The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After a good lay off from his game I decided to have a fresh new start. So after my disappointing experiences on friendlies and Leagues, I decided to have a go at Master League (as if I didn't get enough frustrations before).

Mind you, I'm playing on Top Player - even though I purchased Super Star level - thinking I'd have a more playable ML experience. But how wrong I was!

My defenders simply cannot brush the CPU off the ball. Neither the guy I'm controlling, nor my AI teammates, who are even more hopeless than I. Whenever I put a foot out for a challenge I make a foul, only get the ball 1 out of 10 times. The success rate of challenges is ridiculous and the worst part is that the AI overrides their own players' stats and anyone can be a Messi. Or a Maradona on amphetamines or something! :P
Well, I'm not very happy about other aspects, such as playmaking, but for me the main issue is defending against this invincible AI. This game is simply broken for me.

I don't enjoy it anymore and invariably end a gaming session in frustration or anger. There always comes the moment when I say "That's it, I'm done"! This time I recorded what the CPU did to me and post here, have a look guys and tell me what you think: YouTube - PES 2012 hideous bug

I'm Leeds United (white), I'm controlling Jaric (no.3) at first. Note how another defender doubles up on the CPU, but they just don't stick a foot out for a challenge. It's not as if the CPU attacker is protecting the ball very well, as you can see. The AI defender who came to my aid seems to be over slippery ice.
So somehow he manages to pass the ball to the other guy. I'm controlling Palmieri now (and almost commit a penalty). The CPU loses control of the ball and now I'd think I got the situation under control (0:27). But my other "AI" defender wanted a plot twist, so he dispossesses his teammate to give the CPU another go. From this point on I didn't have any control over my players anymore.
Now here's the supernatural bit: the CPU attacker shoots and the ball goes through my player's leg and into the back of my net. There, there's your script. It was like the 85th minute and the match was 0-0.
This "ghost effect" of the ball isn't a freakish rare thing in this game. It happens too often, mostly in the middle of the park, low passes going undeflected through players.
This short clip kind of summarises in a nutshell my frustrations with this game.

This is the worst piece of crap Konami ever had the nerve to release - and it looks as though it gets worse with every update.
I want to see the 2013 demo and if the game is still going in this same direction, that's it for me, RIP PES/Winning Eleven. After almost 15 years of loyalty.

This kind of shit happened to me all the time, forced me to end up selling the game. Countless times I should have scored a goal two yards out and the ball passed through my striker's leg/foot as they slid in. Countless times my keeper let a shot in that, on the replay, showed the ball passing through his arm, countless times shots, like the one you show, passed through a defender's leg on the way in.

I wouldn't even mind if it was evenly spread out though, but for all the countless times I saw stuff like this happen to really screw me out of a result, I can't remember a single occasion where it happened in my favour to the CPU attacker, defender or goalkeeper.

I'm convinced it's a clipping/collision detection issue with the game but it is really bizarre how it doesn't seem to affect the CPU.

Seeing your player slide in and agonisingly miss a cross by an inch, Gazza 'style' from Euro '96 vs Germany, is part of the highs and lows of football. Seeing the exact same thing happen, then seeing via the replay that your player actually DID reach the ball but that the ball passed through his leg like it was a ghost, is most definitely not part of the football rollercoaster...

Last edited:
Aguero does not need red arrow to do that (ghost-through defenders limbs) ... green is enough for him :/

The clipping and collision detection is something thats been in PES forever, and it certainly works both ways. I'd be more concerned about how poor the defending is there. Where is the R2 and X control jockey ? and why are there about 5 players chasing him down like a pack of wolves ? Also, to be fair, clipping aside, he beat your men fair and square, sure he should have stumbled after he caught the defenders leg, but either way, he skinned them all with the ball never coming into contact with any of your defenders legs.

Last edited:
The clipping and collision detection is something thats been in PES forever, and it certainly works both ways. I'd be more concerned about how poor the defending is there. Where is the R2 and X control jockey ? and why is there about 5 players chasing him down like a pack of wolves. Also, to be fair, clipping aside, he beat your men fair and square, sure he should have stumbled after he caught the defenders leg, but either way, he skinned them all with the ball never coming into contact with any of your defenders legs.

