Sony PlayStation

No I would have made one, and I would have actually put something in it :LMAO:Think I would have used the actual name and everything.

I just won't be playing this for at least a while and trust @PRO_TOO to put some actual content in there.

No I would have made one, and I would have actually put something in it :LMAO:Think I would have used the actual name and everything.

I just won't be playing this for at least a while and trust @PRO_TOO to put some actual content in there.
If I did, I put all the usual helpful stuff in the op.
Not sure if we really need a thread for that. If there is demand, I can do that later today.

or @bsmaff is cool with me sending him the info so he can fill up the op!?

edit: work in progress…
Title: Hogwart‘s Legacy - live the unwritten

4FC881AC-CB70-48DE-88C8-7336F4E5084E.jpeg
Publisher: Warner Bros. Games
Developer: Avalanche Software
Genre: A-RPG
Number Of Players: Single-Player
Technical Data (Resolution/Framerate): tba
Distribution Format: Download, BD
Size: tba
Compatible Systems: PC, PlayStation, Xbox
Price: 59,99 rsvp
Release Date: Feb. 10th, 2023
Trailer: click here

Last edited:
Cancelled my pre-order for the PSVR headset.
There isn't really any games available at launch, I would want to try and played F1 at the weekend in VR and although was absolutely awesome, I felt sick after 3 laps and by lap 5 wanted to puke.
Used the PICO 4 headset on a 4090 and graphically was acceptable but nothing more but was a million times better than the original PSVR.

Tried a couple of other games at the time and the only one which blew me away was Flight Sim, that was a whole other level using VR.

Yeah some very impressive games for the Extra tier.
Screenshot 2023-02-16 102430.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-16 102409.jpg

The Premier tier continues being hardly worth a mention.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 102604.jpg

Maybe this will tickle someone's nostalgia. Still, the Extra tier is where it's at.

Looks outstanding, but like many people i feel a bit nausea on certain games, especially racing or flying game.
Never liked the 3D effect, but i admit it's really impressive, through it can't replace the VG.
I'd like better the "fake 3D" holographic, it's less agressive. It was enough to me, like the 3DS does. Real 3D is a bit... Fearsome and disturbing to me especially on the long term.

Some people don't have those issue, me for example i take a gigant rock on my face (or something like in Horizon Dawn) i'm starting to getting nervous and not really "fear" but too prudent to advance and fight clearly from the front.

On F1 games, just imagine the reality how fast those guys are confronted in everything other than visual, well they got astronauts training, and didn't started from nothing to 300+ km/h. Their learning (to get used to) was gradual.

Last edited:
Looks outstanding, but like many people i feel a bit nausea on certain games, especially racing or flying game.
Never liked the 3D effect, but i admit it's really impressive, through it can't replace the VG.
I'd like better the "fake 3D" holographic, it's less agressive. It was enough to me, like the 3DS does. Real 3D is a bit... Fearsome and disturbing to me especially on the long term.

Some people don't have those issue, me for example i take a gigant rock on my face (or something like in Horizon Dawn) i'm starting to getting nervous and not really "fear" but too prudent to advance and fight clearly from the front.

On F1 games, just imagine the reality how fast those guys are confronted in everything other than visual, well they got astronauts training, and didn't started from nothing to 300+ km/h. Their learning (to get used to) was gradual.
It's not easy to use VR, this is why these products are coming with health warnings. When I was younger I had no problems playing horror games, in my mid 40s now I'm not even touching them. I get anxious out of nowhere. Same with theme parks, rollercoasters etc in real life. I can't ride them right now. I never had problems when I was younger.

Yes i never said it was for everyone, but from what i ear in my entourage who tried "real 3D" even people who don't got issues with speed or altitude don't support it that much. At least 2 people on 3 got hard with 3D, in my entourage (so, not at all a big scale of people not supporting it, not a measure to take seriously)
I will check a bit about it one day for information... But as i won't buy it, less interest to know whatsoever be honest.

Always got a bit of vertige, more than 7-8 meters so... To be honest i would be like people who doesn't feel nothing on long term. Because it's not directly that i got it : first i feel like i'm in the future of gaming, then i got enough and after i really feel a need to stop quickly or i'll get sick.

