3,plz tell me where can i find the OF for mah WE2010?thank alot again m8 :x

What do the Premier League kits look like in this OF?

I've deleted the kits from my previously installed OF, as it knacked them up. Now i've done that, there is no sponsor on any of the kits. The colours are right but the kits aren'ty done properly.

Any advice on what i should do?

What do the Premier League kits look like in this OF?

I've deleted the kits from my previously installed OF, as it knacked them up. Now i've done that, there is no sponsor on any of the kits. The colours are right but the kits aren'ty done properly.

Any advice on what i should do?

i did what i said to do and i have sponsors on kits, did you download the wenb option file then put that on your ps3. then put the edited data from bluechamp overwriting the wenb one on your ps3.for me everything was ok.

Sorry for the trouble mates! I thought I was clear and I thought it was simple for you to use my option file. Hope there was so serious issues.

I'm in the process of doing a v2 of the option file. I just hate that jerky movement when a player receives a pass. It kind of ruins the whole football feeling for me. I'm now in the process of arriving at the secret formula that would make the game 'LOOK' very realistic. I will release it some time next week, I hope.

i did what i said to do and i have sponsors on kits, did you download the wenb option file then put that on your ps3. then put the edited data from bluechamp overwriting the wenb one on your ps3.for me everything was ok.

Basically i originally had an OF installed (can't remember which one now. Had all prem/la liga kits/logos)

I downloaded this OF, and copied it over to my PS3. When i load the game, Bluchamps OF is working because i checked the stats of the teams/players. However, the unlicensed kits were a mish-mash of 2 different teams (for example, Chelsea's kit had somebody elses sponsor on)

So i manually deleted all the kits in the game data utility on my ps3, thiking this would fix the problem - as i was told BlueChamps file alreay had kits on and they must have been reacting with the kits on my original OF/

So after deleting the kits from my original OF, i'm stuck with some half-complete kits. They are basically the correct colours, except there is no sponsor or manufacturer logo on them.

It's not game breaking or anything, it's just a little bizarre.I think i'm going to have to delete all my Option Files and start again.

like i said download the wenb option file copy everything over to your ps3then put the edited file data of bluechamps over the edited data file of the wenb option file and you should have kits with sponsors on them.

awesome work on this edit file bluechamp.

the game now has a better pace, is far less jerky and gives you real satisfaction when you score a well crafted goal.

looking forward to v2.

Back
Top Bottom