Jim, you're hilarious on times!

After I was bigging up the console the dreaded game came..game number three!

2-0 up v West Brom, thheennn the scripted fightback. At 2-0 I had a penalty saved...ok fair enough. Then Gerrard struck the woodwork, hmm, something amiss here. Then they hit a through ball which went through my defender. If the defender had been say two or three yards away it would have been understandable, but the defender corrected his body position and it still went through, from around 10 yards. So 2-1. Then a pumped long ball which their striker flicks into the path of Reina, only for Reina to dive away from the ball, bit stop it with his legs, so the striker could get the rebound...at this point the red mist was descending. The header was like 3mph.

THEN, Suarez had a one on one which the keeper saved, ok fair enough, but then Suarez was worked in in the penalty box, around 10 yards out a hold the controller bottom right, bottom right, bottom right...what does he do, aims at the keeper left.....Noooooooo!!!! The controller was almost in bits at this point.

Then, in the dying seconds, in only true PES spirit, they manufactured a corner. The ball comes in, Coates wins the header (with clear header away button, not team mate), but it ricochets off Gerrard into the path of....West Brom Striker.

I'm thinking of microwaving the PES disc.....

EDIT

The console game is fked on the higher levels, and a scoreline of 2-0 seems to trigger some weird and wonderful CPU cheating. 2-0 up again this time vs some Europa team then the game started going a little weird in terms of passing, and just not going where it should, almost creating CPU chances to score. Then a tackle was made, to which the ball bounces to CPU after he should have been stopped, then a cross, then a normal header back from the defender to the keeper which 99% of the time goes to him, BUT this time the ball kind of veers into a fifty fifty in which my keeper rushes out (!?!), collides with my player into their player, then my player automatically clears it against the CPU man to go into an empty net! I mean you couldn't make this shit up honestly.

It just leaves you wondering, what is the point to it all.

Last edited:
Although I do feel your pain, and we all know collision detection is pretty weak there, Jimmy does have a point. He did breeze past your defenders with ease. You're defending isn't exactly proper there.

I dont buy the "poor defending so it's your own fault" Surly if the physics were any good the defender would of blocked/took the guy out giving away a freekick?

Last edited:
True.

It's very inconsistent in that regard though, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. That penalty Giroud won for me though was a good example of when it does.

It's something that has to be fixed but like you say it's been like this forever in PES which would suggest it's a problem with the engine that has been used all this time. Hopefully fixed for 2013 but realistically it's going to be 2014 by the time they get round to trying to sort it out.

I dont buy the "poor defending so it's your own fault" Surly if the physics were any good the defender would of blocked/took the guy out giving away a freekick?

It's both. Like I said the collision is pretty bad there, plus his defending.

It's something that has to be fixed but like you say it's been like this forever in PES which would suggest it's a problem with the engine that has been used all this time. Hopefully fixed for 2013 but realistically it's going to be 2014 by the time they get round to trying to sort it out.

Mate, I've already given up with them getting that side of PES perfect. :(

Who do you think I'm controlling and who are my CPU teammates?
The nummber 20 is not me btw, he did a step a side to make sure it could happen.
Two times a leg, one time a foot and one time an arm in approx 3 seconds, that not just a collision detection glitch, that's pulling on the strings a bit too much.
And sure these extreme clipping issues count for both sides with players with red arrows, but I don't count on that when I dribble.
There is only one that I could do and that is trying to select a player that tales no part of the scene and let the CPU do his little thingy. The game plays better when you don't touch your controller, than Ai got confused because it recieves no controller inputs to mess up.

It just leaves you wondering, what is the point to it all.
Disguise incompetence.

Last edited:
I appreciate the clipping has always been bad in PES but this year for me was the worst I'd ever seen it. It's a game breaker for me personally. I could overlook it in previous games but with the levels I've seen this happen in 2012, I couldn't tolerate it.