I never had problems when I was younger.
Im the same. Maybe not as much rollercoasters, but small spinny carousels for kids. Like spinning tea cups or something. Absolute nightmare. Went onto one of these with my daughter and came off it looking like a ghost.
Older games like Doom, with a bit more crappy graphics and im getting nauseous instantly, even tho I played them all when I was a kid.
Im a bit weary of VR and how will I respond to it, but im hoping that with better technology and improved graphics - the effects wont be too severe.

I had an Oculus Rift briefly and found that I was generally okay with VR games (other than eye strain that comes on fairly quickly) - but with VR video content (e.g. sitting on top of a football stadium and looking down at a match)... Really, really horrible feeling (as if I was leaning forward and about to fall down, permanently).

When you get your head upside down but you don't feel it, that a bit different.
But about Vertigo or super speed it's an experience that yes, but stuff you can feel just by visual, it's a bit another sensation.
I can go to a Bullet Train and watch how fast it goes lol, but what's weird is Racing speed... Without feeling all the rest relative to speed that makes me feels uncomfortable.

F1 or simpling racing for example, the wheel on the road, feeling the car turning and limits, staying glued to your seat, breath "management" etc.
Was once co-pilot just for a training on a completely empty modded Alfa Romeo for a race, i don't know how you may call it.... Just you came with your car in the best shape and transform it to be fast and good to drive for you, and everyone does that for their car.

Like a Gran Turismo stuff to be brief. I can told you that i feel multiple time the sensation that my hearth stopped beating... I swear it's super impressive and it was something super amateurish in comparison to games we could play with the VR stuff.
Well, needs to retry thinking of it. I was captivated by Gran Turismo vid. But for the high price : never brought it without having tried at least 20 minutes (enough)

Don't know about rest countries, but just FYI, since yesterday PS5 consoles are again on stock at Greek shops, after 2+ years, without sneaky mandatory bundles, or preorder of preorder queue, and the retail price by SoNYs command, due to inflation at 549€. (i assume this applies for all Europe).

According to an article i read, (its in Greek so i don't put tbe link), the stock is enough to avoid scallpers scums this time, at least to the initial degree.

They seem to be in stock most places now.
UK have been in stock for a couple of months now, but the problem being most shops are only selling them in bundles you don't want.

Sony State of Play tonight, didn't have a lot going on but there are some nice additions to the extra and Premier Tiers coming in March
Screenshot 2023-02-24 003726.jpg
I have been hovering over that Uncharted update since it came out but never pulled the trigger, and I will probably try all the rest as well.

So, PSVR2. (Was going to make a separate thread for this but there's tons of posts about it in here already, and it's fairly niche, so I don't think it needs one... It's not like there's loads of other PS5-related topics to discuss.)

I crumbled after seeing a few Gran Turismo videos and bought one that arrived on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting much, given my previous experiences with the original PSVR and Oculus Rift.

I've already used the PSVR2 more than I did either one of those, because every element of it is better. Not just the graphics, but the implementation, the ease-of-use, the comfort of it.

It's hard to review it, because it's genuinely incredible - revolutionary and mind-blowing, even if you've tried VR before because it's such a step-up (unless you're a hardcore PC gamer with an unlimited budget) - and yet I don't know if I'd recommend it, because the games are 90% indie titles that I'd describe as mini-games, and I don't know if that's ever going to change.

---

I can't play Gran Turismo 7 without VR now. It's just half an experience, and I can't perform to the same level (you can judge the braking distances etc. so much more easily when everything's 3D). But it's the little things that I love the most. I turned to see a rival's car on the passenger side, and when I saw the texture of the seat, and the way that the brake lights from the car in-front lit it up red... I was amazed - and I know how crazy that sounds, but it's so immersive I couldn't begin to put it into words. I was transfixed by how eerily realistic the interior looks, and reacts to light.

