The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread

Which PES 2012 version do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As for Rom, what sort of person types a line like "I am 100% right virtually all of the time" without any trace or irony or humour?

Beautiful. You're a massive imbecile if you thought I was being serious. Exactly like the time I made a very clear reference to the fact that I do more work to improve FIFA than I do PES, in response to people saying I was a PES zealot, and you said you didn't understand the relevance. You're slow on the uptake, I get it. If there isn't a massive smiley, or a flashing typeface, or things are implied rather than blurted out, they'll shoot right over your head. No need to keep reinforcing it.

I've already taken the piss out of you once for not picking up on it. That's what that massive upside-down @ was. I believe I said I was Wumming as well. WUM = Wind-up Merchant. That's not a common phrase at all, I've only seen it in a couple of places, so I can't hold that against you. But I don't really need to anyway - it'd be gilding the lily.

Of course I don't take conversations with you or Johnny seriously! What's to take seriously?

Again, just beautiful.

This is a guy who seems to be reasonably intelligent and probably secretly agrees with most of what I say about Jimmy and PES but cannot bring himself to admit it on this forum for fear of offending his little clique. I come to the conclusion he actually agrees with me due to the fact he consistently fails to point out any real holes in my opinions or arguments and instead throws a couple of arrogant comments around which basically say "no one understands me" then says he's withdrawing from the conversation. Why run away Rom? Dazzle us with your intelligence and infalliblity why dont you?
Wouldn't it make more sense to say I agree with you about the game because of the several times I have posted in here to say that I don't think the game is particularly good and I don't really play it? Jus' saying. Last time I replied to you, I said you were being as much of a dunce as Johnny usually is, by assuming that just because I'm arguing with you that I absolutely love PES 2012. Again, was that too subtle for you, or did I need to get the red out?

As for your opinions on Jimmy - sorry, I happen to like the guy, and where we used to really go for the throat a couple of years back, now I fully respect his right to voice his opinion whether I agree with it or not. That's actually how this latest spat kicked off. I said Jimmy almost definitely has more of a life than you. Which is true. The fact that he is then able to write a big article about PES 2012 just implies that he managed to out-life you with plenty still in the tank.

The difference between me and guys like Rom is my opinion is my own and not merely a regurgitation of the party line my peer group has decided for me in advance.

The difference between me and guys like you is I'm not fabricating an opinion for you in contradiction of things you have repeatedly posted, simply for the sake of keeping everything regimented and Us/Them. I don't post in here anymore because it's full of hyperbole, occupied mainly by WENB/PESfan rejects whipping themselves up into frenzies, circle-jerking about their mortal hatred for the most offensively bad game in human history. I don't think the game's that at all. That doesn't mean I want to bear its children.

Last edited:
Are you for real? A quiz on what?

I'm not sure what is more embarrassing, your use of a line from the movie "Speed" or the fact that you think having a quiz over the internet makes sense.

:LOL:

I'm most definitely for real. The question is, are you ?

I just want to talk football and relevant technique, and how it relates in all areas to what PES achieves. In my opinion, your just some little insignificant wind-up merchant, so here you have the opportunity to prove me wrong.

So how about we see what you know ? On all things football and PES ? Is that fair ?

I've looked for demos for 11 and 12 on PSN US UK and Japan but it seems they have been removed. I would like to play the demo any ideas where I might find them for the PS3?

That's just it Rom, you spend so much time lodged up your own rectum it's hard to tell when you're being a WUM and when you are genuinely wallowing in your own self indulgence.

On one hand you admit you dont like PES 2012 very much and on the other you state how much you cant stand people slagging it off. Why? Where are all your lengthy posts on the problems PES 2012 has? You spend more time and words arguing with guys like me than you do talking about the problems with the game.

You love nothing more than trying to belittle people who come onto this thread to slag off PES while briefly saying you actually agree with a lot of what they say. Your flimsy defence is that you dont like the way they say it. You are not so selective when it comes to people praising the game though are you? Considering you think Jimmy The PES Essay Man and Self Styled PES Guru is the type of guy I should aspire to being more like shows you're more than happy for people to spout hyperbole when it comes to singing the game's praises but a lot less forgiving when it comes to people slating the game.

