WC 2010 Qualifying - discussion thread

i have one question,,,who win group :
SERBIA or france ???
I hope it will be us :D
SRBIJA LE SRBIJA OLE OLE
SAMO JEDNO IME ZNAM KRALJEVINA SRBIJA....

Messi, Tevez, Aguero, Lavezzi, Milito, Lisandro, Zarate, etc.

does he really need Gimenez?!

He has set up two squads .One which will be the European based contingent.

This is the 'domestic' Clausura contingent for the friendly against Panama.

Nonetheless the level of the Mexican league is weaker than the Clausura so try some of the younger playmakers even Valeri who has not had as good a season as last time.

He still refuses to call up Higuain and Cavenaghi. :(

But no doubt Palermo, Denis or even Sand will feature ahead of them. Maybe even Bergession. :FAIL:

Nikola I hope Serbia make it too. ;)

Should be interesting when it kicks off the police are going to spray trouble causes with a special dye... Red and green.
Aparantly does not wash off for a while and instant deportation if you get nabbed...

Should be interesting when it kicks off the police are going to spray trouble causes with a special dye... Red and green.
Aparantly does not wash off for a while and instant deportation if you get nabbed...

Luckily in one way the Portuguese fans wont be affected as it looks unlikely they will qualify which will be a real shame as they also play open attacking football.

Its a stupid idea. If you are an innocent bystander walking past and happen to get sprayed I guess that means you'll be deported too ?

Wonder which idiotic politician came up with this idea ? :RANT:

Portugal really are struggling to make it to South Africa. If they didn't score in the last minute I think it would have been the end but they've given themselves a chance.

The team isn't really good, and some of Queiroz choices were damn dodgy but god damn it Queiroz sucks at this! Never have i seen such a "Big Star" team struggle this much to qualify.
Ronaldo is the exact example of the i don't give a f*** about my national team and in this one im 101% with Pinto da Costa when he said: "He can score from 30 yards against Porto yet he misses from 30 centimetres in the national team" its sad because it is true..
Then using the likes of Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Deco, Nani all players that barely played this season or have been playing consistently recently.
I think we shouldn't qualify for this world cup, we won't make anything, we can't even sustain a 1-0 for 1 minutes for gods sake!!! That's embarrassing...
All in all we have a crapy team full of names that only give a damn f*** if they would get as much money for playing in the national team as they d in their teams, and i dare any1 to question this. The time of the great players that, even without such results, still had passion for the team and gave it all for playing for Portugal and running for the Portuguese flag, is now gone.

cameroun 0 - 0 morocco
too bad we had better chances to score but el hamdaoui wasn't on his day

The team isn't really good, and some of Queiroz choices were damn dodgy but god damn it Queiroz sucks at this! Never have i seen such a "Big Star" team struggle this much to qualify.
Ronaldo is the exact example of the i don't give a f*** about my national team and in this one im 101% with Pinto da Costa when he said: "He can score from 30 yards against Porto yet he misses from 30 centimetres in the national team" its sad because it is true..
Then using the likes of Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Deco, Nani all players that barely played this season or have been playing consistently recently.
I think we shouldn't qualify for this world cup, we won't make anything, we can't even sustain a 1-0 for 1 minutes for gods sake!!! That's embarrassing...
All in all we have a crapy team full of names that only give a damn f*** if they would get as much money for playing in the national team as they d in their teams, and i dare any1 to question this. The time of the great players that, even without such results, still had passion for the team and gave it all for playing for Portugal and running for the Portuguese flag, is now gone.

Ahh the days of Figo and Rui Costa...

I am more interested about your midfield than Ronaldo or Nani etc. How are the likes of Raul Miereles, Moutinho, Danny, and Miguel Veloso performing. What type of players are they?

Well first of all, and to add to Queiroz weird choices, we don't use Moutinho or Miguel Veloso, instead Queiroz uses Pepe as DMF, Meireles as CM and Deco as the free Playmaker. Meireles i can perfectly see that coming but pepe as dmf? deco that doesn't even play as playmaker? If thats how Queiroz wants us to win anything we won't just because we are playing players out of their position, playing rather well i must say but we can't finish and our defense (Duda--Ricardo Carvalho--Bruno Alves--Bosingwa) just isn't good enough.
Queiroz needs to sort this out or eventually he will be fired just like Quique Flores in benfica atm. Because here in Portugal every1 has their expectation 2 high... like we can acheive f*** in anything like this...

