away goal question

buttcrack

Arsenal
16 March 2007
i was playing chelsea in the master league european championship losing 0-1 at home in the 1st leg.. 2nd leg i won 1-0 and the game went into extra time, both team scored a goal each and the match ended 2-1 to me. agg score 2-2, i was thinking the match shld be decided on penalty but surprising i won the match on away goal.. is it right this way? :shock:

i was playing chelsea in the master league european championship losing 0-1 at home in the 1st leg.. 2nd leg i won 1-0 and the game went into extra time, both team scored a goal each and the match ended 2-1 to me. agg score 2-2, i was thinking the match shld be decided on penalty but surprising i won the match on away goal.. is it right this way? :shock:
Yes, seems right to me.

Im not so sure about that actually. How can an away goal count after normal time - there was no extra time in the first leg so it wouldn't be fair. I thought the standard practice was once it goes to ET in a second leg, away goals go out the window. Could be wrong ... but seems ridiculous to me.

I have an inkling that you are right Dougeh. I remember that from somewhere, and it does make sense.

it sounds weird to me aswell but could be true not sure, apparantely it is in the game:P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom