About 3rd kit

NiTrO.Tn

-Stark`
6 March 2010
Play3Live have, recently, had an interview with Kei Masuda and Ippei Nio from the PES Team ..
They discussed about PES 2013 ..
Play3Live asked about 3rd kit and its possibilty to be included in the next game ..
Aurons-nous le droit à un troisième kit de tenues pour les équipes présentes dans le jeu?

A l'heure actuelle, la demande ne semble pas assez forte pour cette possibilité. Cependant, comme toujours, la PES Team reste à l'écoute des fans et pensera à cette possibilité si les fans la réclame en masse.
Source

in English
Will we be able to play with third kit for teams in the game ?

Till the hour, the demand on third kit doesn't seem strong enough. However, as always, PES Team is listening to its fans and will think of adding 3rd kit if they insist on this demand

So we ought to ask for 3rd kit through facebook and twitter ..
what do you think ?

the demand on third kit doesn't seem strong enough

tumblr_m2cm92eauH1qevfdu.png

Lol... konami... I remember Jon Murphy blamed the lack of third kits on the engine and also promised them for PES 2014 (I think!).

I like how they say they will "think of adding 3rd kit if they insist on this demand". Obviously lost in translation a little, but it comes across all wrong to me.

Probably doing it so they can add them anyway next year and say look, we listened to the fans...

i think now need select kits for parts.
Shirt, Short and Socks.
For example actually in PES 2012 if i want to play
Chile vs Spain it's imposible to make reallistic kit combination with current system.

2.png

1.png

the solution it's simple, make the kits for parts like this, only changing the shorts of spain's 2nd kit:

yes.png

I used to love having all the variations of kits on KitServer back in the day, it was awesome! Hoping that Jenkey can do it again but not looking likely this year.

Definitely the most pathetic issue for non-implementation of a game feature ever. I'm sure you could mix and match kit parts in PES5, I'm sure!

Yes you could, but as I said, licensing put paid to that. I guess the kit manufacturers had issues with their home and away kits being mixed in potentially unrealistic ways.

Pathetic I know, but that's how gaming is these days. Big business rules.

i think now need select kits for parts.
Shirt, Short and Socks.
For example actually in PES 2012 if i want to play
Chile vs Spain it's imposible to make reallistic kit combination with current system.

2.png

1.png

the solution it's simple, make the kits for parts like this, only changing the shorts of spain's 2nd kit:

yes.png

In Winning Eleven 10 / PES 5, we had the options to change the shirt, short, socks, before Konami took it out.

Yes you could, but as I said, licensing put paid to that. I guess the kit manufacturers had issues with their home and away kits being mixed in potentially unrealistic ways.

Pathetic I know, but that's how gaming is these days. Big business rules.

Well, it is pathetic but at least it's realistic to some extent. There are plenty of teams who don't give a toss and will quite happily mix and match the parts of their various kits to avoid a clash, but there are also loads who never break up the home kit. You never see Barca, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc playing in the home shirt with different coloured shorts. They'll mix up colours on the 2nd and 3rd kits, but not the "iconic" home kit... that's a very deliberate club image/branding thing, which is presumably the issue here. There are ways of getting round this, theoretically, but considering Konami don't even use the correct shirt number font on half the licensed teams, they're not going to give a toss about this kind of thing, are they?

As for third kits - I just wonder if you have to pay 50% more again to license a third kit, or whether you just buy the kit rights all-in. I've got no idea how it works. If it's the former, we have our answer as to why they've never done it; if it's the latter then their laziness is truly appalling.

Roma have always been the worst team in PES for this - I always wanted to play a season with them but never could, because of their red-white-white home kit and white-white-white away kit. Milan have generally had the same problem. Without the black third kit (and the option of mixing and matching shorts) it's a nightmare trying to play 50% of the other teams in the game away from home. Maybe they've now got the black as their away kit in PES, I can't remember... but it's a totally ludicrous situation anyway.

Yep, I think you are right Pere. In most cases kit mixing is unrealistic and against the club image.

Milan and Inter were prime examples of how useful kit mixing could be in PES5. Both teams had all white away kits, providing the option of wearing white shorts (and socks) with the home shirt, which is something both teams regularly do in the real world.

It would be nice if kit mixing could be done on a club by club basis for those clubs (like Milan) that regularly wear alternate home shorts and socks.

As for third kits, they really are a must for next year. Too often I come across unavoidable kit clashes. Even an option in the edit mode for user created third kits would be something.

As for third kits, they really are a must for next year. Too often I come across unavoidable kit clashes. Even an option in the edit mode for user created third kits would be something.
Doesn't help when some teams have pointless away kits which Konami put in the game, and when you play two of those teams against each other, it doesn't resolve any kit clashing issues whatsoever.

For example in PES2012, playing Celtic against Sporting or St. Etienne, almost unplayable as a result. For Konami to blame the game engine or lack of demand is nonsense, FIFA !cough! has had third kits in the game for years.

Back
Top Bottom