Even if the defending in that video wasn't great, that attacker should still have been clipped and a free kick given, but it falsely works to the attacker's advantage. And as for keepers letting shots in because the ball passes through their body/legs/arms/hands, it's an issue that for me wrecks the game. Fair play to those who can ignore it though.

The clipping and collision detection is something thats been in PES forever, and it certainly works both ways. I'd be more concerned about how poor the defending is there. Where is the R2 and X control jockey ? and why are there about 5 players chasing him down like a pack of wolves ? Also, to be fair, clipping aside, he beat your men fair and square, sure he should have stumbled after he caught the defenders leg, but either way, he skinned them all with the ball never coming into contact with any of your defenders legs.

You're having a laugh aren't you? :LOL:

The first challenge should have won him the ball. Pause his video at 0:06

So he didn't use the "jockey" thing, so what? Think about it, It shouldn't be the only way to win a ball back. But in PES 2012 it is, as the game forces you to use that shit, otherwise you're done.
The ball was there for the taking and I'll bet he pumped the X button to get a foot to a challenge. But it just doesn't work.
I hate using this highly automated "jockey" function, it's too artificial, too arcadey. And what's worse, it doesn't work to nick the ball away from the CPU. All it does is keep them in check, but while doing it you're allowing him plenty of territory and time to pass to another teammate.

You guys who managed to somehow enjoy this game, how do you defend? Do you trust "jockey" all the time? Don't you ever try a clean tackle with "X"?
For me it's pure frustration, cause when I do, I clip the CPU's leg and the outcome is either a free kick, a stumble animation (that doesn't slow them down one bit) or simply this "ghost effect", as if I wasn't even there.

You're having a laugh aren't you? :LOL:

The first challenge should have won him the ball. Pause his video at 0:06

So he didn't use the "jockey" thing, so what? Think about it, It shouldn't be the only way to win a ball back. But in PES 2012 it is, as the game forces you to use that shit, otherwise you're done.
The ball was there for the taking and I'll bet he pumped the X button to get a foot to a challenge. But it just doesn't work.
I hate using this highly automated "jockey" function, it's too artificial, too arcadey. And what's worse, it doesn't work to nick the ball away from the CPU. All it does is keep them in check, but while doing it you're allowing him plenty of territory and time to pass to another teammate.

You guys who managed to somehow enjoy this game, how do you defend? Do you trust "jockey" all the time? Don't you ever try a clean tackle with "X"?
For me it's pure frustration, cause when I do, I clip the CPU's leg and the outcome is either a free kick, a stumble animation (that doesn't slow them down one bit) or simply this "ghost effect", as if I wasn't even there.

No I'm not having a laugh, that challenge was 30/70 at best.

So your saying your having a problem with this new defensive system, yet your only trying to tackle with the old outdated way of just pressing X ? If that's the case you have a lot of work to do. They aren't going to implement a new system and expect you not to use it and be successful. Times have changed.

You now have at least 4-5 different options. R2 and retreat is one, this jockeys without maintaining an auto-distance. R2 and X will give you a retreat jockey with auto minimum distance, if the CPU gets too close your defender will put his foot in without you pressing anything. Then mix up R2 and X but release X at the right time to manually put your foot in to challenge. Then you have just X and also Slide Tackle. Alternatively try R2 and X and apply secondary pressure, or R2 and retreat from range and let the CPU track the Ball Carrier without any secondary pressure, using a auto contain with defensive stats becoming very relevant.

This whole defensive system now gives you a whole plethora of defensive options never before realised. Learn it and use it, pressure and just dive in with X and you'll get murdered, and rightfully so.

I use the same methods G-force mentioned,
Also, when I use second pressure, sometimes I switch between first and second defender and I don't hold the 2th pressure button all the way, I use it until he positioned further away to give me backup when I miss the tackle. Just enough to bring him closer to the action.
Also, I always use 2th pressure on the flanks to close him down, on the flanks it's easier to do because he has less options to get away then in the midfield.
Actually I'm a better defender then an attacker/dribbler, but there is nothing that I can do when they run through my legs and when my teammates behave like they play against me.

this is me playing. I keep distance all the time and use second pressure for a backup and I use a lot of super canceling to reposition myself for the loose balls I can't get (instead of running on the rail)
YouTube - PES2012 - RSC Anderlecht - Olympiakos (2th half) using NESA24 GAMEPLAY PATCH V1.8 (testversion)

Last edited:
No I'm not having a laugh, that challenge was 30/70 at best.