Costa Rica won 3-1 against USA and 3-2 at Trinidad and Tobago!!
They are leader of the group!!
Mexico is only 5th for the moment!!

Well first of all, and to add to Queiroz weird choices, we don't use Moutinho or Miguel Veloso, instead Queiroz uses Pepe as DMF, Meireles as CM and Deco as the free Playmaker. Meireles i can perfectly see that coming but pepe as dmf? deco that doesn't even play as playmaker? If thats how Queiroz wants us to win anything we won't just because we are playing players out of their position, playing rather well i must say but we can't finish and our defense (Duda--Ricardo Carvalho--Bruno Alves--Bosingwa) just isn't good enough.
Queiroz needs to sort this out or eventually he will be fired just like Quique Flores in benfica atm. Because here in Portugal every1 has their expectation 2 high... like we can acheive f*** in anything like this...

I can see the logic behind some of Queiroz's ideas. Pepe for me isn't that good of a defender, he's very good at bring the ball out and its something United tried a few years back with Ferdinand and since Portugal are lacking in that Position I can its a good idea to try it. I have no idea why Deco is ahead of Moutinho :SS Thats a wierd one. Your also missing Danny who is a real good prospect, and a huge loss. The front three is pretty easy with Ronaldo and Simao on the flanks with Almeida.

I think you can't look past Spain for the WC at this moment in time but anything can happen at a WC

There are basicaly 2 starting formations for Queiroz and they are:

Simao---H.Almeida---Ronaldo
-------Deco-----------------
----------------Meireles----
---------Pepe---------------
Duda----------------Bosingwa
----R.Carvalho---B.Alves----
----------Eduardo-----------

Or

Danny---H.Almeida---Ronaldo
-------Deco-----------------
----------------Meireles----
---------Pepe---------------
Duda----------------Bosingwa
----R.Carvalho---B.Alves----
----------Eduardo-----------

Both basicaly the same but with the only difference of Danny for Simao and any of the these always changing flanks with ronaldo. In theory it could be a great team if all the players started in their clubs and if they played in those positions, which doesn't happen for some.
If we actually qualify we are going to have a real hard time winning a game just like we did in these last group games. Full of overhyped names team, seems like a dream team gone bad.

You lot either need to stick Ronaldo straight up top, or discover a new lethal striker, because Almeida is crap, and you're just not scoring goals.

Yep, Ronaldo uptop is a option but from a United and selfish point of view I prefer if hes played on the wing, I hope he can get back to his best of 2 seasons back.

Another struggle for Argentina to overcome Colombia 1-0.

A backline of Dimi-Diaz-Heinze would struggle against a club side.

Gago out wide right ? Oodles of space for the opposition down the flanks at pace. No compactness of cohesion as in 2006 and no fluidity.

Argentina has produced some of the brightest talents since 2006 yet older faded players are persisted with. Veron recalled again albeit he actually managed to get passes through to Messi.

No Higuain still. Just because he decided not to turn up for the u20 WC in 2007. :RANT:

No Gonzalo or even Pareja who turned round Espanyols fortunes at the back. Drops Carizzo for Andujar who'd struggle to catch a cold.

With him in charge no way is there a chance for sucess in 2010.

Faore Islands 0:2 Serbia (Jovanovic,Subotic)

1.Serbia 7matches 18pts
2.France 5 10
3.Lithuania 7 9
4.Austria 6 7
5.Romania 6 7
6.F.Islands 5 1.

ROONEY ENGLAND ANGER

Wayne Rooney reacted with fury after his second half substitution in the 6-0 win of Andorra at Wembley yesterday.
Rooney said "I was disappointed to taken off, but the most important thing was the win."

Think I could get a job at The Sun or Football365?

Argentina lose again, to Ecuador 2-0. Maradona is the tinker man...

Monsieur Hulot could do a better job of managing Argentina than this clown.

The second half was completely abject. Argentina may well struggle to even make it to South Africa.

Wonderful choice of manager. :RANT:

I think you need a solid and steady back four and core, he can swap and and change all he wants to on the wings and upfront, but he needs to find a stable and strong defence and play some games without changing it...

Back
Top Bottom