Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

pboreham

Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.
5 August 2002
C*lchester
Southend Utd
No love for this on Evo-Web?

Watched the first couple and think its pretty solid so far. Good cast (the queen from '300' and Zack from Heroes main roles).

Some nice winks to the films too (i.e. "Come with me if you want to live" was a nice touch in Ep1!).

Recommended so far...

Im a fan. Im going to watch the finale tonight. I think the visuals and the story is strong, but my only fault is the protector chick. She kinda annoys me.

Its a good show for those who are fans of the series and also to those who enjoy stories that involve twists with time traveling.

I agree - it's a very quick action packed 40 odd minutes each episodes - only seen the first one but very promising!!

I agree - it's a very quick action packed 40 odd minutes each episodes - only seen the first one but very promising!!
I'd laugh if the next episode is 40 minutes of Sarah Connor making a cup of coffee and talking about shoes. :lol:

I already watched all the episodes and I'm not a big fan. But it's watchable in this hard period, lacking of shows.

good show. haven't seen the final 2 episodes so i won't read your posts ;) but i like how they based it on T2, everything works out pretty nicely. too bad they had to replace dr. silverman. (isn't the actor the same that plays the father of the girl in "new" knight rider? (which is utter, utter, UTTEr crap))

seen the first 5 eps so far. wasn't bad but not great either. catching up with lost and starting with the shield has kept me away from following this. if i have nothing to watch anymore though, i will finish this.

I think its good seen them all nice cliffhanger for finale.

Reports of it coming back so look forward to that. :))

Its not exactly a top show for me certainly not in cartegory for me of Sopranos,The Unit, Heroes but very watchable. :))

I've been watching it. Pretty good, but could be better.

It does not follow the Terminator movies story line exactly does it. I mean looking at T3. Unless they go back in time.

For sci fi fan like me, it keeps me occupied till Battlestar Galactica (best sci fi show ever) comes back.

It does not follow the Terminator movies story line exactly does it. I mean looking at T3. Unless they go back in time.
I don't understand. You mean you did'nt notice it happens between number 2 and 3 ?

I don't understand when you're talking about T3 and the back in time (maybe because of my english level...).

What I mean is that there several mistakes concerning the timeline of the terminator story ( the terminator movies and the tv show).

Everything in quotes tag is taken from somewhere else.

First of all.

Judgment day has already happened acording to the T3 story line. It happened in 2003.

In the cemetery scene(T3) John tells Katherine that his mother, Sarah Connor, had fought with leukemia for 3 years before dying in 1997. This would have meant she was diagnosed in 1994, before the events of Terminator 2 which made no reference to this. According to promotional material, John Connor is 22 years old in Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003), meaning that the T3 film should have been set in 2007 instead of 2003/2004
But the film was set supposedly set in 2003 and Judgement Day happened in 2003, meaning that in the tv show they are gonna fuck up and antecipate Judgment Day. (If I remember correctly, Cameron, the terminator chick, says that Judgment Day is in 2011).
The Leukemia part I think it's pretty obvious the mistake. Oh yeah. in 2007 Sarah Connor goes to a doctor and he doesn't find any signs of illness.

Another thing. John(TV) says that the events in T2 happened "two years ago", meaning that the pilot (first episode) should gave been set in 1997 not in 1999.

I'll keep writing about this. But i'm kinda busy now. Feel free to discuss.

Looks pants but seems some of you guys think it's okay so I may give it a go, may check Bionic women too but the acting is supposed to be pants too.. I'm hooked on Mythbusters American home make over shows at the mo.. More This Old House that's what I say...

Nick, SCC isnt amazing, but its watchable. I think each episode is hot or cold. I only really watched this because all the other shows are on hiatus and I'm a fan of Terminator.

I think the show is pretty solid personally. I agree there's something going on with the cancer, but I'm also not covinced she doesn't have it. Or that she'll still die of it.

From my understanding thi show takes place between T2 and T3, and isn't necessarily set this year? I'd of thought they'd go to lengths to be coherenet, the time travel/cause and effect stuff is great in terminator films.

Oh and Summer Glau is simply awesome. I miss Firefly.

I think the show is pretty solid personally. I agree there's something going on with the cancer, but I'm also not covinced she doesn't have it. Or that she'll still die of it.

From my understanding thi show takes place between T2 and T3, and isn't necessarily set this year? I'd of thought they'd go to lengths to be coherenet, the time travel/cause and effect stuff is great in terminator films.

Oh and Summer Glau is simply awesome. I miss Firefly.

time travel cause and effect! Star Trek LOL

Explaine this.
John Connor sends back in time Kyle Reese to protect his mother, that ends up knocking up John's mother and becomes John's father.

Did John Connor know that he was sending his father to the past to conceive him?

on a side note Cristian Bale is set to be John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. 2009

time travel cause and effect! Star Trek LOL

Explaine this.
John Connor sends back in time Kyle Reese to protect his mother, that ends up knocking up John's mother and becomes John's father.

Did John Connor know that he was sending his father to the past to conceive him?

on a side note Cristian Bale is set to be John Connor in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins. 2009

That last part is awesome if true - Christian Bale is superb!

watched the season finale last night, and it was rubbish they had the perfect opurtunity to have a big action sequence wth the swat team and blew it!

watched the season finale last night, and it was rubbish they had the perfect opurtunity to have a big action sequence wth the swat team and blew it!

Yeah maybe seeing the action would have been more fun but I thought that the way they did it was quite moving, it could be that they simply didn't have the budget to do the big shootout with all the required special effects it would entail........

Back
Top Bottom