So your saying your having a problem with this new defensive system, yet your only trying to tackle with the old outdated way of just pressing X ? If that's the case you have a lot of work to do. They aren't going to implement a new system and expect you not to use it and be successful. Times have changed.

You now have at least 4-5 different options. R2 and retreat is one, this jockeys without maintaining an auto-distance. R2 and X will give you a retreat jockey with auto minimum distance, if the CPU gets too close your defender will put his foot in without you pressing anything. Then mix up R2 and X but release X at the right time to manually put your foot in to challenge. Then you have just X and also Slide Tackle. Alternatively try R2 and X and apply secondary pressure, or R2 and retreat from range and let the CPU track the Ball Carrier without any secondary pressure, using a auto contain with defensive stats becoming very relevant.

This whole defensive system now gives you a whole plethora of defensive options never before realised. Learn it and use it, pressure and just dive in with X and you'll get murdered, and rightfully so.

But you see, this new system they implemented is hardly something revolutionary. People seem to forget that we already had this contain system in PES 2011 (but instead, you press X + backwards/direction of your own goal). It worked very similarly to this one. You also had another stance of facing off the attacker just by holding down X, without holding any directions.
Now on PES 2012 however, this contain/jockey system is the star of the show. The defending is pretty much centred around that.

We already had many options to defend before in PES 2011 - with the difference that it was much more well balanced.

Every time I see a video of someone teaching how to defend, I see them doing the same thing: surrounding the CPU with all the caution in the world, while doubling up with square button, while just containing the CPU attacker. And sometimes it isn't enough, as the CPU might run inside them all at times. It would be ok to be bamboozled by the CPU now and then, but it happens at an alarming rate.
Plus, the difference had to be who are you facing, too. If I'm marking Messi, hell, I will try containing without going in avidly with X, and waiting for some teammate to help me. But when I'm facing a chump with a 68 overall rating, I'd like to think I would have the upper hand and allow myself a more direct challenge. But the result is always the same, with Messi, or a chump... the Cpu WILL turn you inside out if you try to fall in and snatch the ball.

This is my main gripe with this game. It forces you to defend in a certain way that is not realistic. In a real match, you don't see a defender giving the attacker all the time in the world with the ball. They will close him down real good!
I sense the attacking CPU has too much power over our defenders in this game, whereas they will be always on the front foot. In FIFA 12, for example, I find it more realistic how the defender is in a more privileged position, forcing the attacker to protect the ball with his back (with tactical dribbling, holding down the sprint button).

In PES 2012, the attacker doesn't have to protect the ball at all! You just see how careless the CPU is dribbling in the middle of defences in my video and Blanco's 1st video. The burden will be always on your defender.

I watched Blanco's 2nd video here and although he won 3-0, sometime his defending is hopeless against the dribbling CPU. Look at 1:15, his 2 defenders struggling against 1 CPU attacker. And don't say he doesn't know how to defend: he was doing everything the tutorials tell him to do - contain and double team with square button. However the guy who is doubling, is totally hopeless, he runs past the ball like a loaded truck! And is not as if the CPU had to feint to fool him, he was just there dribbling in slow speed, in that stupid "dance" with the user controlled defender.

Sorry, but watching this bit of gameplay, PES looks as far detached from reality as it's ever been. Way too unrealistic.

The game forces you to play in a way you wouldn't play it. Not in reality, nor in a videogame either. When I'm at it, I find myself there playing something other than PES... I realise I'm resorting to stuff I wouldn't normally do before (both in attacking and defending). I'm just doing it to win, but deep inside I don't agree with what I'm doing there.

The best way to describe it, is what somebody else in here defined as "beating the game", instead of playing a simulation of footie.

