Assassin's Creed Unity

Err surely this isn't real...

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16801-a...graded-ps4-direct-feed-vs-bullshots-show.html

http://www.psmania.net/2014/10/assassins-creed-unity-bullshots-vs-in-game-graphics-comparison/

yFrs0xA.jpg

DeVnbbB.png

I mean WTF???

Those screenshots can't be real surely, they look very PS2.

The problem is Ubisoft like they did with Watch Dogs, showed off a Tech Demo running on a high end PC. I have always said the next gen consoles are incredibly underpowered, but to go from the Tech Screens to that is a shambles again on behalf of Ubisoft.. Hopefully the PC version will have all the visuals hidden again in a config file like WatchDogs was..

But again if next gen consoles can only run that @30FPS in 720p..
Picture0003.jpg

P.S. I wonder how bad FarCry 4 is going to look.

Either these are PS3/X360 shots, or Ubi don't know what they're doing with next-gen consoles. There are several titles already out on both consoles with better graphics at 1080p (on PS4 anyway).

Last edited:
Oh well Ubisoft have done it again..

Could also explain why the console version is so crap since they are all AMD:
If your going to make a next gen console game, which will mainly sell on consoles, don't let NVIDIA optimise the code.

"Aside from the widespread issues affecting the console versions of Assassin’s Creed: Unity, the PC version is also being hit by apparent performance concerns.

Ubisoft has said that those running either an AMD processor and graphics card are having trouble sustaining decent framerates at decent settings. There have also been reports of lag, crashing and freezes.

“We are aware that the graphics performance of Assassin’s Creed Unity on PC may be adversely affected by certain AMD CPU and GPU configurations,” the publisher said on its forums.

“This should not affect the vast majority of PC players, but rest assured that AMD and Ubisoft are continuing to work together closely to resolve the issue, and will provide more information as soon as it is available.”

It’s worth noting that some Nvidia GPU owners have also bemoaned the performance of the game. The general consensus is that it’s more dependent on a user’s CPU than a GPU, so those with high-end Intel processors are apparently getting better results."

It's quite strange, in the forums I'm reading there's about 95% of people reporting bugs, glitches, crashes, poor performance, and there's a small number of people posting these wonderful screenshots and saying they're getting a stable 60fps with everything maxed out, they do seem like legit posters and not paid shills but would anyone put anything past UbiFraudSoft?

It's quite strange, in the forums I'm reading there's about 95% of people reporting bugs, glitches, crashes, poor performance, and there's a small number of people posting these wonderful screenshots and saying they're getting a stable 60fps with everything maxed out, they do seem like legit posters and not paid shills but would anyone put anything past UbiFraudSoft?

In every objectively broken games forums, there are some smartarses with 'game works fine for me, if it don't for you, you suck' kind of comments. After watch dogs I just don't even bother with following what Ubisoft up to making next anymore. Didn't even heard of this new AC game until few days before release.

says it all imo:

YouTube - Let's not play Assassins Creed: Unity yet

Last edited:
I cancelled my far cry preorder because of this despite loving far cry 3. Can't trust ubisoft.

If they haven't fucked it and reviews are good will buy it.

Finally gave this a go last night, the FPS is cutscenes runs at about 20FPS and you notice quite a few drops, but when playing the game it does seem to run a lot smoother although it still drops quite often - Playing the game on MAX settings.

This game has been extremely badly optimised considering the fact it looks really pants and seriously last gen.

Just to note I have seen/had no problems at all with Far Cry 4 and it looks absolutely stunning

$24.49 for the Xbox One on GameDealDaily, which Google works out at £16.06. Surely worth that?

Sorry to drag this up again, but recently completed it.

It was quite good, but was actually the least enjoyable one I've played.

God knows how many they are going to churn out, it's my favourite series of games but just seems to be no ending in sight, it's getting to the stage now that you're character is really a no-one from now on and there's no connection with your character outwith the Assassin.

FD

Back
Top Bottom