Alan Wake

Looks great. I loved/hated how scary the original silent hill made me feel walking through a misty abandoned small town. This looks like it will be even better with the "enemies" more humanlike and less zombie like (hoodies near the end of the vid). Hopefully that will be the case for most of the game as it seems a lot is from his own nighmares.

It's not so much the zombies I'm looking forward to - God am I sick of zombies, it's like heads of games companies say "we only have one rule for you games designers, you must include either zombies or WWII themes".

But apparently you have to do everything that needs doing in the day, because at night, that's when they come out. And with each passing day, the daylight gets shorter and the nighttime lasts longer.

I think that's such a cool idea.

It's not so much the zombies I'm looking forward to - God am I sick of zombies, it's like heads of games companies say "we only have one rule for you games designers, you must include either zombies or WWII themes".

But apparently you have to do everything that needs doing in the day, because at night, that's when they come out. And with each passing day, the daylight gets shorter and the nighttime lasts longer.

I think that's such a cool idea.

I Am Legend style :)

Thats why i dont entertain most FPS and went off Silent hill

I like a game to be a bit beliveable

I got bored with Silent Hill although it was very scary (film is awful!) but this sounds great. Don't think it will be as good as Resident Evil 5 though! THAT will be a stonker (yes I said stonker!)

Hopefully to make it really, really, really, really good.

HL2 took 5 years, Bioshock took quite awhile aswell IIRC. GTA as been in production for quite some time. Resi5 was announced.... years ago? The top, top games just need a lot of time to make them as good as they are. I dont mind, I would rather them take another year to make a briljant game then it to end up a "meh / its alright" game that could have been great.

New Alan Wake Trailer At Max Payne Finnish Premiere

Finnish developer Remedy will be showing a new Alan Wake trailer at the Finnish premiere of Hollywood flick Max Payne on October 15th says Website Pelaajalehti.com. A Finnish source tells game site VG247 that this is "100 percent true". So Finnish readers living in Finland, mark you calenders — October 15th!

Could be interesting if there were lots of adventure / puzzle phases. When they first talked about the game, I never thought it would develop into an action game as it seems now. Let's hope there's a good balance between action, adventure / puzzling and depth of the script.

Visually it's very good, I love how they show the town for the first time. It remains me of "Twin peaks", that's why I would like more characters, interaction with the people on the town, having to discover things, etc...

They removed the sandbox element of the game. Im really disappointed. I hope its still going to be good though.

Im disappointed with that clip as well

Didn't know it was a Silent Hill-esque game

Im disappointed with that clip as well

Didn't know it was a Silent Hill-esque game

Aye, I saw some footage from a show a few months back and I felt a bit disappointed. Lots of Silent Hill/Res Evil shooting with monsters or something.

I was expecting Heavy Rain, it looks like a really nice Silent Hill I guess. Still interested but nowhere near as much as before I saw the footage.

"Alice? Honey?"

Alan I'm upstairs I have..."

"Hello anyone here"?

"...a surprise for you"

-

Graphics look lovely, still not keen on the aiming with your touch thing because with it being so dark and the bad guys being black when you aim at them you cant see a damn thing with all the light everywhere.

Last edited:
Game looks interesting. The scariest game I ever played on PS2 was Fatal Frame Crimson Butterfly. This game really left me traumatized for months. I have yet to play a game this spookie. Hope Alan Wake can be just as scary.

Back
Top Bottom