UEFA 5 Years ranking

It shows how good and competitive is German football nowadays.

France is in trouble too. Portugal is close and French teams have hard ties (Lyon-Madrid, Marseille-ManUtd and PSG-Benfica).

On the other hand, Russia is close to Portugal. The battle for the 5th will be very interesting.

French save ass with Lyon and Bordeaux in Champion's League last year, but when you see Lille this year put twice the B team versus the PSV Eindhoven we can't keep this place.

French save ass with Lyon and Bordeaux in Champion's League last year, but when you see Lille this year put twice the B team versus the PSV Eindhoven we can't keep this place.

Oh really? When I was watching Sporting-Rangers game the commentator said Lille was winning 0-1 at Phillips Stadion. Didn't imagine they were playing with the B team. Totally unacceptable attitude by the coach even thought they lack the means of OM or Bordeaux.

Its because German teams luuuurve the Europa League, and our Italian teams unfortunately don't - I think it might have to do with fitness and preparation... we complain about too many games, whereas other European teams often cope fine. German teams seem to always do well in it. The CL is often Bayern powering through, and occasionally another club that gets to the round of 16.

Last edited:
What are the chances of England earning a 5th slot into the CL or is that impossible?

Think 4 is more than enough, it's a joke anyway now the compeition.

'Champions' league my arse.

At the very most the best placed teams should have 3 teams in it, top team straight in, 2nd place team last qualifier and the 3rd place team the 2nd place qualifier, but they shouldn't be seeded.

FD

There are many 'reasons' for this as Stef correctly pointed out just one but at the end of the day, just like in a match all that matters is the final result, same applies here. So well done Bundesliga I say and nothing more! :WORSHIP:

I don't think they will catch Spain for some time yet though and I wouldn't worry about the French teams either.

Very close to Portugal, I hope we will be able to overtake her, very much like the next season at the start of Eurocups to see 6 rather than 5 Russian teams ... :D

Think 4 is more than enough, it's a joke anyway now the compeition.

'Champions' league my arse.

At the very most the best placed teams should have 3 teams in it, top team straight in, 2nd place team last qualifier and the 3rd place team the 2nd place qualifier, but they shouldn't be seeded.

FD

But then they wouldn't be able to charge €200 for a ticket.

I'd say next year will have dramatic changes for the CL/EL qualification due to financial fair play. Many Italian teams does not even care about this, Some English teams still have not fulfilled this. Cannot wait to see what will happen.

so Portugal has passed France for 5th and Spain will most probably take 1st from England soon..

Normal, French clubs don't want play Europa League...
In France only OM and OL play really the Europe, both goes to Europa next year, maybe change something.

PS : Champions League en Europa League give same points for UEFA ranking...

Back
Top Bottom