A match I refereed yesterday...

Agree with you totally. Andy Gray is the worst, he's a complete fucking cockend. Talks shit all game and then slates the ref, so the stupid general public watching just take what he says as correct and therefore everyone thinks the ref was wrong and is against refs.

i can't actually take being a ref seriously, the best thing to do is to give 50/50 on every foul to be fair :)

Refs always get the shitty end of the stick whether they are right or wrong. When they get a decision right it hardly gets mentioned but they get something wrong in the eyes of the press and they get pilloried. Something needs to be done about it really to stop the negative press and allow refs to do their job with less pressure being heaped on them

In the premiership for example there is so much money riding on each game that a decision a Ref makes can make a big difference.

But I do think that Pundits etc should be more responsible when commenting on certain things.

Basically if people start mouthing off to the ref and trying to intimidate him - then those players doing it should be sent off straight away. Then when 3 players get sent off in one go, then all the abuse will stop.

Action really needs to be taken - its ridiculous the abuse refs get.

If the ref makes a mistake then it should be reviewed afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom