Assassin's Creed : Revelations

I think you should stick with Brotherhood, I thought it was fantastic. For me what made it so good was the variety of things to do; it never felt like I was doing the same style of mission over and over.

My mate had his delivered this morning from Base.com

TAU6H.jpg

Impressive.

I just borrowed the first one from a mate today. Have heard great things about it so I'll be trying it out and hopefully going through the whole series over the coming weeks, including this latest one which comes out shortly.

I just borrowed the first one from a mate today. Have heard great things about it so I'll be trying it out and hopefully going through the whole series over the coming weeks, including this latest one which comes out shortly.

You picked the wrong one to borrow.

Enjoying the first one so far - a nice break from football or formula 1 racing ;) - so I will hopefully get through it soon and knock off the others in the series in time to play the latest one while it's still fresh.

I'm behind the times with all these good games but planning to catch up on a lot of them.

Enjoying the first one so far - a nice break from football or formula 1 racing ;) - so I will hopefully get through it soon and knock off the others in the series in time to play the latest one while it's still fresh.

I'm behind the times with all these good games but planning to catch up on a lot of them.

1 was fun for a while got real boring real quick. I picked up 2 used for 13 bucks. Try it its a treat you'll like it.

I really enjoyed the first one, was a bit repetitive, but was the first one, was the original, and brought the whole main idea forward.

Tbh it was one of those games, you had to get fresh and complete, to then compete in all the theories afterwards. Your see why after you finish it, I loved it, the setting was amazing, the free running mechanics. Yeah the side mission things were a bit boring compared to the later ones.

But, I remember all the talk about what happened, where number 2 would be set. So yeah you missed out on all that excitement, seeing as they are already out haha. Hopefully Revelations does the same regarding the setting for III :D

I finished work early at about 11:30, and travelled to GAME in town to see if they did do a midnight launch. There seemed to be, as there was a queue, was small at that time, was so tempted.

But I have a £5 deposit at a different GAME, but even then, my GF said I am not allowed it, as she bought the last two, she must buy this one for Christmas for me too :( haha, think the fiver was refundable luckily. If not she can get something else haha.

Haha nice one. Tell your girl if she waits that long, you'll spend the whole festive season playing it ;)

The setting on this one is good and I look forward to my travels to...Italy? Is that right for number 2?

I could do. Just not sure, with Skyrim out, Saints Row 3 Friday, even Halo Anniversary today. Will have to think, haha as can trade in Uncharted 3 and get any of them for a fiver, tough decision, was originally thinking, get Skyrim, then let her get Assassins, providing the deposit can be changed.

But yes number 2 is indeed Italia ;)

Ahhh the homeland :) I will look forward to getting it. Actually I went out for a walk from the office at lunchtime and saw a few games 2nd hand for rather cheap. Assassins Creed 2 being one of them. Also saw Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Saints Row 1 and GTA IV. I'd like to play them all eventually but might go through the Assassins Creed series 1st.

Where am I going to find the time for PES haha. Maybe I will have to trade in FIFA 12 after all :P

Ahhh the homeland :) I will look forward to getting it. Actually I went out for a walk from the office at lunchtime and saw a few games 2nd hand for rather cheap. Assassins Creed 2 being one of them. Also saw Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Saints Row 1 and GTA IV. I'd like to play them all eventually but might go through the Assassins Creed series 1st.

Where am I going to find the time for PES haha. Maybe I will have to trade in FIFA 12 after all :P

I play PES 5 once in a while but it can't compare to FIFA 12.

Already completed ACR and the ending still left me confused... Hopefully they'll continue the AC series possibly with another character as they did mention this was the last one with Ezio did Ubisoft.

Honestly thought ACII was the best for me, countless weeks spent finishing that game off :LOL:

Enjoying the first AC so far. Not sure if i'd be going back to get 1000 gamer score as I'd rather spend that time finishing off the other games. Maybe I'll buy them and finish them off fully in due course. Good fun so far though!

Quick question here but I'm just playing the first AC and am wondering about whether you can go back to any level once you've finished the game?

For example, once I finish the game (doing the main missions), can I skip back to any memory I've completed to finish the optional side missions (informers and save citizens) where I haven't finished them? Or do I have to start again?

It'll probably be too late now as you may already have your answer, isn't there a big memory timeline thing you can click on any memory?

Just started Revelations the last couple of days, really enjoyable, glad I'm able to play as Altair again. Story going well, although I'm not sure if there are any of the puzzle type quests anymore, have they been replaced by the animus memory parts that are found in the maps?

FD

Thanks mate. I'm about 1 memory away from finishing AC2. I have Brotherhood sitting there waiting to be played ;)

I was reading on the AC wiki the other day that they removed those puzzles from Revelations. Not sure if it was altogether or significantly.

Just started Revelations the last couple of days, really enjoyable, glad I'm able to play as Altair again. Story going well, although I'm not sure if there are any of the puzzle type quests anymore, have they been replaced by the animus memory parts that are found in the maps?

FD
Replaced, yep. I enjoyed Revelations much like the others. I hope everyone watches or has watched AC: Embers after playing through this.

Will give this a watch after I've completed it.

For me these are probably my fav series of games, love the story (although I prefer the older times, not Desmond) and the graphics are just amazing.

FD

I'm 90% through the 2nd game and it's freakin amazing lol. A lot of the beauty lies in being able to walk around these cities as if you were really there. Climbing some of the towers is actually scary when you jump off the top haha

Just completed Revelations, brilliant game and I'm always sad when I come to the end of it.

Will still need to do the whole animus sections though to go into all the desmond memories and will mess around with other bits and bobs.

Seems that this is the end of the renaissance era's that have been used, seems Egypt might be the next place.

Tbh, I'm not a big fan of playing as Desmond and the thought of playing in an actual present city kinda may put me off the series.

Sad to see the end of playing as an Ezio or Altair.

FD

I think I'll have to grab this one. Surprised myself by not buying it when it was released but I blame BF3 and Skyrim for the distraction.

I don't get how AC will work in present-day, yeah you can go climbing buildings and slicing everyone up with swords/daggers when all your enemies have to counter you is melee weapons or crappy guns that do no damage, but in the present day when people are bound to have shit like assault rifles, snipers, vehicles etc. it may not be so easy... Unless Desmond somehow comes into a lot of money and becomes Batman...

Still, I like the AC storyline and watched my flatmate play through the story so I'm keen to find out how it finishes.

Watched Lineage and Embers last night.

Was wondering if the Chinese (I presumed) Assassin girl might be a future character, although if going into the more recent times then that's a no-no.

FD

Back
Top Bottom