The Club

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
Cannot see any other threads about this one?

Anyway, just downloaded the PS3 demo (nearly 2gb!). Read on other forums that this wasnt very good and initial impressions proved that - a tricky timed event in a prison proved frustrating (until I realised there were arrows on the floor!).

Then I tried the other level which is like a chase to the exit where you have to score a minimum amount of points to be allowed to escape and this is brilliant!!!

Once you get the hang of the controls (pretty much COD4) its great fun - fast paced arcade action - plus I can see where the notion of it being a cross between PGR4 and Gears of War comes from. As odd as that sounds, the second part of the demo I played is like a racing game as the layout to the finish it always the same and enemies appear in the same places, so you almost have to learn the layout like learning a race track or rally stage.

Its not repetive though as boring as that sounds, as its all about 'killing with style' - head shots, multiple kills, multipliers etc - all about finding the best route and best ways to kill - and quickly!

Can see this becoming a big online player if they add in the right tournaments, leaderboards etc.

I'm off for another blast - if you have a PS3, download this right away!!

I enjoyed the demo but they better update it and add some kind of online play because 1.7GB for a demo is crazy.

Thats true but the Burnout demo is far bigger than this and has online play and is about 850MB.

Oooh, thanks for the heads up. No idea what this game is, never heard of it, but I'll try anything once. Just ask jaygrim and his midget friend.

EDIT: "Cannot retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later."

Pricks.

Last edited:
Downloaded the 360 version too today (as it has a different character).

Gameplay identical though and I couldnt notice a difference between the 2 in any areas.

Prob get the 360 version though due to better XBL comms (when it frigging works!)

Utter, utter shite.

In my opinion of course.

Ah ha-ha-ha! Would not have expected anything else from you JB! :)

Care to expand on your opinion?

Did you play it much? Its a bit weird at first, but once you have 4/5 goes, it 'clicks' and becomes a really quirky little shooter.

Even though its only one level, with exactly the same layout etc - I'm addicted to trying to better my score and too me, thats what an arcade game is about.

Would seriously be interested to hear why you think its so gash.

Don't worry he'll love it next week, then hate it the week after, then love it the week after that, then hate it the week after that, ad infinitum ;)

No, trust me, I won't. You run, and shoot, and that's the extent of the plot. If they can't be arsed making a story, I can't be arsed playing the game.

Average gameplay, no story, not interested. Plus it's third-person, which doesn't help (I hate third-person unless it's done in a way that makes you forget it's third-person). There you go, is that enough for you? :)

No, trust me, I won't. You run, and shoot, and that's the extent of the plot. If they can't be arsed making a story, I can't be arsed playing the game.

Average gameplay, no story, not interested. Plus it's third-person, which doesn't help (I hate third-person unless it's done in a way that makes you forget it's third-person). There you go, is that enough for you? :)

The story is there is you watch the intro, but granted, not deep story, but thats for games like Mass Effect!

The whole idea of the game is an arcade style shooter - i was disappointed in the 3rd person at first, but when I discovered the aiming button (LT) it makes it more like an FPS and allows you to make hits much easier.

The game is then about quick killing, combos and learning the layouts of the levels (and secrets) - which is where the 'racing game' analogy comes in, that will give you the best score.

Hope people give this game a chance as on the first few play throughs it does leave a bitter taste, but keep going and there is a game there as fun as any i've played in a while.

Online will be even better as the enemy spawns will be random, rather than the set layouts.

Read about this a couple of months ago. I get the idea they are trying, a "racing" setup for a shooter. Its about doing the levels and improving your score. Same as racing is about better laptimes and beating your rivals. However it doesnt interest me.

I think this is an interesting game, I like the concept and I like the fact Bizzare are trying something a bit different. The notion of getting high scores, simply for the sake of having the highest score is a little antiquated these days outside of Xbox Live Arcade games, and if this was on the Arcade for a knockdown price I'd be all over it - but I'm not paying £40.

Cheers Dags - just did the Game thing... brought a PS3 A/V cable which had been reduced to 98p with the game - £20.97! Bargain time :)

Was probably gonna get it anyway, but at £20 its a no-brainer.

I let my missus actually buy it for Valentines (romantic!) and said to her to keep it till Thursday as I've got plenty of Tiger Woods and Poker Smash to play, but really looking forward to it.

The Multiplayer games sound brilliant, 9 different variations. Usual deathmatch/team deathmatch, but some other fab sounding ones. One is called 'Hunted'. The first player to get a kill becomes hunted and everyone tries to kill him. The 'hunted' loses all radar and racks up scores when he kills. The 'hunters' have radar and anyone that kills the hunted, then BECOMES the hunted and takes over the current score of the old hunted!

Cannot wait to try that bad boy...

Guess nobody else got this at the cheap price?

Got mine yesterday and think its superb - even better than the demo (which I like anyway).

Very good 'arcade' fun style game with great m/p modes...

Hope some of you pick it up as would be a good laff in Evo-Web Hunter/Hunted games!

If anyone wants to know anything about the game, then just ask!

I was close to picking it up for £20 but my girlfriend shouted at me for signing up for renting games and then wanting to buy one :(

Back
Top Bottom