Your Worst Accident...

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
Mine would have to be when I was the Hit in a Hit and Run when I was nine. I was run down outside a takeaway near where I live and was hit so hard the people in the takeaway say they lost sight of me in through the shop window, I came to earth by the side of the road with internal bleeding and a smashed femur, my leg the wrong way round and my foot behind my head... The Women never stopped but handed herself in to police 2 days later... I was in traction for 2 months and a full leg and hip cast for 8 more... It was a bad time as a kid...:DOH:

I have a much funnier one involving a school trip to France, bad Kung fu, Draught Stella and a 3ft wall.. but lets hear some of yours...;)

Either getting pushed off one of those rickety bridge things on climbing frames and breaking my arm when I was 3. Or at Cubs when we were going to play football at the park for practice for a tournament but it was raining so we played inside and I smashed my foot on a wall trying to kick the ball. Although I still managed to play in the tournament with a broken metatarsal and be top scorer :lol:

It was just yesterday actually, I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea, and I accidentally spilled some of the hot tea on my hand as I was picking it up! It really hurt for about 5 minutes!! OUCH! ;)

I've never really had an accident, been lucky I suppose, and I've done my fair share of stupid things, just never managed to do much damage.

Once I dropped a knife handle first down one of those waste disposal units in a sink when I was in America, I tried to grab it (by the blade :spaz face: ) and cut my hand open, but it wasn't that bad.

How boring. Maybe I'll get electrocuted tonight:SS

It was just yesterday actually, I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea, and I accidentally spilled some of the hot tea on my hand as I was picking it up! It really hurt for about 5 minutes!! OUCH! ;)

I've never really had an accident, been lucky I suppose, and I've done my fair share of stupid things, just never managed to do much damage.

Once I dropped a knife handle first down one of those waste disposal units in a sink when I was in America, I tried to grab it (by the blade :spaz face: ) and cut my hand open, but it wasn't that bad.

How boring. Maybe I'll get electrocuted tonight:SS

You my friend have either led a very quiet life or your God loves you... There is always the saving it up for a biggy thing too.. Avoid thunder storms :lol:

Or at Cubs when we were going to play football at the park for practice for a tournament but it was raining so we played inside and I smashed my foot on a wall trying to kick the ball. Although I still managed to play in the tournament with a broken metatarsal and be top scorer :lol:
It's the modern boots you know, if you'd have had some Doc's on you wouldn't of felt a thing
:-D

Ditto, I was never unwrapped out of the cotton wool as a kid for long enough to do anything. And as an adult my motto is "slow and steady wins the race".

I was in a boat that flipped over because of a big wave though, when I was about 12. Scariest experience of my life, your life really does flash before you. I thought I was dead, all I could see was blue and a light in the middle, and while all these memories flashed through my mind I suddenly surfaced and realised I'd just breathed in a gallon of seawater.

My sister nearly died, her foot got trapped in some rope attached to the side of the boat, we were all looking at eachother and screaming "WHERE'S HELEN" (as best we could, when you're in shock you sound like a complete mong, "WERRR RRERRERA!!"), but in the end she surfaced. She was calm enough to slow down, look at her feet, untangle the rope and swim up. If that was me, no fucking chance, I'd be a goner. I didn't even realise I was still alive for God's sake.

What sticks in my mind the most is my dad saying "you don't need a lifejacket on, we're not going out far, don't be a fucking baby". My brother-in-law put one on me a few minutes later, without him noticing - if he had he'd have torn it off, just the kind of bloke he is. And if it wasn't for the brother-in-law, I wouldn't be here boring you with this story today.

Ditto, I was never unwrapped out of the cotton wool as a kid for long enough to do anything. And as an adult my motto is "slow and steady wins the race".

I was in a boat that flipped over because of a big wave though, when I was about 12. Scariest experience of my life, your life really does flash before you. I thought I was dead, all I could see was blue and a light in the middle, and while all these memories flashed through my mind I suddenly surfaced and realised I'd just breathed in a gallon of seawater.