I've never had motion-sickness or anything like that when playing VR games - only when watching real-world content. However, with GT7, going over bumps at 100mph really makes my stomach turn upside-down, like it does in real-life. When I turn a corner at speed, my body involuntarily leans in the opposite direction as if I can feel the G-force. I've also accidentally stamped on the cat's tail when desperately trying to brake for a corner. It is astonishing how your brain tricks you.

And yet, I'm a little disappointed that some of the graphics are a bit flat. When car textures switch between low/hi-res at a distance, it's really horrible - sometimes the low-res version has banners/bumpers/spoilers on that the hi-res version doesn't have, and it instantly spoils that immersion (and happens multiple times every race).

But, that's just GT7. I worried all VR games would be like that due to the limitations, but they're not.

---

The Horizon game is absolutely awe-inspiring. Truly an experience like no other I've tried. The graphics are on another level, but the haptic feedback in the headset and controllers really add to the immersion, and climbing rocks/ropes feels authentic in a whole new way. The accuracy of the controllers helps, as does the eye-tracking which makes menu navigation so instinctive it's a little bit scary.

I bought Tetris Effect because when I first got an OLED TV, the HDR implementation and the way the colours popped really blew me away. In VR, I found that I'm so intensely focused on the Tetris blocks (and your field of vision is smaller) that I barely noticed the level designs, i.e. the amazing 3D animals swimming and flying around you. But, again, I think it's so much more immersive that I'd always prefer to play it in VR if I could.

But beyond these games... I don't know what else I'm going to get. I'd love to try Skyrim VR, but it doesn't look like it'll be available for PSVR2 (especially now that Microsoft own Bethesda). Those deeper AAA RPG-style experiences seem thin on the ground.

---

Finally - standard games, played on a "virtual cinema screen"... Well, I'm a bit torn on this one. HUD elements and text on the screen are very obviously blurred when not in your central vision. When you move your eyes to where e.g. the mini-map is in Witcher 3 - which I look at many times per minute - you just see a blurred circle that's not comfortable to look at, without moving your head away from the centre of the screen to look at it. Whipping your head back and forth doesn't feel great.

You can reduce the size of the screen to fit it all into your vision, but then you become aware that you're basically looking at a Game Boy screen when you could be playing on your beefy 4K TV... and that's another downside, the fact that the lower pixel density on the headset is evident versus playing it on a 4K TV.

And yet, I have done this a few times - sometimes so that the missus can use the TV, and sometimes because it can be pretty immersive with the right game. FIFA 19 (the last PlayStation FIFA I bought) is really, really good played in this way. There's no HUD you need to be looking at all the time (if you play with a zoomed-out camera and don't need the radar at least), and...

Man oh man, if EASFC includes some kind of VR camera angle so that you're inside the stadium watching the game (rather than watching it on a flat screen)... I would absolutely love that. Let alone if there was a Be A Pro VR camera.

---

So. TL: DR; it's incredible, and yet I don't know whether I'll be keeping it beyond a couple of months because I don't think there's any other games I want to play.

If I could invite you all over to try Horizon, I would. I wish you could all experience it.

Thanks for your detailed insights, Chris!
For me, there are simply no games that would make me get it. I’m good with my cheap Q2 VR experience plus the games offered.
I’m just tired of physics demos, rail shooter, cartoony games, tech demos and simple games like tumbler or tetris in VR.

Horizon, for example, could’ve been so good, but it turned a climbing sim with archer events. No comparison to the flat game.

GT7 seems to be the most „mature“ game to me. But then again, I can have better racing sims on PC.

As every system for me is only as good as the software it offers, I have no need to get this.

this whole VR thing, even 1.5k hmds, are still in child shoes imo. But we are getting there.
sure it’s tempering for console owners without a proper pc to run VR like this… i even watched a friend today experiencing Pavlov first time and I had fun watching him. He was super exited and I get that. It’s just not enough for me personal.

Wow, you have turned into proper PC master race fairly fucking swiftly.
Statements like this really annoy me.
Wow.
Surprisingly, I find your personal perception of my comment to be very insensitive, precisely because your statements in this forum represent a value for many users.
Have a great Sunday, M! 👊

Back
Top Bottom