Sorry for the rant! :D

watched Blanco's 2nd video here and although he won 3-0, sometime his defending is hopeless against the dribbling CPU. Look at 1:15, his 2 defenders struggling against 1 CPU attacker. And don't say he doesn't know how to defend: he was doing everything the tutorials tell him to do - contain and double team with square button. However the guy who is doubling, is totally hopeless, he runs past the ball like a loaded truck! And is not as if the CPU had to feint to fool him, he was just there dribbling in slow speed, in that stupid "dance" with the user controlled defender.
Yeah that situation is odd, but if you watch closely the reason why he misses his approach is because I'm in his path, he almost collides with me.
Second pressure is a very direct and agressive approach basically it just running straight to that ball, he has Serious Sam monster AI, straight to the target,not very intelligent indeed.
I could have stopped him by a realise of the 2th pressure button, but sometimes that doesn't work and he's a loaded truck.
btw, this is nesa mixed1.8 patch you are watching, in vanilla PES this is much worse, in mixed 1.8 defending and tackling is quite balanced.for me.
Not to mention the sudden stops when you select a marker that chases a deep runner once you select him. Damn i hated that bug! That's history too.

Well guess what, I decided to buy the 360 version of PES 2008. Yes you read that right, PES 2008.

Don't troll me now ;)

Although I do feel your pain, and we all know collision detection is pretty weak there, Jimmy does have a point. He did breeze past your defenders with ease. You're defending isn't exactly proper there.

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

But you see, this new system they implemented is hardly something revolutionary. People seem to forget that we already had this contain system in PES 2011 (but instead, you press X + backwards/direction of your own goal). It worked very similarly to this one. You also had another stance of facing off the attacker just by holding down X, without holding any directions.
Now on PES 2012 however, this contain/jockey system is the star of the show. The defending is pretty much centred around that.

We already had many options to defend before in PES 2011 - with the difference that it was much more well balanced.

Every time I see a video of someone teaching how to defend, I see them doing the same thing: surrounding the CPU with all the caution in the world, while doubling up with square button, while just containing the CPU attacker. And sometimes it isn't enough, as the CPU might run inside them all at times. It would be ok to be bamboozled by the CPU now and then, but it happens at an alarming rate.
Plus, the difference had to be who are you facing, too. If I'm marking Messi, hell, I will try containing without going in avidly with X, and waiting for some teammate to help me. But when I'm facing a chump with a 68 overall rating, I'd like to think I would have the upper hand and allow myself a more direct challenge. But the result is always the same, with Messi, or a chump... the Cpu WILL turn you inside out if you try to fall in and snatch the ball.

This is my main gripe with this game. It forces you to defend in a certain way that is not realistic. In a real match, you don't see a defender giving the attacker all the time in the world with the ball. They will close him down real good!
I sense the attacking CPU has too much power over our defenders in this game, whereas they will be always on the front foot. In FIFA 12, for example, I find it more realistic how the defender is in a more privileged position, forcing the attacker to protect the ball with his back (with tactical dribbling, holding down the sprint button).

In PES 2012, the attacker doesn't have to protect the ball at all! You just see how careless the CPU is dribbling in the middle of defences in my video and Blanco's 1st video. The burden will be always on your defender.

I watched Blanco's 2nd video here and although he won 3-0, sometime his defending is hopeless against the dribbling CPU. Look at 1:15, his 2 defenders struggling against 1 CPU attacker. And don't say he doesn't know how to defend: he was doing everything the tutorials tell him to do - contain and double team with square button. However the guy who is doubling, is totally hopeless, he runs past the ball like a loaded truck! And is not as if the CPU had to feint to fool him, he was just there dribbling in slow speed, in that stupid "dance" with the user controlled defender.

Sorry, but watching this bit of gameplay, PES looks as far detached from reality as it's ever been. Way too unrealistic.

The game forces you to play in a way you wouldn't play it. Not in reality, nor in a videogame either. When I'm at it, I find myself there playing something other than PES... I realise I'm resorting to stuff I wouldn't normally do before (both in attacking and defending). I'm just doing it to win, but deep inside I don't agree with what I'm doing there.

