Batman: Arkham Knight [PC/PS4/XB1]

I have only been playing this for about 3 hours now, but for me personally the Batmobile parts of the game just don't work.. They are just really poor and naff.

The actual game is just more Arkham, and I know they thought they needed to add something new to the game to make it feel fresh, but for me personally it is just awful and wish you could skip all the parts that involve having to use it.

On PC performance I have not noticed any real poor performance, the screen has flickered during cut scenes once or twice but general performance isn't bad - just the graphics are shite and a step down from the other Arkham games.

I got to play this last night on friends PS4 ... yes its pretty much more of the same, played a level where you used bat mobile for winching items and also got attacked by some seemingly instant spawned tanks and a heli attack which just felt confined and the bat car slide roller-skate feature thrown in to dodge on these levels ...

Same old with same graphics and just a bigger area to do the same with a roller skate bat car ... didn't feel that much more impressive. Maybe this franchise has had its day. I still feel it looks impressive but its looked like that for a few of them now so you just get used to it.

I love the Batman game. What I can't understand is why the hell did they put world of tanks in it. The tank battles suck and it's not what I want to play.

I can see the sequence of decisions that lead them to end like this and it's a horrible string of decisions, because I love the Batman parts of the game and it looks absolutely wonderful.

I'm glad that this game was borked on PC. BECAUSE IT SHUT THE PC MASTER RACE UP FOR FIVE MINUTES!!! :D

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

BECAUSE IT SHUT THE PC MASTER RACE UP FOR FIVE MINUTES!!!

Nah, we just moved onto other hi level detail games than console after refund to purchase yet another PC specific hi end than console game.

I'm glad that this game was borked on PC. BECAUSE IT SHUT THE PC MASTER RACE UP FOR FIVE MINUTES!!! :D

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually.

Game plays fine on my PC, no issues at all..

It just looks pretty shit graphically and a lot poorer than expected.

Plays fine on my PC as well pretty much maxxed out at 1080p, the problem is a couple of hours in I just find myself completely bored, already the batmobile stuff is boring and the story hasn't engaged me yet, think I'll forget about it for now and play more Witcher 3 :)

Pretty much finished the game now.

My opinion has not changed much during the game, it is much more the same as all the other previous Arkham games.
The story so far has been average, and
Scarecrow wanting to release fear gas upon Gotham.. I swear I have seen this story before *COUGH* Batman Begins *COUGH*
There was also lots of parts which have been annoying and pretty stupid.. What is the point of the part with Harley Quinn it feels it has been added just so they could say Harley is in the game.
The worse part of the story though is
when you find out who the Arkham Knight is, such a poor minor character and you know who it is about 3 hours before you actually find out

The Batmobile parts of the game just out right completely suck and wish they could be removed the game.

Overall this is the worse of the Arkham games IMO and would score the game 6/10

Last edited:
Everyone made a fuss about Arkham Origins not being a Rocksteady game but it's so much better than Arkham Knight in so many areas.

I have completed all the Arkham games and IMO got progressively worse.
The only problem is Arkham Knight has so many things wrong with the game, I loved the parts of Arkham Asylum where you just walked into a room and you took people out, it seems to have disappeared from Arkham Knight and it seems it is World of Tanks vs Street Fighter, yes there are stealth parts but they are few and far between and the batmobile stuff just doesn't work and becomes incredibly annoying.

I have still enjoyed Arkham Knight, it is just the worst Arkham game, I just don't understand how this has got so many amazing reviews.. $$$$$

The only problem is Arkham Knight has so many things wrong with the game, I loved the parts of Arkham Asylum where you just walked into a room and you took people out, it seems to have disappeared from Arkham Knight and it seems it is World of Tanks vs Street Fighter, yes there are stealth parts but they are few and far between and the batmobile stuff just doesn't work and becomes incredibly annoying.

I have still enjoyed Arkham Knight, it is just the worst Arkham game, I just don't understand how this has got so many amazing reviews.. $$$$$

The usual :)

I think it was still a damn good game. Yes the Batmobile is annoying as hell, and is being pushed down our throats from the get go. Still it´s the biggest Arkham Game till now, and thanks to the batmobile also the moast variable. Arkham Asylum will still be the best Arkham game IMO, at least for now. But if you ask me Arkham Knight was way better than BlackGate or Origins.
IMO the best to worst Arkham Games are as follows:

1. Batman Arkham Asylum
2. Batman Arkham City
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Batman Arkham Origins
5. Batman Arkham Blackgate

I think it was still a damn good game. Yes the Batmobile is annoying as hell, and is being pushed down our throats from the get go. Still it´s the biggest Arkham Game till now, and thanks to the batmobile also the moast variable. Arkham Asylum will still be the best Arkham game IMO, at least for now. But if you ask me Arkham Knight was way better than BlackGate or Origins.
IMO the best to worst Arkham Games are as follows:

1. Batman Arkham Asylum
2. Batman Arkham City
3. Batman Arkham Knight
4. Batman Arkham Origins
5. Batman Arkham Blackgate

It is debateable which one is the worst of Knight and Origins, but the story of Arkham Knight isn't great, the game has some pretty bad issues too.. You can glide kick someone and then glide 200 metres away then repeat the process. I loved the close combat of Arkham Asylum.
The story is also pretty weak the Arkham Knight reveal was very poor, but the whole Scarecrow story about him taking over Gotham by releasing a toxin in Gotham's air - swear I seen that before in a pretty famous 2005 movie. Also what is it with killing the joker and then have in 3/4 of the game.