You love a good "circle jerk", as you put it, with guys like Jimmy who write page after page of lavish praise in a ridiculous attempt to change people's opinion of the game but you have nothing but contempt for people who come to a complaint thread to vent about how annoyed they are with it.

You treat people who love PES a lot better than you do those who complain about it. I mean you even took time out to stick up for Jimmy even though deep down you know fine well writing an entire essay about PES to change people's opinion of the game is downright ridiculous and so is his claim that PES 2012 has hidden depths that only he understands because he's some sort of PES genius.

If I or anyone else typed out a whole essay on why PES 2012 is shit you would be the first to slate me for it wouldn't you?

What a guy.

Last edited:
I'm most definitely for real. The question is, are you ?

I just want to talk football and relevant technique, and how it relates in all areas to what PES achieves. In my opinion, your just some little insignificant wind-up merchant, so here you have the opportunity to prove me wrong.

So how about we see what you know ? On all things football and PES ? Is that fair ?

FFS! :LOL:

Read this very carefully Jimmy:

My opinion of PES and yours are pretty much polar opposites. You think it's a realistic and fun game and I think it's very unrealistic and crap game. This is perfectly normal.

No amount of quizzes, essays or anything else will ever change my opinion or prove who is right or wrong. An opinion of a game is entirely down to an individual's preference and as such cannot be right or wrong.

Given that the above points are indisputable, how about you take a deep breath, throw your quiz and essay into the bin where they belong and go back to enjoying PES 2012 without trying to convert everyone to your point of view like some deranged street corner preacher?

There's a good lad.

I expected that puttzy. ;)

You have the right to dislike the game, that is your opinion. I have no problem with that. I take offence to being labelled blind or a dying breed, and whatever other condescending remarks you began this whole nonsense with from the offset.

If you can't see what the game looks to replicate, fine. Bashing the game and provoking those you can see and enjoy what it delivers isnt cool.

I've not read one post from yourself that has ever broken anything down technically. You don't talk football, you don't discuss why or how it isn't relevant. It just isn't, according to you.

I, on the other hand, will break down anything you want, no matter how complex. And I'll back it up with examples and videos. My opinion is that in order to fully understand something, you have to be able to appreciate what it offers.

Edit -

Just a simple one, as I'm curious. What do you believe the philosophy of the R2 button is in PES ? And how do you believe it relates to real-life technique across all disciplines ? Just wondering ?

Last edited:
'Trying' to belittle?

Where's the circle jerk with Jimmy? Not sure I've even interacted with him on here for a good long while. I did point out that he's had and continues to have quite a life, and that it's likely to have been more than yours. Am I wrong? Unlikely. I know about his life, and I can tell about yours.

---

It's hardly a flimsy defence, is it? After all, how people say they dislike PES is what separates one PES forum from another - this year at least. Detailed analysis of the problem? Great. People trying to outdo each other's hatred from post to post until they end up talking about some fantasy game rather the one that was actually released? No thanks, not what I signed up for.

So yes - contrary to your presumptions, I would be far more interested in an open, carefully worded and thought out essay/article about what is wrong with PES 2012 than people spending post after post going completely overboard about how lazy and pigheaded Konami are, or how WENB are responsible for PES being so unbelievably awful, or how everyone at the top at Konami should be booted out, and so on and so forth.

As I said, it's the quality of the posting that has pissed me off, not the subject. I haven't argued with Jamez or Northzzz or LTFC about PES 2012 even though they dislike the game to varying degrees. I may have debated points, but so far as I can recall it's all been very civil. In fact the only people I recall showing nothing for contempt for, are Ektor (banned, thankfully), JohnnyFX, and you. In all three cases, you started it by making daft/antagonistic assumptions or accusations, not so much about PES or football games, but about me. You've made your beds. I have nothing to say to you about football games.

I realise that I'm not particularly contributing, partly because most of my posting here is arguing where it was once constructive, but also because I'm not making my posts rhetorical enough to avoid the bottom feeders replying.

I've only been dragged into this mess because the bullshit got a bit much and on more than one occasion I pointed out that things were going over the top. The perception of WENB is way over the top here - I don't care whether people like them or not, or think they're sincere or not, and I've had arguments with them before about how they do things.

