All singing and dancing Microwave

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
Right I know this is a bit lame, but I'm sick of Microwaves packing up on me!! I will shortly be on my 7th...THIS YEAR.. and there is still two months to go.. I upgraded from a perfectly working Micro I had had for some years and to be honest if it was not for the paint beginning to rust around the vents I would probably still have.
I now it seems somewhat foolishly thought I would go for an All singing and Dancing Combi oven and Grill... Oh! how foolish I was, The first lasted but two days, in fact it gave up the ghost when confronted with its mortal enemy... the jacket potato, it threw in the towel after a mere 3 Min's..
Now armed with the knowledge of the Potato war, the replacement was given two to battle and past with flying colour's or so I thought, for it had all been too much for the thing, and so in the night it's little green clock gave up with an ear splitting beep, that as well as putting the craps up my other half scared our two cats to death and had them attacking each other with tales as bushy as Racoon's...
And so it went with one falling after the other, sometimes they would last a giddying month and sometimes it even seamed I was ready to throw away the box in the garage, but alas they spluttered and popped their way to big compliance in the sky and in one case just carried on microwaving with the door fully open, as if sensing the ones that had gone before it and thought it would do me first... And so we come to the latest Toshiba offering, with me now the wiser with full instant replacement cover, I somberly box up another departed box of tricks, and have to travel back to Curry's, and there have the staff who now know me as the Micro killer, watch as I depart with the latest victim... :roll:

WTF mate, do you live on microwaveable food? If so stop, buy Pot Noodles, surely you wouldnt go through kettles as quick. ;)

We just got a new kettle.

We had one when I was born that lasted us until I was about 15, then the next one lasted 6 years, and the last one lasted just over 1 year (just outside the warranty, tossers). Who says things aren't built to last any more...

Feck me, I sound more like my dad every day...

WTF mate, do you live on microwaveable food? If so stop, buy Pot Noodles, surely you wouldnt go through kettles as quick. ;)
I live on instant noodles, we have a fab Chinese supermarket where i can get the king of instant Korean noodles...

http://noodleson.com/review/2005/08/26/shin-cup/

It's jacket potatoes and re heating pizza my micros can't take.. :lol:

My parents have had 2 Microwaves in their lifetime! both Manufactured by Sharp and they have both been excellent! The first one they had is as old as me about 23 years old. The new one is about 4 years old and is awesome! It does Oven and Grill and I think its Convection or Convention stuff. Cant recommend them enough to anyone wanting a Microwave!

Update on the Microwave front, now on No 9!! No 7's turntable decided it would not turn again a few weeks ago, so I took it back much to the amusement of my family and friends for a replacement unit. The replacement was fine until last week when it started making little smoke signals from the top, as though a small Indian were stuck inside. This was followed by a bang and yet another trip to Currys... Where I am now on first name terms with many of the staff. After explaining for the umpteenth time what new fault I had, they kindly gave me free choice of any replacement unit... I am now on "lucky" number nine, a nice £240 Panny. Fingers crossed....

We've had the same microwave for ten years.

I seriously think your house has a microwave hoodoo on it. Did the last occupant of the house invent the microwave by any chance? Or did he die in a microwave-related fatality?

I am having it re wired. my washing machine has gone south too, the main computer board packed up had three guys out to look at it and I am waiting for a part now..
Maybe I need a kitchen exorcism!

It must be the wiring then surely, I'd be worried about it getting a few too many volts and turning my kitchen radioactive!

You want to get that looked at or your new one will only blow up like the others. We've got the opposite problem here - it seems like there's not enough power, or not enough shielding. If someone turns a light on then all the TV pictures in the house (i.e. freeview, not when you're on the 360 or anything) lose the sound for three seconds.

Pain in the arse but we've started walking around the kitchen/bathroom in the dark now. Cheap and easy solution, and saves us money on the electricity bill as well.

It must be the wiring then surely, I'd be worried about it getting a few too many volts and turning my kitchen radioactive!

You want to get that looked at or your new one will only blow up like the others. We've got the opposite problem here - it seems like there's not enough power, or not enough shielding. If someone turns a light on then all the TV pictures in the house (i.e. freeview, not when you're on the 360 or anything) lose the sound for three seconds.

Pain in the arse but we've started walking around the kitchen/bathroom in the dark now. Cheap and easy solution, and saves us money on the electricity bill as well.
:LOL: now that is seriously weird..

I bought a £20 quid microwave from Argos and It works perfectly. Had it for two years - No problems.

It heats stuff up. I don't use it too often but still.

9 microwaves is waaaaaay too many - Thats crazy talk in anybodies language!!!

Yeah there is something defo wrong with your wiring.

That just ain't right.

My parents have had theres for about 15 years - we have had ours for 3 years (It cost 15 pounds from argos)

I have never heard of anyone having problems with their microwave before.

Yep 10 and counting, Curry's tomorrow to get my latest victim, it was funny up to a point now it's like an inevitable fact,I just wait for the latest one to pack up... I'm going to get my next one blessed by a Shinto priest! :SS

I had a cheapo £15 one from Argos lasted me all three years at Uni. Still going strong to this day. In comparison, my Panasonic microwave at home lasted about a year before it burned out. I think it's all these fancy features that mess the microwaves up.

Got No.10, the store manager himself came out to look after me, given I spend so much time in his store he must have figured it was the least he could do... I am taking bets with my mates and family on the life of the latest offering... :DD

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You want to get that looked at or your new one will only blow up like the others.

Come on Nick, get the electricians out, I don't want you to grab the mouse one day and shock yourself to death (which reminds me, stay away from Wrexham's results page ... ha ... :COAT:).

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Come on Nick, get the electricians out, I don't want you to grab the mouse one day and shock yourself to death (which reminds me, stay away from Wrexham's results page ... ha ... :COAT:).

i had the electrician over looking at the new lighting upstairs, he took one look in the electric cupboard and said if you want my advise turn everything off and get some candles, you may be right and definitely on the Wrexham count... :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom