V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

Bro. Your mod is exciting. But it has a little big problem: referees are mad. They see penalties and faults where there arent. If you could make an update with standar referies it becomes perfect. I hope you see this message

Bro. Your mod is exciting. But it has a little big problem: referees are mad. They see penalties and faults where there arent. If you could make an update with standar referies it becomes perfect. I hope you see this message
It exists. Place this mod below any other mod to get vanilla referees.

FMM (fifamod)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vubyx8qwih7wb3c/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fifamod/file

FMT
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d87hwytlcukjg5/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fbmod/file

hi everyone i'm new here i have a question. this mod can't use trivela shot (Hold L2 + Circle) - (Hold LT + B)?

hi everyone i'm new here i have a question. this mod can't use trivela shot (Hold L2 + Circle) - (Hold LT + B)?
Are you sure it´s mod issue? I can´t do the finesse shot correctly L2 + Circle even in the Vanilla gameplay. It´s a mess trying that shot considered to previous FIFA´s. You can switch them on and off in settings, Mate. Maybe you know that already, but for me it have nothing to do with Paul´s mod.
I missed that shot since FIFA 18, where it was possible to hold L2 and press twice circle for a flat finesse shot. Never got it why EA cuts that awesome looking shot in front of goal.

Are you sure it´s mod issue? I can´t do the finesse shot correctly L2 + Circle even in the Vanilla gameplay. It´s a mess trying that shot considered to previous FIFA´s. You can switch them on and off in settings, Mate. Maybe you know that already, but for me it have nothing to do with Paul´s mod.
I missed that shot since FIFA 18, where it was possible to hold L2 and press twice circle for a flat finesse shot. Never got it why EA cuts that awesome looking shot in front of goal.
But theoretically finesse is R1 and trivella is L2 but that might depend on having a player with the correct trait to be able to pull them consistently.

But theoretically finesse is R1 and trivella is L2 but that might depend on having a player with the correct trait to be able to pull them consistently.
yes i mean trivela L2. i can use trivela pass trivela cross but when i press trivela shot. it nothing happened

yes i mean trivela L2. i can use trivela pass trivela cross but when i press trivela shot. it nothing happened
This has been happening for me too on this mod, for the past few releases. If you try an L2-shot, the player will kind of stutter and become unresponsive instead of shooting.

I need help, how does one keep the ball in general? Any tackle by the enemy and the ball is lost - taller, slower, enemy defenders can catch up to the ball before my supposedly faster player can get to them, I lose balls in silly ways... I'm not saying the mod is bad or anything, I actually really enjoy it and I've had quite a good matches in it, but those questions remained with me

I need help, how does one keep the ball in general? Any tackle by the enemy and the ball is lost - taller, slower, enemy defenders can catch up to the ball before my supposedly faster player can get to them, I lose balls in silly ways... I'm not saying the mod is bad or anything, I actually really enjoy it and I've had quite a good matches in it, but those questions remained with me
It's not about your speed and playing the game like it's EA's creation of speed and tricks to win. You must protect the ball as you would in real life. So, when you see a player charging toward you, quickly shield the ball by turning or pressing L2. This way you'll either draw a foul or fool the defender. If you are going to rush your game, ensure you have runners with you in attack by using the best tactics and players to do it.

Hope this helps.

It's not about your speed and playing the game like it's EA's creation of speed and tricks to win. You must protect the ball as you would in real life. So, when you see a player charging toward you, quickly shield the ball by turning or pressing L2. This way you'll either draw a foul or fool the defender. If you are going to rush your game, ensure you have runners with you in attack by using the best tactics and players to do it.

Hope this helps.
Must I say that, btw, if you do small moves combining the use of triggers and bumpers, you can get past defenders pretty easily.

Came back to this after some weeks of doing only sim racing… fresh install of everything last weekend and it worked and played like a charm. Had several good exhibition matches using the vanilla refs on top.
will have a look without vanilla refs this week.
but the game itself, was a joy to play.
The amount of chances and goals on both sides felt super good!

Thanks Paul, great work!! 💪 🙏

Gameplay Mod Release

Version 5 Final

Update Notes (compared to V5A3):
- Updated for Title Update 13
- Small changes to passing mechanics
- Added first touch changes to chest (it was only the foot previously)
- AI decision making in attack is improved, they are more clinical
- AI will dribble with the ball if they have the ability and space to do so
- Small match rating changes to defenders, so they get punished for letting in goals

Links:

FMT:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/t99ab0ljf044091/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v5_final.fbmod/file

FMM (fifamod):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p878amac0trqqbg/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v5_final.fifamod/file

Thanks for another great work. Really enjoyed playing it for couple of weeks both with my brother and CPU and I think I am ready to give some feedback.

-I complained about refs for couple of versions for now and still am forced to use vanilla ref mod. For me it is better to have less fouls than get them on clean tackles. May be it is my way of playing (after so many years of PES) but I got faulty penalty at least once a game.
-Another returning complain from me is overly nerfed finesse shot(R1+shot on PS, RB+ shot on Xbox). I think it got better than in previous versions - before it looked more like chip shot . But still it is way too slow and even top players miss with finesse shot too much. It is unusable from distance. For reference I could use " Top 10 Goals of the Season | 2022/23 UEFA Champions League" video from official UEFA youtube channel. There are 2 "finesse" shot goals: number 3 by Messi and number 10 by Rodri. And goal like that is unachivable in current version of mod
-Minor complain about low pass speed. I am speaking only about regular pass. All other variatons feel normal.

-CPU. I play on Legendary without Player Based Difficulty and after a while it feels repetitive. It even reminds me vanilla Legendary a bit. There is no midfield in it's attack. He just runs forward until i get close and gives pass forward. Then there is pass to winger. And only when winger gets to corner I can taste some physicality if he tries to 1-on-1 my defender. There is almost no contact outside of this scenario and no passes backwards. I see CPU approach me through center only if there is clear gap between defenders. No long shots, no through passes to center.
And it feels like scripted goals returned. When I am leading CPU becomes really clinical in attacks. You all know that vanilla Legendary scripted goal. Few fast passes->crazy accurate pass/cross->very fast shot and you had no chance to stop it at any moment.

But even with all that problems this mod is still best for me. I tried almost all of gameplay mods and only Paul defeated main problem of FIFA for me - it's 1on1 nature. Whole team plays on defence and it is magical. Plus player individuality that matches that of PES with higher depenance on players stats.

Good morning

To begin thank you for your great mod.
However, I have two questions:
-What slider setting do you use for this version 5.
-Is it possible to put a combined AI mod to remove the script.

THANKS

Good morning

To begin thank you for your great mod.
However, I have two questions:
-What slider setting do you use for this version 5.
-Is it possible to put a combined AI mod to remove the script.

THANKS
From the very first post:
1687912274619.png

Bonjour
Comment empêcher la création de fichiers fifa 23 dans applidata/local/temp/fifa23 avec pare-feu.
Un tuto serait bien merci

Does the career mod work with the latest title update, the game doesn't launch for me when I apply the mod. Btw, your mods are a life saver, have been for years.

Does the career mod work with the latest title update, the game doesn't launch for me when I apply the mod. Btw, your mods are a life saver, have been for years.
It's probably going to require an update, but don't quote me on that, I'm not the developer.

Does anyone face an issue of your career save file not being able to go past a certain date (e.g. Simulation / Manual Advancing does not work) during the transfer window and simply crashes when using Paul's Career Mod?

Enquiring about this as will like to see if its a problem with one of my other mods or the Career Mod needs updating as when I switch to other available career mods, the problem ceases to happen.

Note: Using FMT Launcher v23.23.4

Enquiring about this as will like to see if its a problem with one of my other mods or the Career Mod needs updating as when I switch to other available career mods, the problem ceases to happen.
Unless explicitly stated by Paul, you probably want to assume his mods should be used on their own. Even going back and forth between mods can leave stuff in your ModData folder that can cause problems.
But to answer your question, I've never heard of anyone having issues with career mode not progressing with Paul's mod.

Unless explicitly stated by Paul, you probably want to assume his mods should be used on their own. Even going back and forth between mods can leave stuff in your ModData folder that can cause problems.
But to answer your question, I've never heard of anyone having issues with career mode not progressing with Paul's mod.
Have always done a fresh install whenever I swap the career mod for testing. This wasn't an issue for me too till recently. Will conduct more testing on my own fo find the root cause.

An update to today's findings, after multiple tests, I believe the Career Mod might need updating as it's causing the crash, I ran a freshly installed game with only the career mod and gameplay mod on the latest version of FMT and the game crashes when trying to go past a certain date.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom