Tennis Elbow

Wow, thank you guys for letting me know that such a game even exists! It really is the best tennis sim out there... ever!

I agree that it's too expensive now, but I'll wait until 13.03 when it gets released on Steam, there will surely be a good offer at some point. Or a cheap key somewhere. ;)

I think the price is very reasonable - look at how much FIFA retails for, and that's only for a 12 month lifecycle. I bought TE in 2011 for about £16 and got upgraded to 2013 for free and the game has been continually supported by it's devs.

It doesn't have the visuals/animations of a big budget title from one of the big studios, but it's still by far the best tennis game around. To be honest I'd rather support the smaller devs making superb little games like this than hand £30+ to a corporation like EA yearly for pretty much rehashed editions of the same game.

I think the price is very reasonable - look at how much FIFA retails for, and that's only for a 12 month lifecycle. I bought TE in 2011 for about £16 and got upgraded to 2013 for free and the game has been continually supported by it's devs.

It doesn't have the visuals/animations of a big budget title from one of the big studios, but it's still by far the best tennis game around. To be honest I'd rather support the smaller devs making superb little games like this than hand £30+ to a corporation like EA yearly for pretty much rehashed editions of the same game.

Totally agree!

..this is a must buy game.. too expensive..nah..not for the best tennis game you'll ever play. The important thing is to also download some of the great patches around, eg. sams atp patch or the ITST patch.. both have decent player likeness with looks and animations of all the pros... looks much better than the demo or full version. Also, has some awesome HD 2d courts looking fantastic.

Btw, if you look on their forum, you'll notice a project to make this game looking even better, i.e. and improved version (particularly graphically) to be released sometime next year...

finally, im playing on junior level 9.. this is a hard game, but this level gives you a chance, and for now is the most realistic level for me. I cant believe people are playing this game at the master levels... because as soon is put it to junior level 10, im losing 6-0 regularly... even against some of the mino's when using players like nadal or Federer..

The ITST mod is made exclusively for online play, i.e. you can't use it in offline World Tour.

However, you can use Sam's MegaPatch for it, which also seems to be very good.

Yes, I believe that's the latest version of this mod. Doesn't look like there's gonna be any updates, unfortunately.

On the other hand, the ITST mod will get updated for sure, they're working on it.

ITST 1.17 is out already, and for me better than the previous 1.16. I do like some of the 2d courts on the 1.16 though, but that's just preference to the views I like. The 3rd US open court on the 1.17 version is the best court ive used thus far :)

btw, although ITST is considered an online patch (ie. designed for online, and u cant play the tour with the players and courts from this patch), you can still play offline practice matches with this patch (players and courts).. that's what ive been doing.

Of course there are errors in this game.. more than any ive played. Infact, if I want to I can hit an error every shot.. eg. be too close to the ball... or physically try to hit the ball out.. its very easy to do. The errors, and the fact the its all about timing and footwork (positioning) to succeed in this game, are the two factors that make this the best tennis game ever made. Like in tennis, you must be about a metre away from the ball it hit it well.. if the ball is too close to your body, or too far, or you hit it late or early, then you will make errors. Oh.. one other thing I forgot to mention.. what ive just said about errors, is only the case when you play with simulation controls. There are arcade controls which ive never used, but yeah that would be crap and much less error prone. Btw, there is a control level above simulation, which is the most realistic, but a bit too hard for my liking.. its called elite which im guessing would be very error prone and difficult to play with. Simulation is the best mode among most players. Finally, there are the actual game levels (ie. how hard the opposition is). There are about 5 levels, and about 10 sub levels.. meaning about 50 levels all up. I play junior 9 which about the middle, and find it very challenging using a great player (eg. Federer or nadal) vs. a medium player like kyrios or tomic. Just managed to win. Ive tried junior level 10 a few weeks ago and got pumped 6-0 6-0 regularly.
Anyways, download the latest version of TE2013, buy a key (for full version), then dl and apply itst patch 1.17. Probably the first sports game that's stopped me playing pes2015/pes6/we9LE.. and considering im not even a huge tennis fan, that's saying something. It really feels like tennis.. and that's just against the AI... cant wait to get some good multiplayer action sorted...

I started playing just yesterday. I play with 1.17 itst patch. You were right, there are many outs/errors in the game. But i have trouble with volleys. Cant seem to make them work. All my volleys are weak and in center. Which button should i press for powerfull volley?

Why some stadiums ads in itst 1.17 are wrong?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom