Suggestion Fifa forum splitting into general/editing?

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Wondering what the thoughts and chances are for this?

For me one of the reasons would be that I want to facilitate a system where people can give feedback to me that I feed directly to EA for fixing issues such as:

Players with wrong physical stats/DOB
Players with wrong hairstyles/skin tones/ accessories
Players at wrong clubs
Players stats/traits wrong
Teams with incorrect starting lineups/kicktakers
Teams with wrong tactics (obviously with the new tactical system that's much more important now).

On the editing side there's little that can be done for consoles but for PC there's obviously a lot of modding that can and does get done and I think that now that the PC version is more next gen than the previous versions and the fact PES is treading water again I think there'll be a bigger community of PC Fifa users growing so they'll want to get involved with the editing side.

If all of the above is just lumped into the one Fifa forum it's going to get very, very messy IMO.

Im sure the Powers above will be well against this

This is a PES site after all weather its going shite or not

Well I'd like to hear it from the PTB, after all if it weren't for Fifa they'd just be left with a few hardcore fanboys, may as well close the site completely if that's the case!

Well I'd like to hear it from the PTB, after all if it weren't for Fifa they'd just be left with a few hardcore fanboys, may as well close the site completely if that's the case!

You obviously don't realise how popular the editing side of PES still is then

We shall see soon enough what we'd be left with and what not. Can't wait to see the outcome of that... :SMOKIN:

I had heard that the FIFA Section on the forums wasn't going to last much longer, I wonder when those in charge are going to pipe up and let us know

I had heard that the FIFA Section on the forums wasn't going to last much longer, I wonder when those in charge are going to pipe up and let us know

I love how you speak in the 3rd person.

We all know you are still running this joint undercover. :-pp

I love how you speak in the 3rd person.

We all know you are still running this joint undercover. :-pp

If I was then the kind of shit thats going on behind the scenes wouldn't be going on

Well that's a bit silly seeing how Fifa is growing at present

If I was then the kind of shit thats going on behind the scenes wouldn't be going on

2 things.

1) What shit? We've had a discussion that's currently in limbo, that's about it.

2) Why make out that it's any different to when you were in there when that isn't the case?

2 things.

1) What shit? We've had a discussion that's currently in limbo, that's about it.

2) Why make out that it's any different to when you were in there when that isn't the case?

We all know the FIFA Section wouldn't have even happened if I was still part of the Admin team. It was brought about to divert attention from me getting the boot.

Its nice to see an Admin posting in here and not actually answering the question that was originally posted too

I think you took the boot far to seriously and think there is some kind of conspiracy against you. But who listens to me anyway :LOL:

Before this goes any further with wild speculation. Your loving Evo-Web staff started a discussion a few weeks back about the site and FIFA.

The fact is, regardless of how FIFA is doing, this is a Pro Evo fansite and community. That is what's at the core of our thinking. I'm pretty sure most or all of the staff will be happily trying out FIFA09 when it's around.

The problem lies in the fact that trying to cater for two games like this has caused stupid discussion after stupid discussion. How many PES and FIFA discussion threads have we been through in an effort to stop either of them descending into 'PES is shit lolz', 'no FIFA is shit lolz'.

Constructive comparisons are welcome and would still be covered if we regressed back to having a single thread in "Other Games Discussion" for FIFA and lost the rest.

Really it comes down to whether or not you think Evo-Web should try and be all things to all men (and women), in which case is that really Evo-Web? The editing section remains the most popular part of the site despite PES2008 and Konami's flaws so perhaps that should be how it stays.

As you can see, nothing has been done yet, if you wish to add to this discussion please do but in a constructive way and without anything personal, this is not an issue around who plays what, it's purely around whether a Pro Evo fansite is the best place for FIFA leagues and the like.

Couldn't agree more Mart.
There is too much animosity between PES-fans and FIFA-fans (and no, the FIFA fans are not necessarily to blame).

We all know the FIFA Section wouldn't have even happened if I was still part of the Admin team. It was brought about to divert attention from me getting the boot.

Its nice to see an Admin posting in here and not actually answering the question that was originally posted too

I realise that's how you saw the FIFA thing, your posts at the time showed us that. A very immature viewpoint as it happens, the FIFA thing had always been in discussion since January and fact fans might like to know it was Holio that suggested a seperate section as opposed to a subforum then too. It was absolutely nothing to do with your "boot" but does show how you value yourself above the site.

As you'll now see I was composing a decent post for the subject of the thread but felt offended at what I read from you so decided to respond to that.

If you have more to add in this vein please use a PM or MSN. Throughout the whole de-adminning and FIFA section responses I maintained a dignified public silence on purpose, it would be nice to be offered the same respect.

So no decision has been made and there are no plans to have all Fifa threads persona non grata from this site at any point in the near future?

No final decision has been made, no. But plans may be afoot for sure, as for a time line, nothing imminent but that wouldn't rule out a change in the near future. ;))

Well I'll be sorry to say goodbye to this place after so many years, but if Fifa is restricted to just one thread there'll be no longer any point coming here no matter how much I enjoy the mostly mature community here.

At least ThomasGoal and Badger and Zeemeister and Gerd and a couple of others will be happy in their newly purified PES fanboy haven :)

It would be a real shame to cull FIFA on these forums, they are PES yes, but times change and so has this forum, there are still loads of people who like PES, but all the main people like FIFA, which doesn't mean that no-one likes PES any more.

IMO it's a bad idea and will lead to a decline in Evo Web. If you're worried about the fanboys rowing, then just bring back the PES v FIFA thread and say anything goes - except anything personal, and leave it in there. People will always have different opinions, it's what makes the world the way it is.

Ooh - this is sad news :((

Sounds like it is pretty much going to happen?

I don't see much positive stuff coming from this.

I suppose the best thing to do is wait until PES 2009 and Fifa 09 come out and see if we all live happy ever after. I don't get everybody keep on trying to put their point over and over again.

Alot of people can't just let things lie which gets very annoying. Even though I agree with some people they need to put their point across once and stop repeating themselves.

I can understand why it is pissing people off. Is there no way of banning certain people from certain threads? - so if someone keeps winding people up and sounding like a broken record - they can just be stopped from posting in that thread?

That would be better IMO.

The whole Evo-Web being a PES site is all well and good. But the thing about Evo-Web is that it has built up a community of people through their initial love of PES. To get rid of Fifa all together and Alienate a proportion of that community - IMO would be detrimental to the site.

Thats just my thoughts :DD

This sounds really bad news and something which would start the decline for this site, I find this site the most level headed forum out there. People werent afraid of switching to FIFA now that it has become the better game unlike other forums which have huge numbers who still dont give the other game a chance. I think before taking this decisions wouldnt it be better to see what the actual community wants? A simple poll would allow us to vote for which option we would want rather than forcing certain things upon others.

Well I'll be sorry to say goodbye to this place after so many years, but if Fifa is restricted to just one thread there'll be no longer any point coming here no matter how much I enjoy the mostly mature community here.

At least ThomasGoal and Badger and Zeemeister and Gerd and a couple of others will be happy in their newly purified PES fanboy haven :)

This answer made me think.
Apart from the last paragraph one has to concede that he has a point.
If this would be a strictly FIFA-forum we would loose quite a few of very valuable members, people who took a lot of reponsability (CW and chris bauer to name only two).
Taking all this in mind, why not simply concede the fact that lots of people we know well prefer FIFA nowadays (i'm not so sure myself and "the others" consider me a fanboy).
It all depends on the the way certain threads are watched by the mods and their decisions. In the PES2009 thread yesterday evening there was somebody who said something in the line of: "let us ignorants enjoy our PES antcipations, why taking pleasure in spoiling other's fun...". I think that sums it up.

I guess the same happens in the FIFA thread (to be honest, i haven't visited the last one) with PES fans who visit that thread just to start flaming or provoking. Well why not ban those people for a couple of days...most of them mean no harm but let themselves carried away (and the same goes for the FIFA fans in the PES thread). If you ban them for a couple of days, they will see reason. And then there are the yearly terrorists like ieatfansforbreakfast or anonymous: ban them for good. And maybe one should reconsider using the yellow cards again...this made (other) people think...

Mart, Tom and other people of the powers that be: please think about this...i would miss chris bauer and others like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom