The Retro FIFA Discussion Thread (All FIFA games by EA are welcome!)

I got sacked by Gimnasia in my 1st career mode on FIFA 14.

I finished 16th in both phases of the league. Over the course of the season, they gave me £6 😂 then demanded I sign a worldie midfielder to bolster the team. The budget was only about £200k when I started which quickly went sending youth scouts out.

Anyway, Rosario Central gave me a job. Their squad is full of 65-70 rated players, Gimnasia was more like 58-65. You can really tell and feel the differences those few ratings make and I set up a tactic to suit what was already in the squad.

After 9 games, we are 3rd, still unbeaten and that run included a 2-0 win at Gimnasia who I now what to see get smashed every week.

Also, had my best game on any footy game for years. With the confidence of our form, I went away to All Boys who were bottom (I was top at the time having played a game more than Boca & Velez). I went attacking and was 3 up in 30mins. They got 1 just before HT, then I came out and made it 4. Last 20mins they went mental. Brought some lump on up top and just peppered me. They got it back to 3-4 then in the last min my 'keeper saved a 1-on-1 to secure 3 points. Hell of a game and I love the fact in this edition teams switch up their tactics.

Can't belive I'd never played this before 🙄
It's normal. Gimnasia de La Plata. 136 years, 0 titles. The most virgin team in South America 🤣

After some testing I finally managed to solve the bug with the fans disappearing. I always used SweetFx in FIFA 14, to improve the graphics a little. Even though I deactivated sweetfx the problem persisted, so I tested some dlls, until finally the problem was solved, from the tests I carried out the fundamental dll is d3d9.dll. The bad side is that I won't be able to use sweetfx, which for me has always been important to improve the game's dark and grayish graphics, but the important thing is that it's now working very well.

Wait, you WHAT? 🤩
Could you explain the process a little bit more in detail? Willing to try!
Thanks

I used to play CEP 11
CEP 11 is a great patch, with the most leagues I've ever seen! Unfortunately, I find it to be a bit buggy, with a bit of inaccurate stats and generic faces.. It also has that "blue-green uniforms and/or faces" at times.. But I really think that their ambition should be applauded (all European Leagues, 10 South American Leagues and bonus Asian Leagues).. It is a massive patch.

Anyway, I've been really enjoying FIFA 11 PC at the moment. I am playing with a gameplay mod called "FIFA 11 Hybrid Gameplay Mod version 5.0 by Doctor Productions" and there is a lot of variety in CPU playing styles. Still looking for a nice patch, might look into moddingway..

Last edited:
The process is simple, it boils down to one file. Just paste the file into the Game folder
IT WORKED!
What the hell is this sorcery????!?!?!?!?!!? But, even more important (yes I'm curious)... Where did you get this version of d3d9.dll from?

Thank you man, you made me a happy happy man tonight.

FIFA_09_Screenshot_2020.01.07_-_00.01.44.80.png

It's been 9 years and I still haven't managed to solve the Jesus bug from FIFA 09. This was a decent game, too bad its cursed now.

IT WORKED!
What the hell is this sorcery????!?!?!?!?!!? But, even more important (yes I'm curious)... Where did you get this version of d3d9.dll from?

Thank you man, you made me a happy happy man tonight.

Ale, I'm glad it worked for you. So I have several files saved here, I remember that a while ago I had a lag problem in older PES games, and there were some dlls that solved this problem. So I thought, why not test some dlls on FIFA? And so it was, doing some tests, until I got the result.

Back
Top Bottom