AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!

Re: AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!sheva reconfirms love for milan!

Chicago Fire 1 - 1 AC Milan @ Half-time
Rolfe 22' - Vieri 21'

AC Milan
Starting Lineup

* 12 - Valerio Fiori (GK)
* 2 - Cafu
* 3 - Paolo Maldini
* 10 - Manuel Rui Costa
* 11 - Alberto Gilardino
* 13 - Alessandro Nesta
* 14 - Johann Vogel
* 23 - Massimo Ambrosini
* 27 - Serginho
* 31 - Jaap Stam
* 32 - Christian Vieri

Crappy display, we're just strolling around the pitch, credit to the Fire for playing good football, Fiori made a breakaway save and another good save on a shot from inside the box. Great early cross by Maldini that found Vieri unmarked 8m in front of goal, his header was saved by the keeper but he slotted in the rebound with his right foot from 1m out. Quiet debut by Gilardino so far, two easily saved shots on goal and one wide. He's still on the pitch, kicking off the 2nd half. Bbl.

holl shit the fire are really taking it too milan, they have hit the post two or three times, and had other chances, but great second goal by milan

FT Chicago Fire 1 - 3 AC Milan
Rolfe 22' - Vieri 21', Gilardino 76', Serginho 93'

Hehe whoa what a 2nd half, great pace and tempo, almost like a competitive game. They hit the post twice and the crossbar once, Fiori had a very good game with several nice saves, a wicked reflex save on Billy's own-goal bound deflection. We obviously didn't deserve the 3 points but that's football :D Was really surprised at the way the Fire played, some really neat footy! Samuel Caballero had an awesome game. GILARDINO scoring, one of his easiest goals ever, in his debut, not that unexpected ;) Serginho's goal was nice too, a rocket in off the bar!

All credit to Chicago Fire, they really deserved to win!

Gila Gila :D :D :D

mms://a1503.v115042.c11504.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/11504/v0001/mlbmls.download.akamai.com/11504/2005/open/gp/archive07/072705_acmchf_gp_384.wmv

Goals of the match.

Open with Real or WMP.

How come every major team in preseason seem to have tough games?
No one has come away with a big impressive win.

It's also due to fitness-levels of the teams. North/South American and Asian teams are halfway through their domestic leagues while european teams obviously have just had their summer holidays :)

Wow!! What a game. Maybe not UEFA Championships quality, but not pre-season either!

Those Chicago misses were crazy.

Awww! I was at the game last night with a friend and i almost cried with pride. lol. They played their hearts out and deserved the win after dominating whole stretches of the second half. I wanna pimpslap Andy Herron for missing both of his one on ones with the keeper. Selfish player at times, too.

The place was going nuts when we hit the bar a couple times. . . but that's footy, eh?

Serginho's goal was amazing. Just fierce. It was great to see some of the greatest legends of the game in person, too. After seeing Real Madrid last week, too, i am in heaven right now.

Columbus Crew beat Fulham 2-1 yesterday, too, so not a bad showing from MLS against preseason Euro teams.

Tonight is Chelsea vs Adu's DC United. . . CSaunders. . i know you'll be there.

Silly to comment and draw any conclusions from this friendly, essentially just a small part of Milan's marketing juant through the U.S., but what the hell.

1. Vieri's really gotta think about diggin really deep or retiring and enjoying the good life. Based on the last two performances, unfair I realize, this guy ain't fit enough to play in the MLS, let alone for Milan.

2. Chicago put on a fine performance. The entire team received their PhD's in "Finishing" courtesy of Milan. Yes, Chicago have to create chances -- but you also have to finish. This should have been a 3-3 draw, in the very least.

3. Uneventful, but Gila scores his first goal in a Milan shirt. Lucky he got that opportunity because essentially there was very little playmaking to be had.

4. Class is class. Nice opportunity for all Chicago footy fans to see Maldini, Stam, Nesta, and Pirlo.

From what I understand, the entire Milan squad was very gracious at the practice and meet and greet the day before the game. The opposite was true when Madrid came through Chicago a couple of weeks ago.

nice post Siroco. I heard great things about the Milan players and the fans. Lots of fans had jerseys with signatures all over them.

Milan's goals were all nice and the finishing is where the Fire did themselves in. Also their lack of incisive passing in the final third of the field was frustrating.

Still, nice job for a league that's only a decade old.

I agree, Chicago fire were unlucky :(
But not Forgetting Fiore did more than great job, I was schocked !! :|
Cabarello was so great on the right !!

Gila didn't get much chances, Two chances : one a goal and the second in the keepers hand !!

Vieri : No much change, But I still have faith in him !! :-s

but for sure : Man of the match would be Fiore or Cabarello !!

ghazi said:
nice post Siroco. I heard great things about the Milan players and the fans. Lots of fans had jerseys with signatures all over them.

Milan's goals were all nice and the finishing is where the Fire did themselves in. Also their lack of incisive passing in the final third of the field was frustrating.

Still, nice job for a league that's only a decade old.

Was it just me or did Fire remind me heavily of PSV's style of play?

The GK Thornton looked pretty big himself. Great game by Milan's Fiori whos been there for like 7 years and only had like 8 games in total lol.

ghazi said:
Awww! I was at the game last night with a friend and i almost cried with pride. lol. They played their hearts out and deserved the win after dominating whole stretches of the second half. I wanna pimpslap Andy Herron for missing both of his one on ones with the keeper. Selfish player at times, too.

The place was going nuts when we hit the bar a couple times. . . but that's footy, eh?

Serginho's goal was amazing. Just fierce. It was great to see some of the greatest legends of the game in person, too. After seeing Real Madrid last week, too, i am in heaven right now.

Columbus Crew beat Fulham 2-1 yesterday, too, so not a bad showing from MLS against preseason Euro teams.

Tonight is Chelsea vs Adu's DC United. . . CSaunders. . i know you'll be there.
22 of us going bro,
DC UNITED!!!
DC UNITED!!!

Milanista said:

The GK Thornton looked pretty big himself. Great game by Milan's Fiori whos been there for like 7 years and only had like 8 games in total lol.

Never seen PSV play before (new to European soccer). What reminded you of it?

Thornton looked like a beast in those highlights. Some great saves!

Milanista said:

Thornton is a beast of a man. he weighs about 240. In a power kick competition he nailed a ball at 85 mph. Lord have mercy.

D.C United 1-2 Chelsea
Crespo
Duff
(( Don't know who scored DC goal ))

Crespo scored his first goal for Chelsea in his NEW start !! :)

Sorry for the forth post

Today :

Milan - Chelsea
@ 10 PM (GMT +3)
@ 9 PM (Italia time)

Enjoy the Show guys :D:D:lol:

i getting the 3rd (Black) but im confused dont know who to get Maldini or Gatusso...

and im also getting some other stuff from Milan Store.biz Neckless,Bracelet,Umberlea

i may get the home & away latter....

Back
Top Bottom