The Last Of Us: Part 2 [PS4]

The game is now apparently releasing in June.

Personally I have kept away from the plot links, and have no interest in finding out what they are.

I usually rent these 30 hours long pipe games anyways. They dont have much replay value. Only could sit through TLU once as well.

Sounds like desperation.
In what way?

I get that you hate this unreleased game for some reason, but your last few posts in this thread have just been straight-up trolling, and I know from previous posts you're not like that, so could you expand on this (without spoilers)? It's not comfortable to read.

In what way?

I get that you hate this unreleased game for some reason, but your last few posts in this thread have just been straight-up trolling, and I know from previous posts you're not like that, so could you expand on this? It's not comfortable to read.

I have nothing against TLOU and not even against Left Behind where we could explore further Ellie's motivation as that still was about the characters. ND gameplay (TLOU, Uncharted) is not really for me but their story telling had high standards. First i feel like the 2nd game's story is focused on, influenced by modern day politics rather than just telling a compelling character driven post apocalyptic story. Second even if that wasnt the case the structure seems really absurd how they present this story in the game and how the devs wish you to play it.
As for Neil he treats really unfairly the crowd and the fans who bought the first episode, elevated the serie to where it is, not to mention how he deals with the leaks where he tries to shut down youtubers with copyright strikes who talk about the story, not showing clips, videos.

THIS IS REALLY SPOILER(you may remove it if you wish to but its hard to elaborate without giving away any hints or possibly talking about off forum topics)
1. I dont like the plot at all, the idea is ok but it could have been delivered much better. Give you an example. Just announce a Last of Us spin off title with a new well written character where you yet again may explore a revenge story. The good old get familiar with your character, his/her baggage etc, why is she/he seeking revenge etc....up to the point where you understand the motives and even root for the character. Then big reveal at the end its Joel who you have to kill. I havent got that deep into the leaks but im pretty sure the main message is "it was all for nothing, revenge is a never ending cycle, lets all be friends" which is a nice message but it looks like its poorly delivered.. curently you have to play the second half of the game with the character who kills Joel, to hunt down and kill Ellie. I mean who wants to do that like this?

2. Im not even sure why this game have to be centered at people's sexuality...that wasnt a case at all in the previous game. It was about post apocalyptic survivor, revenge story about human nature. Im disappointed that this game too is influenced by modern day politics even after the movies..and yes its not just a coincidence that Anita Sarkeesian is involved with the game. I dont want to deal with propaganda when i would like to try to turn off. And even if we have a game like that why not create a new IP for it? Why use this game as secret a vessel? And no not even the "make Outworld great again" joke was funny at all in MK11. Why put these in my 60 dollar game?
But put aside the political propaganda, i wouldnt even like if suddenly dinosaurs would be in this...how ...when...why? No sense at all and you fool your customers on top.
And nope, im not really cool also with Neil labeling people phobes and such who dont like the leaks, not to mention trying to silence youtubers who talk about the leaks, who are not even showing clips, pics of it which means not abusing copyright laws. Taking all these into account, its really hard to be able to be convinced by this nice guy video of his, no surprise even about it's like-disslike ratio.

And nope i do not hate this game, im just not gonna buy it based on the leaks and keep my guard up when it comes to ND games in the future. Unless the reviews come in and they say the leaks are 100% false which is hard to believe at this point. Wishful thinking.

PS: i have no intention ruining the experience or the joy of anyone with this. So im not gonna come constantly here saying how stupid i find this game. It was just my two cents regarding the events around it.

Last edited:
I have the last of us for my PS3, my nephew played it from start to finish I watched it in some parts, the game has a great story and a very nice gameplay.
I follow the trailers closely, but one thing makes an impression in them, that all the women in the game ... look like dudes.
I'm not talking just about behavior, but purely physical. Whoever makes the game must hate femininity a lot. Obviously, women will play a major role in the game, but none of them look like a real woman, but rather like dudes. It is interesting that there is a lot of talk about diversity, but that diversity is only on one side.
I understand that post-apocalyptic game, but it turns out that feminine persons can not survive? This is sexism in its purest form :D

Last edited:
TBH even if the game wasn't good, I would still expect all reviewers to give the game 10/10..

Looking forward to release day now, but for some reason I am always last on the delivery route with Amazon.

Couldn't get into the first one and this one will probably go by me as well... It's a shame, but I still have a pile of stuff I need to play when I have the time. Also, I just think zombies are dead boring, in all media. But that's just me.

I can see a discount buy in my relatively near future though.

Pre-loaded it this morning.
As bought the digital copy for £46 using codes bought from Shopto, as decided to get it digitally and cancel my Amazon pre-order from September 2017.

Screenshot_20200620-125356_Chrome.jpg
What on earth is this bullocks, 24000 people have already played through the game and most hate it? This is a long game, so most of these assh☆les haven't even touched it. I am tempted to buy it only to tell them to eat shit.

Last edited:
What on earth is this bullocks, 24000 people have already played through the game and most hate it?
[HIDE]
giphy.gif
[/HIDE]

View attachment 47706
What on earth is this bullocks, 24000 people have already played through the game and most hate it? This is a long game, so most of these assh☆les haven't even touched it. I am tempted to buy it only to tell them to eat shit.

Game got so much bad response after the leaks, then loads of people cancelled their pre-orders and refuse to buy.

I have not read the leaks and currently about 10hours in and have nothing really to complain about.

It is more of the Last of Us..
Is it as good at the original - NO.
But it is still a great game.

View attachment 47706
Metacritic is a joke and gaming community is an even bigger one.The toxicity and childish behaviour is unbelievable.Any butthurt Xbox kiddo goes to Metacritic and give a zero and others who are butthurt that Ellie is a lesbian or because there is a bulky female character in the game or whatever they go and give a zero without even playing it first.
There are people this past 1-2 months who were obsessed to go all over the internet and try to spoil the game for everyone and wanting it to fail so bad.
Like what the fuck?How much of a no lifer you must be to overreact like that for a fucking videogame?
They want the story to be how they wanted it to be in their pretty little heads..But art isn't supposed to be a fan service thing.
I don't even have a ps and i won't be able to play the game.Maybe in the future if i buy a ps5 at some point.But i'm seeing videos of it and it really looks like a great game and i can see why almost every reviewer gave it an almost perfect score.Especially in the technical area it stretches the edges of this gen and it almost looks like a ps5 game.

Back
Top Bottom