My sister nearly died, her foot got trapped in some rope attached to the side of the boat, we were all looking at eachother and screaming "WHERE'S HELEN" (as best we could, when you're in shock you sound like a complete mong, "WERRR RRERRERA!!"), but in the end she surfaced. She was calm enough to slow down, look at her feet, untangle the rope and swim up. If that was me, no fucking chance, I'd be a goner. I didn't even realise I was still alive for God's sake.

What sticks in my mind the most is my dad saying "you don't need a lifejacket on, we're not going out far, don't be a fucking baby". My brother-in-law put one on me a few minutes later, without him noticing - if he had he'd have torn it off, just the kind of bloke he is. And if it wasn't for the brother-in-law, I wouldn't be here boring you with this story today.
Parents... the last people who should be in charge of kids...;)

I was playing footy with my mates back at primary school on a concrete playground. I took a ball in the face and went down funny, fractured my collar bone and was out of action for a few weeks!

THis one time at Secondary school I was playing doubles tennis and my partner managed to smack me square in the gob with his racket taking out half of one of my front teeth!

Cancer (testicular...the big taboo for men)...in retrospect, it's the best thing that ever happened to me...

Fifteen years after i became father of a beautifull daughter and 18 years later of a son...and that from sperm that was frozen at a time i was thought i would die...never won the Tour de France...and never had Sheryl Crow as a girl friend...but i have my wife, better than 10.000 Sheryl Crows...end of the fairy tale.

The thing is, I put myself in situations that should get me hurt, and far more often than everyone else does but nothing ever seems to happen to me.

Examplem, I jumped out of my bedroom window onto the patio when I was about 13 because I was bored and I was fine. Around the same age, my mate tried to climb over a very small wall, slipped, and broke 3 ribs.

Also, since I was about 4 I've been told that if I'm not careful somebodies gonna knock me out one day for being cocky or rude or something, yet for the 21 years I've been alive, the closest I've had to a fight was 2 pushes and a 'fuck off' after a party when i was 15.

I must be doing something right.

boring fact 10314: My sister's called Helen to JB!

Ive hardly had anything happen to me. When I was a kid, about 6 or so, I tried filing a "hot water bottle" to take with me to bed. Spilt the boiling water over the bottle and on my hand. 2nd degree burns I think it was. Other then that not much. Oh and took an overdose when I was about 3 or 4 with orange flavoured aspirin's. I thought they tasted nice :D

Actually, Ive fell on my head twice in a bar when I was a kid. Both times sitting at the bar, once I fell backwards and split my head open, second time I got knocked forward off the stool and smacked my forehead against the bar. Got scares from both of them, although you can hardly see them. Never been the same since.

Guess I have had quite a few accidents, although I can hardly remember any of them.

I was playing footy with my mates back at primary school on a concrete playground. I took a ball in the face and went down funny, fractured my collar bone and was out of action for a few weeks!

THis one time at Secondary school I was playing doubles tennis and my partner managed to smack me square in the gob with his racket taking out half of one of my front teeth!
I lost a molar with a cricket bat to the jaw Ouch, did you have it capped !!

Last edited:
Cancer (testicular...the big taboo for men)...in retrospect, it's the best thing that ever happened to me...

Fifteen years after i became father of a beautifull daughter and 18 years later of a son...and that from sperm that was frozen at a time i was thought i would die...never won the Tour de France...and never had Sheryl Crow as a girl friend...but i have my wife, better than 10.000 Sheryl Crows...end of the fairy tale.
:applause: I've broken a lot of bones, been badly scalded, shot with an air rifle and a cross bow, been stabbed 4 times, had alcoholic poisoning three times, OD'd, been in three bad car wrecks gone through windows, nearly drown under a pool cover, done some crazy things. But the big C. I can't imagine it!!