I even got yelled down for pointing out that a PR demo of uploading your own chants was not the way that the official chants were recorded. Yelled at for stating fact - mental. Without someone stepping in and pointing out when things are getting silly, people end up setting fire to paediatricians' houses. I should be getting some credit for helping you new lot out there, but no.

And you want me to contribute a lengthy essay/article about the standard of the game and what needs improving, in spite of your (plural) consistently poor grasp of reasoning, logic and rationality? If I do something, I'll PM it to the old school and see what they think.

Pffft.

This is just going to go round in circles. You've shown time and again that you are slow on the uptake, a bad judge of character, and don't actually read what I say in the first place. Having a rational discussion with you would be like trying to teach french to a tree. I hadn't actually posted here meaningfully for a couple of months before the eejits baited me into responding, and I've barely played games for at least as long (I've been too busy having a life). What worthwhile posts there are in here are being drowned out by said eejits, and by my responding to them. It's high time I got round to using the ignore feature, both in the forum and in my head, and climbed out of the rut I've been dragged into.

Go ahead, have the last word.

Last edited:

I expected that puttzy. ;)

You have the right to dislike the game, that is your opinion. I have no problem with that. I take offence to being labelled blind or a dying breed, and whatever other condescending remarks you began this whole nonsense with from the offset.

If you can't see what the game looks to replicate, fine. Bashing the game and provoking those you can see and enjoy what it delivers isnt cool.

I've not read one post from yourself that has ever broken anything down technically. You don't talk football, you don't discuss why or how it isn't relevant. It just isn't, according to you.

I, on the other hand, will break down anything you want, no matter how complex. And I'll back it up with examples and videos. My opinion is that in order to fully understand something, you have to be able to appreciate what it offers.

If you expected my response it's because you knew your "challenge" was utter nonsense in the first place.

I used the term "dying breed" because from what I can see there aren't many people left who love this game. I dont see why that would upset anyone.

I know exactly what the game tries to replicate, correct me if I'm wrong but it's football isn't it? Why are my views "condescending" and "provoking" while your views are not? I dont think it's particularly "cool" to talk down to everyone who thinks PES 2012 is crap or to tell them it's because they simply dont understand it the way you do because you are a PES expert and they are not. That's why I take issue with guys like you Jimmy, not because you love PES but because you your look down your nose at people who dont and try to tell them they are stupid.

How do you define "break down technically"? I have stated on many occassions exaclty what I think is wrong with the game. One example is the shooting mechanic being inconsistent and broken, something that I think 99% of people agree with me on, yet your response was something along the lines of "OMG! YOU CANT EVEN SHOOT! LOL! YOU ARE A TROLL!" Is that your definition of "breaking things down technically"?

For every video or long winded explanation you post there will be others who have examples to the contrary. Having the time and ability to argue black is white does not make you right Jimmy, it makes you obstinate.

You need to get over this delusion that you and only you can understand PES and the game of football. It is simply not true. The fact that you are willing to go to such lengths to defend this game is frankly disturbing for a man of your age.

I and others could show you endless videos of problems with PES and I'm sure you would come up with some mind boggling explanation of why they are acceptable to you but to my mind they are not. That's it really. There's no need for a "pop quiz" or an essay writing contest.

Having the time and determination to argue black is white does not make you right Jimmy, it just makes you obstinate.

Those comments sum up the difference between you and I perfectly.

You are simply a lot easier to please than I am when it comes to football games. This is why you think I am exaggerating and why you claim to not experience the same things I do when playing PES 2012. You are just a lot more forgiving than I am and a lot more willing to turn a blind eye to obvious flaws.
Maybe I am easier to please. Or maybe I'm not as picky. Or maybe I like what they offer which outweighs the negatives.

To me, someone who admits a game "sometimes doesn't work" then goes on to say they still "really enjoy it" is ridiculous. I mean just how many broken, flawed games do you waste your time and money on in your gaming lifetime? Or is it only with PES you are willing to overlook such things?
All of them. But they're not "broken" to me, they're not flawless. And my money hasn't gone down the drain, because I've enjoyed them all for what they are.

This:

In all three cases, you started it by making daft/antagonistic assumptions or accusations, not so much about PES or football games, but about me. You've made your beds.

And this:

I did point out that he's had and continues to have quite a life, and that it's likely to have been more than yours. Am I wrong? Unlikely. I know about his life, and I can tell about yours.

In the same post no less! :LOL:

Says it all about you Rom. For you there is one rule for you and your cronies and another for the rest of us.

I think people yell at you and shout you down simply because you put yourself across as a very difficult person to like on here. Nothing more.

There is no "circle jerk" anywhere but you pick your battles and your terms (like "circle jerk" for example) very carefully depending on who you're talking to which makes it pretty clear what little clique you belong to. I will have a discussion or call bullshit on ANYONE in this thread whereas you will not for fear of upsetting your buddies.

You can bitch and whine about how badly you feel you are treated in here or you can start treating everyone equally and with a bit of respect. Maybe then you'll get some of the respect and gravitas you crave so much in return.

Last edited:
This:

And this:

In the same post no less! :LOL:
In case it wasn't obvious (and it was by most people's standards) I'm referring to your first interactions with me, the ones that let me know exactly what I'm dealing with. You can go back and look them up; I wont be linking to them. But I did talk about it in that same post, no less.

Ok, blocked now. Thought I'd done it already but my internet went funny.

Jimmy, maybe videos would be better to explain what you think is done well in PES 2012? Trup2you made some on what he thought was wrong with the game and showed really good examples to back them up. It's up to you, but I think videos are more convincing as you can always back up waht your are trying to explain.

I've looked for demos for 11 and 12 on PSN US UK and Japan but it seems they have been removed. I would like to play the demo any ideas where I might find them for the PS3?

Yeah go to your download history list, you can find it in PSN Store, I think in one of the icons on the top right of your screen (the icons such as wallet, etc). That lets you view everything you've downloaded for a good few years, and redownload it if you want.

All of them. But they're not "broken" to me, they're not flawless. And my money hasn't gone down the drain, because I've enjoyed them all for what they are.

There is a HUGE difference between "broken" and "flawless" Lami.

No game is flawless but very few that I bother to spend time playing are broken. Why would I play a broken game?

I believe PES 2012 to be broken in as much as it has more bugs and inconsistencies than any other game I own and due to these flaws I find the game no fun to play at all.

I have no problem with you or anyone else disagreeing with that and enjoying the game so I dont see why should anyone have a problem with me saying that I think that game is crap.

Anyway, here's some food for thought about PES:

Does ANYONE play the game as Konami actually sell it out of the box? As in:

No edited kits
No edited badges
No edited player names
No edited leagues
No edited league names
No edited cup names
No edited formations
No edited starting line ups
No edited player stats
No PC patches of any kind...

You get the picture.

The point being PES is always being made into a much better game than it actually is thanks to the hard working editing community or by people doing all that hard work themselves at home AFTER they have paid £40 for it.

Considering more than a few people are losing interest in PES due to a decline in quality, what would happen if the editing community also declined and left us all with the out of the box version of PES?

Personally I'm all about the gameplay but would more and more people turn to FIFA if this happened?

Slightly off topic but I'd love to be able to play the PES2011 MLO Beta again. That really was a wonderful game of football, if a little bit rough around the edges. The passing model was the best so far and the shooting had a much better feel to it compared to PES2012.

Given all the technical inadequacies of the game I think the MLO beta would go down as one of the PES games ever if it was a stand-alone title.

Oh, and pj-puttz......put a sock in it mate, it's getting boring.

In case it wasn't obvious (and it was by most people's standards) I'm referring to your first interactions with me, the ones that let me know exactly what I'm dealing with. You can go back and look them up; I wont be linking to them. But I did talk about it in that same post, no less.

Ok, blocked now. Thought I'd done it already but my internet went funny.

How does that statement justify you doing to me exactly what you slated me for doing previously? Two wrongs make a right do they? You showed yourself up as a hypocrite and now you block me because you dont like having it pointed out to you.

You dont want to be in a forum Rom, what you want is a private room where you and your buddies agree with each other all day.

Another difference between you and me, I wont block anyone because I understand that a forum is for ALL kinds of views and opinions. Even the ones I may not agree with or think are not phrased the way I would like them to be.

If you expected my response it's because you knew your "challenge" was utter nonsense in the first place.

I used the term "dying breed" because from what I can see there aren't many people left who love this game. I dont see why that would upset anyone.

