Who will you support in Euro 2008?

Jumbo_

-
17 August 2006
Manchester
Manchester United
If like me, your country isn't involved in the tournament (because we didn't qualify, not because we're not from Europe :DOH:), who will you be supporting and why?

I want someone that will go far, so I don't have to switch half way through, but I haven't decided between Spain or Italy yet.

Spain: because like England, they have the players to do well, but never do! Never won a major tournament, could this be the year? Probably not.

Italy: Just class, play great football, I've always liked them, and I've been getting back into Serie A recently. Being world champions they could well win it, so I feel like a glory hunter.

DISCUSS!

Greece - They showed that a little luck can take you a long way and Celtic seem to possess that luck too!

Sweden - Most of you will know why. If you don't I will say one word. Henrik.

i'll just be hoping the Liverpool players do well and come back with no injuries, i'll probably be favouring Spain obviously, but i'm not really arsed who wins as long as the games are entertaining.

Why? Just because of a couple of pricks doesn't mean everyone in Spain is like that.

And I care about football at Euro 2008. Not some racists.

Portugal. Always have been my second favourite team after England, followed by Holland.
Both countries produce some of the best young talent in Europe.

I won't be supporting a team as such, but I'd like to see Croatia do well because they've got a very good manager and a very positive way of playing football. They don't seem to fear anyone. There's a good article in this month's FourFourTwo about them.

Out of the big sides, I'd like to see Spain do well. Some good players but they need to shape up in order to stand any chance of winning the competition - they remind me of some other national team... Hmmm... Haha, actually no, that's a massive insult to Spain.

Going for Italy would be like going for Brazil, where's the fun in that? I've had enough of Brazil, Italy and Barcelona thanks to FIFA (and I'm sure it's the same in PES). So Croatia for me followed by Spain. I hope Germany do well too after being such amazing hosts in 2006. And I hope Portugal get hammered 10-0 every game. :mryellow:

I'll support Italy of course. But if we don't manage to get through the first stage (damn hard group from those odds) I'd support Portugal, maybe. Hope it is not necessary though :D

As far as I know, Reina, Alonso, Arbeloa, Torres, El Moro and Little Garcia aren't racists :D

Besides there will be some new spaniads joining the LFC family after the championships no doubt.

Portugal or my wife will kill me :) and by the looks of things so will this legend...

getimage.asp

Holland though I don't fancy the draw, always been my second nation ever since the Johan Neeskens days.. Also I had a very nice time with an Arabella who I met on a plane to Corfu..... She was from Lisse, ahh she was studying in Manchester... Lost her address when she moved back home.

Oh that Arabelle from Lisse...join the club mate...oops...

I will support Switzerland or Sweden, because they're not really favourites...
But in the end i don't care, if the winner plays good football and i see some good matches i'm glad. When i was younger i hated German football, in the last WC i think they were great and i really loved them...i also enjoyed Greece at the last EC...

100px-Portugal_FPF_crest.png

Me and the missus ALWAYS support them, even before Man United signed Ronaldo. They are long-due a trophy.

If/when they get knocked out - SPAIN. Again, they are long-due a trophy and do have the players to win it. Especially looking forward to seeing Torres in the Euro's this year :)

As long as Italy, Germany & France don't win it - I'll be happy!

Back
Top Bottom