Last edited:
I just got the game yesterday and for me, it is unplayable. My PC starts getting really noisy. I mean REALLY noisy. You can check my system specs below. This has not happened with any other game. Been playing a lot of the lastest games with the highest detail level set up (in some cases not ULTRA but HIGH or HIGHER details).

I don't know what the hell is going on and I doubt a simple patch will fix this. I suppose it's my VGA that goes out of control. I have no idea how to fix it or even how to pinpoint the issue to make my PC get quiet when playing it.

I just got the game yesterday and for me, it is unplayable. My PC starts getting really noisy. I mean REALLY noisy. You can check my system specs below. This has not happened with any other game. Been playing a lot of the lastest games with the highest detail level set up (in some cases not ULTRA but HIGH or HIGHER details).

I don't know what the hell is going on and I doubt a simple patch will fix this. I suppose it's my VGA that goes out of control. I have no idea how to fix it or even how to pinpoint the issue to make my PC get quiet when playing it.

I think the problem is the game is well known to be completely unplayable on AMD hardware.
The PC version is well known for having massive issues and the only people who have managed to run the game at any kind of level all have very high spec i5/i7's 16GB of RAM and minimum of 970's.

The game is completely unplayable apparently on all AMD graphics hardware.

The game is also being worked on by Rocksteady and they said it would be around November time that the PC version will have a fully working optimised version of the game.

I think the problem is the game is well known to be completely unplayable on AMD hardware.
The PC version is well known for having massive issues and the only people who have managed to run the game at any kind of level all have very high spec i5/i7's 16GB of RAM and minimum of 970's.

The game is completely unplayable apparently on all AMD graphics hardware.

The game is also being worked on by Rocksteady and they said it would be around November time that the PC version will have a fully working optimised version of the game.

Which, I suppose, means downgraded.

Batman Arkham Knight for PC has now had it's first PC patch to help fix the problems.

Good news - testing for the interim patch has been completed and it is now available for those who already have Batman: Arkham Knight for PC. As a reminder, below are some of the major fixes and improvements that will be addressed with this patch:

Reduced frame rate hitches
Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
Fixed low resolution texture bugs
Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUs

As always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.

We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Here is a screenshot of the new settings:
BATMAN.jpg

There is till clearly a lot of optimisation to be done to the game, running a benchmark on my system with the above settings gave an average FPS of 47, with a low of 33.

I will configure the settings later and make sure that I get a stable 60FPS.

Could be worth deleting BMEngine and BmSystemSettings in config file. It improved the performance for me, not perfect but it did run better personally.

Managed to play a few hours anyways when it first launched and it ran ok, problem was I found it mind numbingly boring, think I must be Arkham'd out :(

I completed them all previous and guess the reason why I maybe didn't enjoy Arkham Knight might be for the same reason I was all Arkham'd out.. Although I do think the reason why I didn't enjoy Arkham Knight was because the story sucked - who the Arkham Knight was sucked - But worse of all the Bat Mobile parts more than sucked.

Least now the PC version is becoming more playable, still along way to go before it is truly optimised and working better. A game like this should easily be playable at 60FPS on high settings on average hardware.

The Combat system in this game is one of the worst. All I do is press attack then counter and thats pretty much it.

Imo, Batman Begins on Ps2 was the best batman game. The combat system, overall atmosphere, graphics- all were great.

Unfortunate it never came on PC and I had to enjoy the game with 24 cinematic fps -.-

Just got round to playing this, quite enjoying it, although the Batman games are starting to get a bit samey now.

Still hate all that riddler trophy crap mind you.

Think I'm around half-way supposedly through the main story (just blew up the missile launcher).

Rest of the stories are okay, not sure if I can be bothered much with the likes of owning the road, bomb disposal and things of that ilk.

Don't feel there's as much Stealth as there used to be.

FD

Think I've all but completed it, just need to activate Knightfall (whatever the hell that is).

No way am I doing the riddler trophies, so I'll youtube Riddler part and I've gave up trying to complete the bomb disarm as I'm finding it ridiculously hard to defeat the enemies in such a small area, so I'll youtube that part too.

FD

Back
Top Bottom