Assassins Creed

Lol true.

They need to move away from the repetative game structure. It was such a bore going through the motions time after time and even the assassinations themselves were boring. I won't be buying the next one until I see alot of customer reviews praising it...even then I will wait and see if people still like it a month on.

Just ordered this :)

assassinscreed2-illustration.jpg

Special Features

* Black Edition contents:
* Collectable black packaging with unique authentic holographic signature
* Rare "Master Assassin" upgrade Ezio figurine (see image below) - this limited edition collectable figurine of Ezio wears an upgraded cloak, something Ezio only has access to in the advanced stages of the game.
* 3 in-game bonus quests - enter and explore the most prestigious moments of the Renaissance. Reveal mysterious unique artifacts hidden within their walls: Palazzo Medicis in Florence, Santa Maria Dei Frari and Arsenal Shipyard Warehouse in Venice.
* Conspiracy Book - this 64-page finely crafted leather style hardcover and parchment-finish page book brings together exclusive insights on the game art, story and background, direct from the developers of Assassin's Creed II. Secret faces are also revealed from the game's overarching conspiracy.
* Game Soundtrack by Jesper Kyd (British Academy of Film and Television Arts nominee for "2009 Best Original Score in a Game")
* All videos, behind-the-scene interviews and e-goodies about Assassin's Creed II.
* Game features:
* Explore the beginning of modern history in an epic story of power, revenge, and conspiracy
* Master the art of the assassin with over 20 new weapons and inventions created by Leonardo da Vinci
* Experience open world gameplay with over 16 types of mission

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/10287842/Assassin-Creed-II-Black-Edition/Product.html

£69.99 Free Delivery

Nice one Placebo, I'm going to pick this up a week after release so I can read some reviews of the game. I don't want to buy it like I did with the first one and get bored of it after 2 days.

The problem with the 'poison' thing is they've only added it as a scripted kill rather than giving you Hitman style freedom to take out the target. So that bodyguard who kills the target for you, unless they're really imaginative you're going to get the same scene set up for you and the same kill each time you try that technique like the first game.

All they had to fix for AC1 was give us more kill styles but it looks like they've basically re skinned the first game and added a couple of very slight moves.

Thought the first one was brilliant, fair enough I probably haven't played as many of these type of games as some of you, but really liked it.

Will defo get the 2nd.

FD

I thought the first was alright but seeing as he was an Assasin he had as much skill and technique killing someone as a plumber with a wrench. Every kill you had to run right up to the target and kill them in front of everyone like an idiot and then run away and hide to escape. Repeat over and over and then you end with a boss battle.

It desperately needed some stealth and other techniques to kill like a bow and arrow or being able to stalk your target, monitor their routine and then strike by slipping poison into their drink at a party or sneaking into their bedroom and talking them out as they slept. Or breaking a chandelier above them as they walk under it ... the list of possibilites are endless and yet the morons on the first game only got as far as 'right, lets allow you to stab them at point blank range in full view of everyone.'

Last edited:
I hate that you have a gun in the second one but not a bow and arrow or mini crossbow or something, you're a stealthy assassin but have this big fuck off loud gun, hardly realistic is it? :(

What was that white lightning bolt thing that came out of his mind killing the guy on the rooftops all about?

Hmmm, guns. Not sure about that.

I was under the impression it was meant to be set in China, but it's in Italy.

FD

I've been playing this game again lately and I just realised that I have never used eagle vision. And maybe I'm missing something but what is the point of it? I can see what people that are guards and that, but why bother using it? Or can you use it instead of climbing up on towers to sync and get targets on your map?

I like these kind of games but it is way too scripted and repetitive. Hitman does it so beautifully. You can play Hitman missions over and over again trying different stuff, I love it and can't wait for the next game.

It was really strange how the guy seems so happy that they've added that feature, and that he thought it was worth mentioning.

Did you guys ever use the group of civilians that would help fight off guards? You unlocked them when helping the women accused of stealing. I never used them at all, I always escaped on the roof tops.

I think the money thing is a good idea though to get peoples attention away from you. I would love if they added bow and arrow for the player and let you do the assassinations from distance if you wanted. Then maybe force you to kill people from close range sometimes to mix it up so you have to escape the guards.

Back
Top Bottom