I know exactly what the game tries to replicate, correct me if I'm wrong but it's football isn't it? Why are my views "condescending" and "provoking" while your views are not? I dont think it's particularly "cool" to talk down to everyone who thinks PES 2012 is crap or to tell them it's because they simply dont understand it the way you do because you are a PES expert and they are not. That's why I take issue with guys like you Jimmy, not because you love PES but because you your look down your nose at people who dont and try to tell them they are stupid.

How do you define "break down technically"? I have stated on many occassions exaclty what I think is wrong with the game. One example is the shooting mechanic being inconsistent and broken, something that I think 99% of people agree with me on, yet your response was something along the lines of "OMG! YOU CANT EVEN SHOOT! LOL! YOU ARE A TROLL!" Is that your definition of "breaking things down technically"?

For every video or long winded explanation you post there will be others who have examples to the contrary. Having the time and ability to argue black is white does not make you right Jimmy, it makes you obstinate.

You need to get over this delusion that you and only you can understand PES and the game of football. It is simply not true. The fact that you are willing to go to such lengths to defend this game is frankly disturbing for a man of your age.

I and others could show you endless videos of problems with PES and I'm sure you would come up with some mind boggling explanation of why they are acceptable to you but to my mind they are not. That's it really. There's no need for a "pop quiz" or an essay writing contest.

Having the time and determination to argue black is white does not make you right Jimmy, it just makes you obstinate.

There is a one-word answer to my question, that can then be broken down across so many levels. You cant even answer that, yet you state the game is a 'broken mess', without the ability to dissect your reasoning.

Shooting isn't broke, or inconsistent, in my opinion. And this year, we have so many more shooting techniques at our disposal. Just because you dont understand them, doesn't mean it's broken.

As for the condescending tone, it was you that started this, check the post history.

This place has gone so far downhill of late, that people don't post or visit because of the likes of you. Nobody comes to Evo-Web to read your posts, you offer nothing constructive or insightful. Your here merely to wind people up. I called you out on your knowledge, your understanding, and you failed to deliver. End of.

It's odd that people that really love this game are still in this "The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread" trying to belittle people that dont like the game. This thread is for those that dont like the game is it really that hard to comprehend?

To be fair you've brought it on yourself. You've completely misinterpreted Rom and made this thread a page or two longer than it need be.

Of course all his fault, nothing to do with Jimmy or Rom! Your a fool if your blind to see what those two do, It was only yesterday Rom was bringing my mother into these discussions...Todays he's going on about how amazing Jimmy's life is compared to Puttz....i mean WTF who is this guy? God knows where he lives but up here you wouldnt last 2 minutes with an attitude like that. but yeah all Puttz fault.

Last edited:
There is a HUGE difference between "broken" and "flawless" Lami.

No game is flawless but very few that I bother to spend time playing are broken. Why would I play a broken game?

I believe PES 2012 to be broken in as much as it has more bugs and inconsistencies than any other game I own and due to these flaws I find the game no fun to play at all.

I have no problem with you or anyone else disagreeing with that and enjoying the game so I dont see why should anyone have a problem with me saying that I think that game is crap.
I don't really have a problem with anyone's opinion. Opinions clash at times because of different tastes etc. I guess what you want from it currently is different to mine. Maybe you see the glass half empty while I like to see it half full. For whatever time I have, this and Fifa give me what I want for my football fix.

Anyway, here's some food for thought about PES:

Does ANYONE play the game as Konami actually sell it out of the box? As in:

No edited kits
No edited badges
No edited player names
No edited leagues
No edited league names
No edited cup names
No edited formations
No edited starting line ups
No edited player stats

You get the picture.

The point being PES is always being made into a much better game than it actually is thanks to the hard working editing community or by people doing all that hard work themselves at home AFTER they have paid £40 for it.

I currently do. It's mainly because I don't have that much time that I used to before.

PES/WE/ISS have always been this way to cover the lack of licensing. I've never complained about this as it's a great addition. I've always spent so much time in the edit mode doing transfers mostly. I don't do this now because DLC takes care of it. Also editing players, each of us have their perception of players. I might overrate someone while you underrate him. I don't think any one person can be very accurate. We all try and edit them to what we think is accurate.

And on a different note,

Can we all tone down the crazy off-topic lunacy?

Let's all stay on-topic or I'll have to start deleting posts.

This is not the place to flame each other. We are all grown ups here, well I hope so.

There is a one-word answer to my question, that can then be broken down across so many levels. You cant even answer that, yet you state the game is a 'broken mess', without the ability to dissect your reasoning.

Shooting isn't broke, or inconsistent, in my opinion. And this year, we have so many more shooting techniques at our disposal. Just because you dont understand them, doesn't mean it's broken.

As for the condescending tone, it was you that started this, check the post history.

This place has gone so far downhill of late, that people don't post or visit because of the likes of you. Nobody comes to Evo-Web to read your posts, you offer nothing constructive or insightful. Your here merely to wind people up. I called you out on your knowledge, your understanding, and you failed to deliver. End of.

Now it's my fault that hardly anyone comes to this forum anymore? It cant possibly be anything to do with the fact that PES 2012 is not a very good game can it Jimmy?

I also started the condescending tone! Of course I did! Anything else want to blame me for anything? World hunger perhaps?

I know you dont think the shooting is broken, you've said so on many occassions, but if you cant see that accusing me of not "understanding" it is arrogant and condescending then what hope is there for us ever having a decent discussion?

Jimmy, for the last time, it's not a competition it's an OPINION. You cannot "call me out" or prove me wrong and saying "end of" does not make your opinion any more valid than anyone else's.

It's odd that people that really love this game are still in this "The "Not happy with PES 2012" thread" trying to belittle people that dont like the game. This thread is for those that dont like the game is it really that hard to comprehend?.

Yes, but at the same time this is a discussion forum. Any discussion needs views from both ends of the spectrum to keep it healthy. A thread where everyone agrees the game is bad, or good, is rather pointless.

If you remember I did take issue with this thread in the first place. I'd rather all discussion takes place in the official PES2012 discussion thread, positive or negative, so that issues can be debated by all sides in a mature manner. But alas, not to be.

All the 'happy' and 'not happy' threads have achieved is to polarise members here at Evo-Web, creating an "us and them" between those that like and dislike the game. It's been detrimental if you ask me.

Yeah go to your download history list, you can find it in PSN Store, I think in one of the icons on the top right of your screen (the icons such as wallet, etc). That lets you view everything you've downloaded for a good few years, and redownload it if you want.

Thanks I will try that. I think I downloaded 11 on my now deceased fattie. Might find 12 on the new one.

To be fair you've brought it on yourself. You've completely misinterpreted Rom and made this thread a page or two longer than it need be.

How can I make a thread "longer than it need be"? Surely the longer the thread is the better? :LOL:

Whatever Jamez, if you want to have me as the scapegoat for all the nonsense that happens in this thread while ignoring the others who contribute just as much to it it's no skin off my nose.

I've made an effort to swing my posts back onto PES now and hopefully that's where they'll stay but I think I have the right to defend my opinions and views on here just like everyone else.

Especially when I'm being accused of basically being a moron who doesn't understand the game of PES the way others do.

Yes, but at the same time this is a discussion forum. Any discussion needs views from both ends of the spectrum to keep it healthy. A thread where everyone agrees the game is bad, or good, is rather pointless.

If you remember I did take issue with this thread in the first place. I'd rather all discussion takes place in the official PES2012 discussion thread, positive or negative, so that issues can be debated by all sides in a mature manner. But alas, not to be.

All the 'happy' and 'not happy' threads have achieved is to polarise members here at Evo-Web, creating an "us and them" between those that like and dislike the game. It's been detrimental if you ask me.

Yeah i see your point but lets face it if the game was any good it this place wouldn be like what it's like as both sets are trying to ram their point home. Apparently this is the first year this place has been like this which is odd as Rom has just said him n Jimmy years ago used to be at each other's throats?

I dont know... with how shit the game is or how amazing the game is depending on your stance i dont think this year anyone will be changing anyone's mind on it so it makes more sense for people that dont like the game to stay out of the thread that was created to keep all the moans in one place.

Actually wait. I'm renaming this thread and throwing most of the repetitive negativity in here. Hopefully people enjoying PES 2012 can be at peace in that thread.

The whole point was that it would be easier for me to collect what needs to be fixed and fed back to Konami.

Unfortunately, it went the wrong way in here.

Back
Top Bottom