The thing is, I put myself in situations that should get me hurt, and far more often than everyone else does but nothing ever seems to happen to me.

Examplem, I jumped out of my bedroom window onto the patio when I was about 13 because I was bored and I was fine. Around the same age, my mate tried to climb over a very small wall, slipped, and broke 3 ribs.

Also, since I was about 4 I've been told that if I'm not careful somebodies gonna knock me out one day for being cocky or rude or something, yet for the 21 years I've been alive, the closest I've had to a fight was 2 pushes and a 'fuck off' after a party when i was 15.

I must be doing something right.

boring fact 10314: My sister's called Helen to JB!

Definitely a biggy saver... you'll be assassinated in a mistaken identity killing..:SHOCK:

Actually, Ive fell on my head twice in a bar when I was a kid. Both times sitting at the bar, once I fell backwards and split my head open, second time I got knocked forward off the stool and smacked my forehead against the bar. Got scares from both of them, although you can hardly see them. Never been the same since.

Nothing to do with underage drinking then..

:applause: I've broken a lot of bones, been badly scalded, shot with an air rifle and a cross bow, been stabbed 4 times, had alcoholic poisoning three times, OD'd, been in three bad car wrecks gone through windows, nearly drown under a pool cover, done some crazy things. But the big C. I can't imagine it!!

Are you a drug dealer or a stuntman?

Nothing to do with underage drinking then..

Not being able to remember you would think so. But no, I was about 2 or 3 years old at the time. But it pales to what you've had........

How the f$%k can you manage to get all that done in one life time?!

How the f$%k can you manage to get all that done in one life time?!

220px-Petedoherty.jpg

He's Pete Doherty.

Probably about 6 months ago when I tried to hop over my fence out the back, it was about 6 feet high and had the wooden plank spiky things and concrete things holding it together, I had a hoodie on and took it off in case it tangeled on the spikes, I needn't have worried, the Arsenal jersey I had on tangeled with it, I took a huge leap only to be thrown back into the fence and the new jersey ripping and me having massive scars down my back.

Smooth :lol:

god gerd that brings up bad memories for me, my dad had the same thing, while he was in chemotheorpy i thought it would be a good idea to sit down and watch fight club with him.... worst moment of my life, and im not fucking kidding(i had no idea what the movie was about)

Hmmm, some chav across the road who was about 10years older than me through a rock at my head once.

Don't have a clue why it happened. Those were the days when kids in the same road used to hang out and go to the park. Think i must have been after his sister who was mighty fine!

Fell off my bike face first after running into the back of my mates bike. Stupid twat braked suddenly. Chipped my front tooth which had to be filled in.

For reasons unknown I was also pretending to surf on a log during a day out and fell into a big group of stinging nettles. Shorts and T-Shirt of course!

Broke my wrist playing in goal at a football academy. Never went in goal again. I was a very decent keeper.

on august 2000 i found myself onboard of a 45 foot bavaria (sailboat), 50 miles away from the sardinia south coast, in the middle of a storm (10 level beaufort scale, for those who know what i'm talking about)...... i was alone.

it might not sound that scaring, but it was.
i broke 1 leg, 1 arm and 2 ribs.... i was very very lucky :D

on august 2000 i found myself onboard of a 45 foot bavaria (sailboat), 50 miles away from the sardinia south coast, in the middle of a storm (10 level beaufort scale, for those who know what i'm talking about)...... i was alone.

it might not sound that scaring, but it was.
i broke 1 leg, 1 arm and 2 ribs.... i was very very lucky :D

Were you on a mission?

It sounds like you just woke up on the boat - I thought you were going to say you were out drinking the night before on a Stag do :LOL:

Were you on a mission?

actually i was on holyday. and it was a nice vacation, except the gale, of course.

It sounds like you just woke up on the boat - I thought you were going to say you were out drinking the night before on a Stag do
:lol:
well maybe the phrase "i found myself" is not really correct :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom