Tennis Games PS3 / X360

Which is the best tennis game on PS3 or X360 ?

• Virtua Tennis

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • Top Spin (out soon)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Other tennis game

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

cfdh_edmundo

Maverick
30 December 2002
Hi,

I am thinking of getting a Tennis game for my PS3 or X360, but don't know if it's better to get Virtua Tennis 3 (which has been out for 9 months) or wait for the new Top Spin, which should come out in 3-4 months.

Does anyone know much about tennis games on the next gen ? The last Tennis game I played was Mario Tennis on the Gamecube so as you can tell I've been out of the picture for a few years and any help on which one is better would be ace (no pun intended ;) )

I played all virtua tennis and the latest Topspin and I prefer Virtua. Dutn really know why maybe because I was a sega boy XD

I've played both, and they're both good games with faults. Top Spin can become too easy once you adapt to the controls, Virtua Tennis ramps the difficulty up after each season and it takes you 3/4s of a season to catch up again. Top Spin is fun but Virtua Tennis is rewarding, after being incredibly stupidly AI-cheatingly frustrating.

If I was going to play either again it would be Top Spin but I wouldn't do it because I'd end up smashing more controllers, one of the most sickeningly frustrating games I've ever played (against the CPU obviously).

Smash Court tennis 3 will be released on 360 in NA/EU Q1 2008. not sure if if it is any good. already out in Japan.

Top Spin for me, Virtua Tennis is too much arcadey shit for my liking, Top Spin seems to play a more realistic game of tennis, although one thing I do hate about top spin is that when you're playing single player you have to change ends but the camera doesn't change to show from behind at the other end so you have to play from the top of the screen which is much harder to do (for me at least).

The new Top Spin is out soon for the "normal" consoles ;) and from what I've heard it's going to be out of this world. Virtua Tennis was too arcadey for me, Top Spin was always the better game, so I'm really looking forward to this new one.

May 20th is the release date at the moment, but knowing what games companies are like we'd best just say "Summer".

There's a little preview HERE, plus the screenshots. The screens aren't hi-def though, you can find them somewhere and some of them are just awesome, particularly the Boris Becker images.

EDIT: There's release dates on that link, says Q3 2008 for Europe, bugger.

Last edited:
that video looks shocking, nadal doesnt move atall on the first point just stands in one place! Terrible player movement and didnt look like he was hitting the ball!

I used to love virtua tennis' on the dreamcast, but on the 360 it was top spin 2 for me, over vt3 by a long way. virtua tennis 3 felt really laboured...

Back
Top Bottom