The best way to describe it, is what somebody else in here defined as "beating the game", instead of playing a simulation of footie.

Sorry for the rant! :D

I don't think that is entirely correct to be honest, it was half-arsed feature that was added a year too early. It never really worked with any consistency, and also, it wasnt really relevant due to the over-effectiveness of the through-ball. I never used it at all in PES 2011 as it just didnt work well.

What PES 2011 did encourage though, was the need to defend off the ball. The through-balls were so ridiculously powerful, that you were required to think outside the box and defend the passing channels. What PES 2011 forced us to learn in that regard, has stood us in great stead for this version. Also, the R2 and X system gives us far more control than anything PES 2011 offered, and R2 and retreat is far more consistent as well.

For me this new defensive system was only half implemented in PES 2011, it was an idea that I feel was rushed out last year and was no-where near a complete system. This year it is. In my opinion.

I also disagree with the point about beating the game rather than a simulation of football. The way you are required to defend is how it is in real-life. Gone are the days in PES (more so offline) where you can just pressure the CPU with X and just steal the ball without any real thought. That's not how football is, the better players are given a couple of yards, and the reason is, one drop of the shoulder and an over-committed tackle and the defender is left for dead.

Last edited:
I don't think that is entirely correct to be honest, it was half-arsed feature that was added a year too early. It never really worked with any consistency, and also, it wasnt really relevant due to the over-effectiveness of the through-ball. I never used it at all in PES 2011 as it just didnt work well.

What PES 2011 did encourage though, was the need to defend off the ball. The through-balls were so ridiculously powerful, that you were required to think outside the box and defend the passing channels. What PES 2011 forced us to learn in that regard, has stood us in great stead for this version. Also, the R2 and X system gives us far more control than anything PES 2011 offered, and R2 and retreat is far more consistent as well.

For me this new defensive system was only half implemented in PES 2011, it was an idea that I feel was rushed out last year and was no-where near a complete system. This year it is. In my opinion.

I also disagree with the point about beating the game rather than a simulation of football. The way you are required to defend is how it is in real-life. Gone are the days in PES (more so offline) where you can just pressure the CPU with X and just steal the ball without any real thought. That's not how football is, the better players are given a couple of yards, and the reason is, one drop of the shoulder and an over-committed tackle and the defender is left for dead.

I don't think it was that much half-arsed, it was just a small addition. I didn't use it too much either, but it was useful to hold up an attacker on counter-attacks and buy some time for your teammates to come back to defend.
In PES 2012, however, it is the centrepiece of defending without which you won't survive. Well, if it was effective I would gladly adopt it, but it doesn't stop the AI from dribbling through our defender's limbs and body.

I disagree that this R2 + X gives us more control than ever. If there's anything that we don't have is control. When you hold both buttons the player will "lock on" to the attacker, keeping a distance and "strafing" wherever he dribbles to. And while doing that, you can even release all directions on the left analog - your defender will still be locked on to the attacker wherever he goes, making it completely automated and arcadey.

We could already use R2 alone before to surround the attacker, the animation was a bit similar even, with the defender side-stepping. I was happy with what we got back then.

If they made this FIFAesque contain/jockey system completely manual, and the success rate of challenges became much better than it is now, I would settle for that.
And of course, the cheating/scripting has always been there throughout the series but they have to take it down a notch for 2013, cause the way it is now, it's really broken.

If I wasn't a fan of the series (and of Master League) I wouldn't even think to come back to check 2013... but I will still check the demo, and if the game is still going in the same direction, that will be it for me.

I'm considering going back through them all lol, there must be a good next gen game in the somewhere....

I think 2011 was the best of the lot so far. 2009 wasn't too bad, but it's too archaic now, with the D-pad dribbling and all that, not to mention graphics

Sometimes I wonder, Konami has been re-releasing PS2 titles such as Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid in HD. Who knows, maybe they will remaster PES 5 for HD! :)

I don't think it was that much half-arsed, it was just a small addition. I didn't use it too much either, but it was useful to hold up an attacker on counter-attacks and buy some time for your teammates to come back to defend.
In PES 2012, however, it is the centrepiece of defending without which you won't survive. Well, if it was effective I would gladly adopt it, but it doesn't stop the AI from dribbling through our defender's limbs and body.

I disagree that this R2 + X gives us more control than ever. If there's anything that we don't have is control. When you hold both buttons the player will "lock on" to the attacker, keeping a distance and "strafing" wherever he dribbles to. And while doing that, you can even release all directions on the left analog - your defender will still be locked on to the attacker wherever he goes, making it completely automated and arcadey.

We could already use R2 alone before to surround the attacker, the animation was a bit similar even, with the defender side-stepping. I was happy with what we got back then.

If they made this FIFAesque contain/jockey system completely manual, and the success rate of challenges became much better than it is now, I would settle for that.
And of course, the cheating/scripting has always been there throughout the series but they have to take it down a notch for 2013, cause the way it is now, it's really broken.

If I wasn't a fan of the series (and of Master League) I wouldn't even think to come back to check 2013... but I will still check the demo, and if the game is still going in the same direction, that will be it for me.

I think 2011 was the best of the lot so far. 2009 wasn't too bad, but it's too archaic now, with the D-pad dribbling and all that, not to mention graphics

Sometimes I wonder, Konami has been re-releasing PS2 titles such as Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid in HD. Who knows, maybe they will remaster PES 5 for HD! :)

I think because I mix up the R2 and X with R2 and retreat it gives me the best of both worlds. I really enjoy this new system, for me it gives me far more options than I've ever had with PES.

Who would have thought? A new developer tries to develop a football-game: Warner Brothers and Double Helix Games got the license to produce and develop this year's UEFA Euro 2012-game.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012_(video_game)

Don't have much hope that it will be anything decent but I :APPLAUD: that another developer gives it a try.

EA are making the Euro game somebody jumped the gun and got it wrong.

I think because I mix up the R2 and X with R2 and retreat it gives me the best of both worlds. I really enjoy this new system, for me it gives me far more options than I've ever had with PES.

Ah, now what you said is making much more sense. Because if you hold down R2 + X your player will lock on the opponent like a robot, keeping the same distance and following him around without any directions on the stick.
What you are doing basically is repositioning your player manually, thus giving your human input to the defending. For me that's the way it should really be at all times. Not that automatic FIFAesque thing... PES has never needed that before, so why now? That's one thing I really despise in this game.

Another thing I really hate is that off-the-ball control over the player on set pieces. for crosses in the box and corners, seems to be pointless, because the AI defender is glued to you like a sticker! I do wonder if you guys who enjoy this game use this feature.

Anyways, I don't mean to rain on your parade. Like I said, this game is just not for me and if it continues in this path I'll part ways for good. But fair play to you guys who seem to enjoy it.

Ah, now what you said is making much more sense. Because if you hold down R2 + X your player will lock on the opponent like a robot, keeping the same distance and following him around without any directions on the stick.
What you are doing basically is repositioning your player manually, thus giving your human input to the defending. For me that's the way it should really be at all times. Not that automatic FIFAesque thing... PES has never needed that before, so why now? That's one thing I really despise in this game.

Another thing I really hate is that off-the-ball control over the player on set pieces. for crosses in the box and corners, seems to be pointless, because the AI defender is glued to you like a sticker! I do wonder if you guys who enjoy this game use this feature.

I actually love this feature and use it all the time. It's anything but glitchy as I've noticed the odd poster mention. You can make some brilliant runs to get on the end of corners or FK's from range. Also, if your successful from one in match, the CPU learns from it and marks you a lot closer next time around. It is also a system that brings the individuality of the dead-ball takers stats to the forefront, as the delivery is soley based on their technique and dead-ball statistics. You can be very clever checking a run and moving off again, it's this kind of technique the works the best both in PES and real-life. A cheeky one is to put your best FK taker on the corner, then control your player with the best Heading and Jump stats, place him in front of the keeper or on the goal-line, hit square to cross, then make a run last minute to the penalty spot, that causes all kinds of problems with a reverse header. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom